WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hollywood Forever Cemetery to Remove Confederate Monument

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Getting out of hand with removing our countries history

http://ktla.com/2017/08/15/hollywoo...after-calls-from-activists-vandalism-threats/

The Hollywood Forever Cemetery announced plans Tuesday to take down a monument commemorating Confederate veterans after hundreds of activists requested its removal, with some threatening vandalism.

Since 1925, the 6-foot monument has stood in the Confederate section of the cemetery, where more than 30 Confederate veterans, along with their families, are buried. The monument will be taken to a storage site within the next 24 hours, cemetery officials said, but the grave markers will remain.

500bbc

Reaction score
After 1,700 years, Buddhas fall to Taliban dynamite

THE world's two largest standing Buddhas - one of them 165ft high - were blown up by the Taliban in Afghanistan at the weekend.

A Buddha of Bamiyan statue stands over 150 feet high above a small town situated at the foot of the Hindu Kush mountains of central Afghanistan, prior to its destruction

After failing to destroy the 1,700-year-old sandstone statues of Buddha with anti-aircraft and tank fire, the Taliban brought a lorryload of dynamite from Kabul. A Western observer said: "They drilled holes into the torsos of the two statues and then placed dynamite charges inside the holes to blow them up."

News

ISIS ransacks museum, destroys 2,000-year-old artifacts

By Chris Perez

February 26, 2015 | 11:37am

Mao Zedong's folly known as the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution was a tragic period for the Chinese people and their civilization. The Cultural Revolution was designed to destroy the culture of pre-Communist China, to shake up the ranks of the party cadre from their positions of rank and privilege, to punish the cadre for the criticisms that were lodged against Mao's failed Great Leap Forward experiment, and to continue attacks against the intelligentsia..

Tards march in the same footprints...

Pigs in a blanket....

:fingerTards:finger

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
The world is in a sad shape when idealistic hate groups shit all over society. No nations is safe from these radical idiots. Gives new meaning to ignorance is bliss. Ignorance and hatred are a deadly combination.:grumble:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Wow...hundreds of activists....vs the millions that live here....that is sure public opinion!

People are going to start getting shot dead soon. You mark my words. This kind of bullshit only lasts so long before people start to snap.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Wow...hundreds of activists....vs the millions that live here....that is sure public opinion!

People are going to start getting shot dead soon. You mark my words. This kind of bullshit only lasts so long before people start to snap.

This happened at my gym last night when they showed trumps speech and what happened over the weekend in VA on one of the T.V.s. Two long time freinds Tim (R) 56 years old and Rick (D) 64. Both business owners. We were on the bikes and I was in between the two. :yikes Got loud and very heated. Tim tried to drag me into it. :box: He apologized later and we all went home. :beerReminded me of the P & G. But live. :D

MAGA..:finger

500bbc

Reaction score
This happened at my gym last night when they showed trumps speech and what happened over the weekend in VA on one of the T.V.s. Two long time freinds Tim (R) 56 years old and Rick (D) 64. Both business owners. We were on the bikes and I was in between the two. :yikes Got loud and very heated. Tim tried to drag me into it. :box: He apologized later and we all went home. :beerReminded me of the P & G. But live. :D

MAGA..:finger

I'm sure you support the removal of the statues in the OP...due to death threats.

:finger

530RL

Reaction score
Wait until the snowflakes find out George Washington is on those dollar bills they're using to buy their hipster coffee drinks with at Starbucks.

George Washington was a Patriot. Robert E. Lee was a traitor who took up arms against his own country.

I would hope those Snowflakes would understand the difference between a patriot and a traitor, but in any event if they are paying 6 bucks for a cup of coffee, they probably pay with their phone and have not seen real money in years....... :D

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
George Washington was a Patriot. Robert E. Lee was a traitor who took up arms against his own country.

I would hope those Snowflakes would understand the difference between a patriot and a traitor, but in any event if they are paying 6 bucks for a cup of coffee, they probably pay with their phone and have not seen real money in years....... :D

George Washington owned slaves until his death and only freed them in his will.

The story is about the Hollywood Forever monument which is dedicated to the men of the Confederate Army who had died or will die on the coast. It wasn't about Robert E Lee. Hardly a racial issue with the Hollywood monument.

