WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

You're Free Grads...

jet496

Reaction score
I like him because he's a perfect representation of a Liberal. Totally unreasonable, but doesn't know it.

He is my reminder how brainwashed they are & that there's no sense wasting time arguing with them out in the real world. Here it's kind of fun.

For that reason, I say let him stay.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Dave's latest invention:D:D it stirs itself, just add ingredients

stirmate.gif

I got you pimp

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I spoke to Greg on the phone the night of his banning and we were laughing our asses off. I like Greg and I don't have any problems with him personally. I was more sick about the PM's I was getting complaining about the guy so I banned his ass. :D I'm just glad that I don't have to worry about Grads anymore here on RDP. He's Dave's project now. Please make sure to PM Dave with any complaints about Grads from here on forward. :D

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I spoke to Greg on the phone the night of his banning and we were laughing our asses off. I like Greg and I don't have any problems with him personally. I was more sick about the PM's I was getting complaining about the guy so I banned his ass. :D I'm just glad that I don't have to worry about Grads anymore here on RDP. He's Dave's project now. Please make sure to PM Dave with any complaints about Grads from here on forward. :D
:cool

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave
You seem like a smart business person from what I can tell. For the life of me I can't figure out why you would want that type of representation (Grads) on your site. Obviously there's a reason (that the majority of us can't understand) why you keep letting this douche back here. Maybe someday when I get to know you better you will explain it to me. In the mean time it's your site your rules and the rest of us will obide by them.:thumbsup

It's a funny thing dealing with crowds of people and then often times breaking that crowd into individuals.

Does he post stupid shit on here.. yes! I don't think there is any denying that.. but when you look at some of the things he posts and then look at some of the responses.. there is a dog pile effect for sure. He has over the years, through a cumulative amount of shit, become the whipping post of rdp.

Take a look at this last instance for example. He was banned for changing a quote in one of his posts. C'mon.. how many times have we seen that happen on here? 5-10 times a day I bet with the caption "fixed it." So I guess that's a reason, but if you look at it from a realistic standpoint we aren't applying the rules evenly across the board if we take that stance.. so we break it down even further. What he really doing? Well he posted something and got a couple people spooled up and really really pissed off.. ok so we send him on vacation for being an asshole.. I get it.

Banned permanently though because some people chose (there is a choice here) to click on his threads, and respond to his posts, and then got mad? I dunno.. I kinda fall under the idea that it takes two to Tango. A forum in its essence is a free exchange of ideas and ideals. You don't have to read his posts. You don't have to respond to them either? What does that say about us that we don't have he ability or self control to skip that portion and continue on with our day?

I get it.. Grads is far from innocent, but the reality is he doesn't deserve half the shit he takes on here. His main problem is he is the kinda guy (online anyways) that will step into a situation and make an incendiary comment and watch everyone's blood boil for the sheer sake of attention.

Here's a reality though.. when he starts doing that shit, if I say "hey grads can you just tone it down for awhile please?" He does!!

Compare that to others on here.. they will do something that becomes absolutely disruptive to the flow of things, and I'll ask nicely.. hey man can you just tone that shit down? And it's "fuck you Dave I'll do it more!" And down that rabbit whole ya go..

My view is because Dave is a thoughtful fair person and with that said, I am not a big fan of Grads nor would I suspect he is a big fan of mine.

However, if everyone in the P&G section was held to the same standard that Grads was held to, there would be a dozen or two inmates permanently banned including me.

I get that the deal is Grad's has to stay out of the P&G section. But it is not because he is a worse human being than others down there, it is because he is a different human being that the those of us down there.

If the P&G section was a bar where guns were allowed, there would be a shooting every night and Grads would not be the first one shot. It would make Charlottesville look like the happiest place on earth.

Good for Dave being a fair person.

Stay out of the P&G section Grads, people like your boating content. :thumbsup

I appreciate the faith 530.

Please do.. I haven't had a single complaint or a single phone call about the forum since Desert Storm! I don't think we need to speculate as to why..

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Why did Grads choose the name Grads?

Whatever, if one can't have fun on here Yore doing wrong. :drink

500bbc

Reaction score
My view is because Dave is a thoughtful fair person and with that said, I am not a big fan of Grads nor would I suspect he is a big fan of mine.

However, if everyone in the P&G section was held to the same standard that Grads was held to, there would be a dozen or two inmates permanently banned including me.

