WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

565 Twin Turbo Chevy Engine For Sale

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
20170723_142125.jpg 20170723_142103.jpg 20170723_142138.jpg 20170723_142150.jpg 20170723_142208.jpg 20170723_142344.jpg

I'm posting this engine for sale for a friend. I've known this guy almost 30yrs, he doesn't half ass anything. He built this engine for a Cambell boat project but wound up selling the boat before the engine made it in. Now it's just sitting covered up at his shop waiting for a new home. The ONLY run time this engine has on it is "Dyno run time". I wasn't able to get the dyno sheet (he will find it and show it to any interested parties) but I do know it made 1050 hp on pump gas. He went with a single carb because he wanted it to be as trouble free as possible.

Merlin II billet cap block
Eagle 4.250 crank
Eagle H beam rods
J&E pistons
Comp Cams hyd roller cam, lifters, and rockers
ATI balancer
Douley polished oil cooler
Aluminum flywheel
Dart Pro 1 heads
ARP head studs
MSD ignition
Holley HP1000 carb

I would actually buy this engine myself (even though I have nothing to put it in....YET...;)..) but I'm trying to be responsible and buy a house...
You can't build this engine for what he's selling it for.
My buddy is a no BS hard working kinda guy who doesn't go on forums so I'm doing this to help him out. I don't go on RDP as much as I used to but River Dave knows me pretty well and will vouch for me (I hope!...lol...) so if you are seriously interested contact me (Ian 928-208-9158) on my cell and I'll put you in touch with the seller.
Engine is located in the SFV area and the price is 19k.
Thanx for looking...

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
Well this is one way to put UCH back in the water. :)

Dyno time only? How long has it been sitting?

Yup, never been installed. Been sitting in his shop less than a year.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Yup, never been installed. Been sitting in his shop less than a year.

I like the parts that are in it.

Your post reads as if he assembled it himself, who did the machining?

Since it was intended for a boat, were the piston, valveguide, and bearing clearances setup for marine use?

Brian

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
I like the parts that are in it.

Your post reads as if he assembled it himself, who did the machining?

Since it was intended for a boat, were the piston, valveguide, and bearing clearances setup for marine use?

Brian

It was built by a shop in Havasu called Performance One. I'm going to see my buddy in a few hours. I'll see what other info he can give me but I do know he wouldn't use someone unless he thought they were more than capable of doing the job correctly. He's a mechanic himself and is very adamant about the quality of the work being performed whether it be for him or by him.

Reaper1

Reaction score
It was built by a shop in Havasu called Performance One. I'm going to see my buddy in a few hours. I'll see what other info he can give me but I do know he wouldn't use someone unless he thought they were more than capable of doing the job correctly. He's a mechanic himself and is very adamant about the quality of the work being performed whether it be for him or by him.
Performance One(Andy) builds a good motor! He rebuilt my HO and he does a lot of work for Absolute Speed and Marine. Nice guy to work with.

Dalton

Reaction score
i worked in an engine shop and we were never allowed to set engines on the ground like that, but I'm not actually sure why?