Again, you're posting about something you didn't take the time to read or only picked the parts you wanted to read.

Robert E Lee is a different thread...

RCDave

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20800339_1631500880214087_3016050168394864890_n.jpg
    20800339_1631500880214087_3016050168394864890_n.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 19

530RL

Reaction score
George Washington owned slaves until his death and only freed them in his will.

The story is about the Hollywood Forever monument which is dedicated to the men of the Confederate Army who had died or will die on the coast. It wasn't about Robert E Lee. Hardly a racial issue with the Hollywood monument.

Again, you're posting about something you didn't take the time to read or only picked the parts you wanted to read.

Robert E Lee is a different thread...

Fair point, it would have been more clear to state confederate soldiers took up arms against their own country and were traitors.....

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Fair point, it would have been more clear to state confederate soldiers took up arms against their own country and were traitors.....

Fair point as well. It could equally be said that they didn't want government, or someone as far away as Washington, to tell them how to live their lives.

How information was interpreted and received back then was very different than it is today.

Attacking a monument at Hollywood Forever is as ridiculous as attacking the dollar bill. Victimization is the new cool trend but it's a dangerous ideal to try and erase history, as if it never happened, as well.

500bbc

Reaction score

By your constant inability to understand normal thinking (CiUNT), the founding fathers and all who fought to establish this country are nothing more than traitors.

Good job Tard!:finger

Old Texan

Reaction score

Your statement is not fair due to the time periods both men lived. Lee chose to fight for home and his home state. There was great consternation on his part as he loved the US.

Washington also called VA home and had great allegiance to VA while obviously loving the US.

Who's to say Washington to would have not chosen VA first. And especially from the point he was plantation owner with slaves.

Whether you would ever admit it or not, Washington was a true southerner with like business interests and very well would have been true to the southern states in what was more an economic war than one of just slavery. Slavery was a major issue, butan issue Lincoln would have allowed to continue if it would have prevented the southern states session which is the reason the war happened.

Old Texan

Reaction score

Many, if not most of the rank and file were defending their homes and property against an invading Union Army come to retake federal properties.

The atrocities committed by Union troops under Sherman in particular, should have been treated as war crimes at the end of the day. I stop well short of calling men traitors that defended their homes and families against the slaughter and even salting the soil to prevent food from being grown. Lincoln lost control of his military and much today's animosities can be directly traced back this inhuman failure.

The Civil War was the nation's darkest era and never should have taken place. Politics far surpassed common sense and reasoning to work out the real issues of free trade and states rights. Hell the SP even made a poor ruling that kept slavery from being abolished. Copperheads feared the migration of freed slaves would harm the north in backing that decision.

Too many issues top ever call anyone traitors in that sad historical clusterfuck.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

If I read this right what you're saying is, if you take up arms against your country and win...you're a patriot.
If you take up arms and lose...you're a traitor.

500bbc

Reaction score
Many, if not most of the rank and file were defending their homes and property against an invading Union Army come to retake federal properties.

The atrocities committed by Union troops under Sherman in particular, should have been treated as war crimes at the end of the day. I stop well short of calling men traitors that defended their homes and families against the slaughter and even salting the soil to prevent food from being grown. Lincoln lost control of his military and much today's animosities can be directly traced back this inhuman failure.

The Civil War was the nation's darkest era and never should have taken place. Politics far surpassed common sense and reasoning to work out the real issues of free trade and states rights. Hell the SP even made a poor ruling that kept slavery from being abolished. Copperheads feared the migration of freed slaves would harm the north in backing that decision.

Too many issues top ever call anyone traitors in that sad historical clusterfuck.

You're obviously just an everyday, common, white supremacist RACIST!!!!!!

Old Texan

Reaction score
You're obviously just an everyday, common, white supremacist RACIST!!!!!!

I guess.....The history of this nation sadly gets distorted and twisted to make inaccurate points. The Civil War was a horrible mistake that has and is used by far too many out of context to make further mistakes.

Our current issue being kicked around this week has allowed racists special interest hate groups to accomplish their goals of divide and conquer.