I get that the deal is Grad's has to stay out of the P&G section. But it is not because he is a worse human being than others down there, it is because he is a different human being that the those of us down there.

If the P&G section was a bar where guns were allowed, there would be a shooting every night and Grads would not be the first one shot. It would make Charlottesville look like the happiest place on earth.

Good for Dave being a fair person.

Stay out of the P&G section Grads, people like your boating content. :thumbsup

So now you're advocating killing people in the P&G that you disagree with?

500bbc

Reaction score

Good God what manner of snowflake would do that?

Just don't read his posts if you don't like them.;)

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
It's a funny thing dealing with crowds of people and then often times breaking that crowd into individuals.

Does he post stupid shit on here.. yes! I don't think there is any denying that.. but when you look at some of the things he posts and then look at some of the responses.. there is a dog pile effect for sure. He has over the years, through a cumulative amount of shit, become the whipping post of rdp.

Take a look at this last instance for example. He was banned for changing a quote in one of his posts. C'mon.. how many times have we seen that happen on here? 5-10 times a day I bet with the caption "fixed it." So I guess that's a reason, but if you look at it from a realistic standpoint we aren't applying the rules evenly across the board if we take that stance.. so we break it down even further. What he really doing? Well he posted something and got a couple people spooled up and really really pissed off.. ok so we send him on vacation for being an asshole.. I get it.

Banned permanently though because some people chose (there is a choice here) to click on his threads, and respond to his posts, and then got mad? I dunno.. I kinda fall under the idea that it takes two to Tango. A forum in its essence is a free exchange of ideas and ideals. You don't have to read his posts. You don't have to respond to them either? What does that say about us that we don't have he ability or self control to skip that portion and continue on with our day?

I get it.. Grads is far from innocent, but the reality is he doesn't deserve half the shit he takes on here. His main problem is he is the kinda guy (online anyways) that will step into a situation and make an incendiary comment and watch everyone's blood boil for the sheer sake of attention.

Here's a reality though.. when he starts doing that shit, if I say "hey grads can you just tone it down for awhile please?" He does!!

Compare that to others on here.. they will do something that becomes absolutely disruptive to the flow of things, and I'll ask nicely.. hey man can you just tone that shit down? And it's "fuck you Dave I'll do it more!" And down that rabbit whole ya go..

I appreciate the faith 530.

Please do.. I haven't had a single complaint or a single phone call about the forum since Desert Storm! I don't think we need to speculate as to why..

Been saying that for a long time 😉

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score

Sounds like your were forced to read a prepared speech from the RDP higher up!:D:D:D

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
This is where I really miss Carl...I could call him and ask "who the fuck is Grads?"...he would take 15 minutes to tell me all about him...

Then it would be 2FF...then he would take 15 minutes and tell me all about Steve...he was my Mr. Whoopie from Tennessee Tuxedo.

There are a couple other guys on here I won't mention cuz my pussy hurts...but I would love to be able to call Carl and ask...Who the hell is this idiot...he would love to tell me...lol

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score

Please tell me that's a joke and people don't really PM mods to complain about other members rather than just putting them on ignore.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Please tell me that's a joke and people don't really PM mods to complain about other members rather than just putting them on ignore.
Nope. The inmate admitted it in the p & g several times.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

xxxxxaaaactly.

I wish this site's ignore feature was like FB's "fuckin poooof" block function.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I find it amazing how childish some "adults" are. sending a PM or calling someone about another members post. WTF?

It can be pretty frustrating to see your post in "quotes" being manipulated to something you detest or cannot stand.

GRADS was banned for taking it way way way too far. Not simply disagreements or insults, completely changing your intention or personal view.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
It can be pretty frustrating to see your post in "quotes" being manipulated to something you detest or cannot stand.

GRADS was banned for taking it way way way too far. Not simply disagreements or insults, completely changing your intention or personal view.

Hmm...
I seem to recall another time now that you mention it. ;)

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score

People really send you PMs? That is insane...if you don't like someone, don't open a thread started by that person or, block them. Welcome to adulthood.

I rarely open a post started by him unless it's boating related...his are some of the best on this board. P & G I won't open or respond to 99.9% of what he writes. That being said there are a lot of people that still the post for stirrings sake. Not something I do or agree with but that's what makes the world go around. Have I met him? Nope. Would I let him buy me a beer? Yup.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
If any of you guys actually hung out with the guy, IN PERSON, you would realize in 5 minutes that his internet persona is nothing like who he is in real life.

