WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

North Korea Backs Down, Trump Averts Nuclear War.

Sandlord

Reaction score
old Fire and Fury speech works.

Winning: North Korea Backs Down from Guam Threat

North Korea backed down Monday from a threat to fire missiles at the U.S. territory of Guam, according to a North Korean state media report cited by the Wall Street Journal.
Dictator Kim Jong-un had decided against the missile attack, according to the report, after making preparations to launch it. He warned that North Korea was still ready to attack Guam if the U.S. continued to make ?arrogant provocations? and ?unilateral demands.?

?If the Yankees persist in their extremely dangerous reckless actions on the Korean Peninsula and in its vicinity, testing the self-restraint of the DPRK, the [North] will make an important decision as it already declared,? he said.

North Korea?s decision to back down is a major victory for the United States, as it was achieved ? apparently ? with no concessions to the regime, and after a sustained ?Twitter war? of words with President Donald Trump.

and the rest of the story:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/14/winning-north-korea-backs-guam-threat/

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
This caught my eye......Wow!:yikes

Happy that bitch is gone.

His critics, including former Obama administration National Security Adviser Susan Rice, accused him of escalating the situation. Rice even suggested appeasement: ?[W]e can, if we must, tolerate nuclear weapons in North Korea.?

Sandlord

Reaction score
It's great news. Now lets focus on tax reform and repairing the ACA.

thats still stalled in congress.

but hey, the guy just potentially saved thousands of lives and saved billions of dollars with the same Peace Through Strength policy used by Kennedy, Eisenhower, and Reagan. Cut him a little slack for a day.

MSum661

Reaction score
Temporarily.

Noted.

noted.jpg

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Good news all around!

Wonder what happens next ?

UD

Old Texan

Reaction score
The kid was making a mistake of epic proportions, Im glad he decided to rethink his position.

"Kid".....That's funny.:D

Can you imagine if one of his slave citizens called him that? They'd be dead by sundown.

Kid is funny, but Tyrannical Little Prick is more accurate.;)

EmpirE231

Reaction score
The libs on this board are not impressed... they must have wanted war? :eek

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
I think "fat boy Kim" may have had that whisper in his ear by the chinese, especially after Trump said he was going to open a investigation on them regarding the business practices they are using against America.;):hmm

I'll make a prediction the little turd will be dead before the end of the year, of course by accident.:thumbsup;)

Old Texan

Reaction score
I think "fat boy Kim" may have had that whisper in his ear by the chinese, especially after Trump said he was going to open a investigation on them regarding the business practices they are using against America.;):hmm

I'll make a prediction the little turd will be dead before the end of the year, of course by accident.:thumbsup;)

Choke on a piece of Gen Tsao's chicken I bet.....:yikes

nowski

Reaction score
This old song brings back some memories and holds true today...

[video=youtube;XzEwCc4WVKs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzEwCc4WVKs[/video]

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
It's great news. Now lets focus on tax reform and repairing the ACA.

You're welcome !

Now, why don't YOU wake up Schumer, Pelosi, DWS, and McCriminal , then get your liberal braintrust to work doing SOMETHING in CONGRESS !

Even Obama voted "present" once in awhile ...............

530RL

Reaction score

Another possibility is that the Chinese whispered "If you guys would quit bothering Trump, he can tear apart the fabric and bring down his own country faster than we could combined and it costs us nothing.....". :eek

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Another possibility is that the Chinese whispered "If you guys would quit bothering Trump, he can tear apart the fabric and bring down his own country faster than we could combined and it costs us nothing.....". :eek

After reading the direction of most of your positions lately it sure appears that you would be very happy to see exactly that happen, just like Soros and a few others.:rolleyes

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

:rotflmao:

It's obvious you lack the brass needed to correct the ship, so do us a favor and get back on your knees oh holy one. :thumbsup

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I think we are going to have to let Kim hit something before people will give a shit

They are getting closer, I read that they launched one over Japan, and Japan doesn't seem very concerned.

Brian

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I'll be very surprised, and extremely disenchanted with Trump, if a strike happens.
I still believe we will see a surgical removal of the tumor before we see full on radiation...

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I'll be very surprised, and extremely disenchanted with Trump, if a strike happens.
I still believe we will see a surgical removal of the tumor before we see full on radiation...

Really, I mean come on, the guy lives here too, has a fine ass wife and a young son to boot, along with grandkids...he's not going to ruin the planet with a temper tantrum for fucks sake like all the snowflakes are worried about....:p

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Really, I mean come on, the guy lives here too, has a fine ass wife and a young son to boot, along with grandkids...he's not going to ruin the planet with a temper tantrum for fucks sake like all the snowflakes are worried about....:p

I agree!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
With NK shooting a test missile over Japan and last nights newest firecracker (wonder who helped him build that?)

Doesn't seem like anything was " averted" for long.

UD

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
With NK shooting a test missile over Japan and last nights newest firecracker (wonder who helped him build that?)

Doesn't seem like anything was " averted" for long.

UD

He needs to fire more tweets at Kim Jong, that'll show him. [emoji106]

Hullbilly

Reaction score
If only there were ever a strong, powerful man that would bow down and draw a red line in the sand.....Then we would not have to worry about those pesky little koreans

Wakebrdr94

Reaction score

He does appear to be playing chicken with a mad man, but Kim isnt going to back down either

spectras only

Reaction score
Kim isn't going to start a war. He'll do something only if attacked in like cornered, rats syndrome. I'm still thinking, Trump and Kimmy will have a hamburger together one day at the first McDonald franchise opening in NK;):D China can't allow NK to get entangled in a North South war meaning more than likely loosing NK to the South.Imagine NK refugees spilling over China. China is not Germany run by a bleeding heart woman, welcoming foreigners with open arms.:skull

spectras only

Reaction score
This is an interesting policy choice to announce right now given the situation in N. Korea with both missile tests and bomb tests? forward thinking

Any ideas on the strategic thinking of trying to start a trade war with S. Korea all the while having to deal with N. Korea?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/348990-report-trump-starts-plans-to-withdraw-from-south-korea-free-trade

you and I both lost finding logic into this matter. However nothing new about politicians and agenda driven groups meddling trade practices [ Nafta for instance ] that ends average Joes keeping their jobs secure. Nafta more than decimated canadian jobs, giving it to Mexico. 45% auto manufacturing on this side of the Atlantic, is in Mexico now, I've read recently. Further applications of robots kill even more jobs in the manufacturing industry. Population growing at an alarming rate, yet, jobs are disappearing. Good job by forward thinking people:rolleyes:skull I'm retired so don't care as long Canada doesn't run out of pension funds before I die. Pretty selfish of me,huh;)

Old Texan

Reaction score
The media needs to print the details of the deals rather than argue from the political side. There is far more to the trade issue than ever comes out in these editorialized pieces meant to garner reactions.;)