530RL

Reaction score
By your constant inability to understand normal thinking (CiUNT), the founding fathers and all who fought to establish this country are nothing more than traitors.

Good job Tard!:finger

No, the difference is that the founding fathers won, hence the expression "one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist", or traitor in this case.

Had the Confederacy won, they would have their own country, constitution, form of government and monuments to their independence just as we have. But they lost.....so they are traitors. Those are the consequences of taking up arms against your own Country. You win your own Country, or you deserve to be hung as a traitor.

Had the founding fathers lost, there would be no Washington Monument, you'd be eating stargazey pie and weeping over Diana's death but you are not, you are an American. So try to show some patriotism, pride and love of the United States of America and quit defending the Confederacy and all those who engaged in treason against your Country.

What's next, you going to tell us how in the Taliban and Isis, there are some really great guys, some really fine people........

And you call other people dipshits.......:smackhead

If I read this right what you're saying is, if you take up arms against your country and win...you're a patriot.
If you take up arms and lose...you're a traitor.

Yep.

That is the way of war and the history of how nations are formed and lost.

They are the consequences.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
No, the difference is that the founding fathers won, hence the expression "one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist", or traitor in this case.

Had the Confederacy won, they would have their own country, constitution, form of government and monuments to their independence just as we have. But they lost.....so they are traitors. Those are the consequences of taking up arms against your own Country. You win your own Country, or you deserve to be hung as a traitor.

Had the founding fathers lost, there would be no Washington Monument, you'd be eating stargazey pie and weeping over Diana's death but you are not, you are an American. So try to show some patriotism, pride and love of the United States of America and quit defending the Confederacy and all those who engaged in treason against your Country.

What's next, you going to tell us how in the Taliban and Isis, there are some really great guys, some really fine people........

Yep.

You really don't know shit about the Civil War do you?

Your pompus, pandering opinions are way off target. Read up on it then get back to us on how THOSE AMERICANS were treated, why the war happened, and the actual outcome and attrocities committed by both sides.

IT was the first real political shitstorm that nearly ruined our nation.

530RL

Reaction score
You really don't know shit about the Civil War do you?

Your pompus, pandering opinions are way off target. Read up on it then get back to us on how THOSE AMERICANS were treated, why the war happened, and the actual outcome and attrocities committed by both sides.

IT was the first real political shitstorm that nearly ruined our nation.

Why don't you explain to me professor how a bunch of states, whom without a constitutional right of secession, band together and take up arms against their Country is not Treason? Could you refer me to that section of the Constitution?

Explain to me how the South was happy to hang John Brown for Treason but not apply the same standards to themselves?

No member of the Republic has a constitutional right to take up arms against it no matter what they think the justification may be. We have a third branch of government to resolve those issues internally. That is why the Founding Fathers worked so hard on our Republic's Constitution.

To the extent one wishes to not follow the Constitution and take up arms, you can win big prizes, your own new country, write a new Constitution and form your own government. But if you lose, the irrefutable fact is that you have engaged in Treason under the Constitution. And everything else is just an excuse for their treasonous actions when they had other viable constitutional alternatives.

500bbc

Reaction score

Yep.

When did I defend the Confederacy pretzel boy?

When are you going to put up the quote you keep lying about? The one where the President says Nazis and white supremacists are really fine people?

He never said it and you know it.

You lie!

Maybe he said..."If I had a son...:lmao

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Why don't you explain to me professor how a bunch of states, whom without a constitutional right of secession, band together and take up arms against their Country is not Treason? Could you refer me to that section of the Constitution?

Explain to me how the South was happy to hang John Brown for Treason but not apply the same standards to themselves?

No member of the Republic has a constitutional right to take up arms against it no matter what they think the justification may be. We have a third branch of government to resolve those issues internally. That is why the Founding Fathers worked so hard on our Republic's Constitution.

To the extent one wishes to not follow the Constitution and take up arms, you can win big prizes, but if you lose, the irrefutable fact is that you have engaged in Treason under the Constitution. And everything else is just an excuse for their treasonous actions when they had other viable constitutional alternatives.

I was mostly referring to your stupid statement comparing the confederacy to the Taliban...and your opinion on how/what makes a traitor.