Im the same dooood in person as I am here, if peeps don't like me here, they aren't going to like me in "real life", and I am good with that.

Brian

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Multiple personalities, we get it.

Not really that.. For some there is a large separation between a computer and personal interaction. For others there isn't.

That kind of falls under all sorts of categories from those that are internet tough guys, to those that just say things they wouldn't if there wife was present, etc.. They fall under a blanket term called "Keyboard Cowboys" and others..

If you read most of this posts they aren't really that bad.. but they leave a lot open to interpretation. Then there's the other smaller percentage of posts that are basically throwing a match and pouring gasoline on it. Just dumb fucking shit.. Like that HTM thread. If the girls were all here in my garage and everyone was having a beer and stoked on them getting their molds back, it's highly unlikely Greg standing there would say "Dangerous boats.. sorry someone had to say it" He'd just shut the fuck up and drink his beer. But for some reason on here he will say it and make no apologies for it.

Some shit just doesn't need to be said, especially on a public forum.. People can think it, or crack jokes with their buddies.. but why yell it with a mircrophone into a crowd type shit.

To 530's point though, he is entitled to an opinion.. and what "should" be said on an internet forum I suppose is an ever swinging pendulum depending on the timing of things and circumstances. For example if you just went out in that boat, and crashed it.. You'd probably be ok to say something like that. But why poo poo on their celebration?

In short it isn't really what's said most the time, it's how and when it's said.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Im the same dooood in person as I am here, if peeps don't like me here, they aren't going to like me in "real life", and I am good with that.

Brian

That's not true.. I find you and your family extremely pleasant in person, but some of your posts on here make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.. LOL You posted one this morning that I was literally thinking "WTF?" but due to you getting pissed at me for correcting you on the machining shit I figured I'd just let it go cause shit is awkward enough already.

RD

JD D05

Reaction score
That's not true.. I find you and your family extremely pleasant in person, but some of your posts on here make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.. LOL You posted one this morning that I was literally thinking "WTF?" but due to you getting pissed at me for correcting you on the machining shit I figured I'd just let it go cause shit is awkward enough already.

RD

Nobody here has ever met me in person...I wonder which way that will go.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

With shit like this it almost invariably goes "Dick head online / Nice in person" or "Same / Same"

Never heard of a "Nice online / Dick head in person" yet... not to say it couldn't happen? :D

RD

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

It will go the same way it has for me when I started meeting a few members...ultimately they are cool as shit, like yourself, and there is instant comradery! :thumbsup:D

Honestly I look forward to meeting RDP peeps, so far it's been 100% like old friends.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

RD

I promised myself to not engage with you further, only because you quoted me directly, I will address it.

You interpret me incorrectly, often. There are usually multiple ways to interpret statements made, especially when the communication doesn't involve tone, sir, and you seem to find the worst way to interpret what I say often.

Brian

Letsride22

Reaction score
This is where I really miss Carl...I could call him and ask "who the fuck is Grads?"...he would take 15 minutes to tell me all about him...

Then it would be 2FF...then he would take 15 minutes and tell me all about Steve...he was my Mr. Whoopie from Tennessee Tuxedo.

There are a couple other guys on here I won't mention cuz my pussy hurts...but I would love to be able to call Carl and ask...Who the hell is this idiot...he would love to tell me...lol

What exactly does the reference to your pussy pain mean here?

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
With shit like this it almost invariably goes "Dick head online / Nice in person" or "Same / Same"

Never heard of a "Nice online / Dick head in person" yet... not to say it couldn't happen? :D

RD

The view from the cheap seats in the diaspora on Greg, is that he does have some bad manners in his online persona.

He says things specifically because they will go off like a bomb. It is not usually the content of his comment, but the incendiary manner in which is it presented. He's a very intelligent guy, it is plainly obvious he is well educated (ivy league or equivalent), and has a great many experiences that most of us will never have.

For myself, I stay out of the P&G section here. I come here to get away from politics and talk about boats and other things.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The view from the cheap seats in the diaspora on Greg, is that he does have some bad manners in his online persona.

He says things specifically because they will go off like a bomb. It is not usually the content of his comment, but the incendiary manner in which is it presented. He's a very intelligent guy, it is plainly obvious he is well educated (ivy league or equivalent), and has a great many experiences that most of us will never have.

For myself, I stay out of the P&G section here. I come here to get away from politics and talk about boats and other things.

What are you a FBI profiler? Lol

Step into my office.. there's nothing Ivy League about Greg. Lol.