There are such huge differences between current affairs and an event that took place 157 years ago, for reasons that were viciously abusive and corrosive, that you cannot even compare the two.

The basics are as you said, they lost and are considered "traitors" since they did not win. The rest of your hot air is just that, bullshit.

John Brown was a terrorist. He fucked up because he was not successful. He killed innocent people, and deserved to hang.

You can't possibly be serious as to compare individual acts to wartime offenses? Yes, we should have hung the entire south.....:smackhead

530RL

Reaction score
I was mostly referring to your stupid statement comparing the confederacy to the Taliban...and your opinion on how/what makes a traitor.

There are such huge differences between current affairs and an event that took place 157 years ago, for reasons that were viciously abusive and corrosive, that you cannot even compare the two.

The basics are as you said, they lost and are considered "traitors" since they did not win. The rest of your hot air is just that, bullshit.

John Brown was a terrorist. He fucked up because he was not successful. He killed innocent people, and deserved to hang.

You can't possibly be serious as to compare individual acts to wartime offenses? Yes, we should have hung the entire south.....:smackhead

1) I was not in any way comparing the Taliban to the confederacy. That comparison was in relation to Trump's statements and 500's defense of such statements.
2) I in no way stated that we should have hung the entire south. My statement was that according to the constitution taking up arms against ones own country is treason and not something that I think should be celebrated as by doing so, we encourage it.

500bbc

Reaction score
1) I was not in any way comparing the Taliban to the confederacy. That comparison was in relation to Trump's statements and 500's defense of such statements.
2) I in no way stated that we should have hung the entire south. My statement was that according to the constitution taking up arms against ones own country is treason and not something that I think should be celebrated as by doing so, we encourage it.

Not really, just attacking your lies about his statements,

You lie.

Old Texan

Reaction score

At the root of the Civil War was the belief of a number of southern states that they had the Constitutional right to secede and it was driven by to them unfair economic conditions.

It's not as simple as you claim and a major ongoing debate among historians

JBS

Reaction score
I believe Lincoln is the founder of the modern Republican party. I also recall that the Democrats at the time voted to keep slavery. Based on this are not all Southerners/Confederates slave keeping democrats:D

Seems that republicans should be the last people to defend the Confederates.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Were there good people who fought for the Confederacy? Lol

500bbc

Reaction score
I believe Lincoln is the founder of the modern Republican party. I also recall that the Democrats at the time voted to keep slavery. Based on this are not all Southerners/Confederates slave keeping democrats:D

In the sixties too,

Civil Rights Act:
It passed by an overall vote of 73-27. In the House, 96 Democrats and 34 Republicans voted against the Civil Rights Act, passing with an overall 290-130 vote.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Were there good people who fought for the Confederacy? Lol

Yeah, there were!! I am a direct descendant from them.
Great Uncle X ? Was governor of Missouri at the time of the civil war. He was pro-south in a state that eventually went to the North.
Also, I am a descendant of the Hairston Family. You can read the book or watch the tv special called "Hairstons, a family in black and white". They were one of the largest plantation and slave owners in America. It is amazing to see how, now a blended family has progressed in time.
I also fly a confederate flag at my grandfathers cabin in honor and pride of the South. And that is what it stands for. Pride!

Off topic but curious--- since Confederate Army and Soldiers are now considered public enemy #1 as racist and hateful does anybody else consider the likes of MalcomX and Muhammad Ali in the same regard? Cause they were too. Would it be ok to knock down their statues?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Yeah, there were!! I am a direct descendant from them.
Great Uncle X ? Was governor of Missouri at the time of the civil war. He was pro-south in a state that eventually went to the North.
Also, I am a descendant of the Hairston Family. You can read the book or watch the tv special called "Hairstons, a family in black and white". They were one of the largest plantation and slave owners in America. It is amazing to see how, now a blended family has progressed in time.
I also fly a confederate flag at my grandfathers cabin in honor and pride of the South. And that is what it stands for. Pride!

Off topic but curious--- since Confederate Army and Soldiers are now considered public enemy #1 as racist and hateful does anybody else consider the likes of MalcomX and Muhammad Ali in the same regard? Cause they were too. Would it be ok to knock down their statues?

It's easier to play the victim and be triggered by words and civil war statues.

If I was you I would do like the cool lefties and play the victimization card.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

To the extent one wishes to not follow the Constitution and take up arms, you can win big prizes, your own new country, write a new Constitution and form your own government. But if you lose, the irrefutable fact is that you have engaged in Treason under the Constitution. And everything else is just an excuse for their treasonous actions when they had other viable constitutional alternatives.
Actually. The second ammendment gives them the right.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

530RL

Reaction score

Interestingly the confederate veterans monument in front of the Arizona state capital was placed there in 1961, a whole 100 years after the civil war. Now why would someone place a confederate veterans monument in front of the state capital during this period of time?

Actually. The second ammendment gives them the right.

An interpretation that the second amendment gives any citizen the absolute right to pick up and bear arms against the Army and government of the United States is very Trumpian. :thumbsup:thumbsup

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Interestingly the confederate veterans monument in front of the Arizona state capital was placed there in 1961, a whole 100 years after the civil war. Now why would someone place a confederate veterans monument in front of the state capital during this period of time?

An interpretation that the second amendment gives any citizen the absolute right to pick up and bear arms against the Army and government of the United States is very Trumpian. [emoji106]thumbsup
Exactly what do you think the second ammendment is for? Hunting?

530RL

Reaction score
So, to be "logically consistent"...should we arrest the proponents of Calexit?

What I have learned from the 500 and Spectra is that they can pick up weapons and kill members of the army and the government and such acts are protected by the 2nd amendment?

What a strange strange America we have become in a short 6 months. :eek

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
What I have learned from the 500 and Spectra is that they can pick up weapons and kill members of the army and the government and such acts are protected by the 2nd amendment?

So no answer? Or is it hidden somewhere in that twist?:cool

530RL

Reaction score
So no answer? Or is it hidden somewhere in that twist?:cool

If proponents in Texas and/or California voted to secede from the Republic and took to war against the Republic and our military and/or police absolutely.

But I understand you, 500 and Spectra do not, and think succession and taking up war against the members of our military and police that protect us is totally cool and protected by the 2nd amendment.

Chew on that pretzel.

At the end of the day, this is just totally a sad time for our country.

500bbc

Reaction score

The Spartan 500?

Don't tell lies about me...again.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

You dumbass if your gonna twist it do it right. I can't as I'm a republican. But you liberals can shoot and destroy anything and everything in the name of racism and peace and tolerance.

No an individual can not. But if a state or states see fit. They can order their citizens to fight against the federal government. That is the whole purpose of the second amendment. And if you do not believe it, check snopes. They will say you have to bow down and worship soros for permission to do it.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it. Maybe you will learn something.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
If proponents in Texas and/or California voted to secede from the Republic and took to war against the Republic and our military and/or police absolutely.

But I understand you, 500 and Spectra do not, and think succession and taking up war against the members of our military and police that protect us is totally cool and protected by the 2nd amendment.

Chew on that pretzel.

At the end of the day, this is just totally a sad time for our country.
What a fucking douche. Your not as good a pretzel maker as stainmore so better keep your day yob.

530RL

Reaction score
You dumbass if your gonna twist it do it right. I can't as I'm a republican. But you liberals can shoot and destroy anything and everything in the name of racism and peace and tolerance.

No an individual can not. But if a state or states see fit. They can order their citizens to fight against the federal government. That is the whole purpose of the second amendment. And if you do not believe it, check snopes. They will say you have to bow down and worship soros for permission to do it.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it. Maybe you will learn something.

:eek:eek

Wow, just fucking wow........

The founding fathers provided for Anarchy.

What a fucking douche. Your not as good a pretzel maker as stainmore so better keep your day yob.

LOL

Fortunately, I haven't had a "yob" in over 17 years.........

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
:eek:eek

Wow, just fucking wow........

The founding fathers provided for Anarchy.

LOL

Fortunately, I haven't had a "yob" in over 17 years.........
No. They provided for the states and the citizens to be able to defend themselves from an oppressive government. And that is exactly how the south felt at the time.