WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

"THE WHO" What an amazing concert in Tahoe

PaPaG

Reaction score
What a great concert . I have liked The Who since I was a kid but never made the effort to go see them in concert but I got the chance to go see them tonight. Great dinner, seats in the skybox again, amazing view, amazing music...for two guys that are 72 and 73 I am amazed they went 2 hours without a hitch and with all out energy...This was their last concert in America this year. If you get a chance to see them I suggest you do....it is well worth it...

Tahoe concert series, what a big surprise that is for sure.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Thats awesome! :thumbsup

I went to The Who farewell San Diego concert when I was in college in '82 and slept in my car during class the next day to recover LOL

Boatfloating

100% Pimp 50% Of The Time
Reaction score
I love they did a farewell concert in 1982 and still tour in 2017?

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I love they did a farewell concert in 1982 and still tour in 2017?

From Wiki...

After Townshend became weary of touring, the group split in 1982. The Who occasionally re-formed for live appearances such as Live Aid in 1985, a 25th anniversary tour in 1989 and a tour of Quadrophenia in 1996?1997. They resumed regular touring in 1999, with drummer Zak Starkey. After Entwistle's death in 2002, plans for a new album were delayed. Townshend and Daltrey continued as the Who, releasing Endless Wire in 2006, and continued to play live regularly.

E4L

Reaction score
Grads was there should have met up with him.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Saw them in Jun of 1980 at the Sports Arena, awesome show back then.

la-et-la-sports-arena-shows-20160316-036.jpg

PaPaG

Reaction score
Grads was there should have met up with him.

lol, that is the member that said he was going to be at the hotel watching...I did not remember who it was. Here is a pic I took before going to our skybox of the rooms he was supposed to be in with a view...

Attachments

• Harveys.jpg
    Harveys.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 24

PaPaG

Reaction score
From Wiki...

After Townshend became weary of touring, the group split in 1982. The Who occasionally re-formed for live appearances such as Live Aid in 1985, a 25th anniversary tour in 1989 and a tour of Quadrophenia in 1996?1997. They resumed regular touring in 1999, with drummer Zak Starkey. After Entwistle's death in 2002, plans for a new album were delayed. Townshend and Daltrey continued as the Who, releasing Endless Wire in 2006, and continued to play live regularly.

Cool run down, they were awesome then and are awesome now...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Saw em at Angels Stadium back in the last 70's I'd guess. Even to this day, that was the most high energy concert I've Ever seen.

Have Foreigner, Cheap Trick and Nickleback still left to see this summer.

The old bands that are Still playing are still playing for a reason, they still know how to kick azz! :tbi

PaPaG

Reaction score
Great show! Not sure if you saw my thread. Going to try to post more videos tonight.

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/foru...-The-Who-warm-up-from-my-balcony-(Lake-Tahoe)

Wish i would of known, we could have met up!

By the way this is us....

View attachment 581310

Very cool, I was not positive we were going to stay for the concert but then decided WHAT AM I THINKING....and added a few more days to the trip and SO GLAD WE DID, we do Tahoe a lot we can grab a beer or some eats next time.....I was wondering which group you guys were in, now I know. GREAT CONCERT FOR SURE SO GLAD WE STAYED.

E4L

Reaction score
Who's going to Eric Church in a few weeks??

shueman

Reaction score
I like how GRADS avoids paying for tickets ... talk about nose-bleed seats !!

PaPaG

Reaction score
Who's going to Eric Church in a few weeks??

I have no clue who Eric Church is but it is the last show in the Tahoe Concert Series but we are still going back up...just got back tonight. If I can get 2 extra VIP tickets to the Dinner and the SkyBoxes Rob I will give you a call and get you +1 into the dinner and the show with us. All the food and drinks you want COMP...even though between my wife and I we had 2 drinks but the people behind us had roughly 30 between 4 people and were double fisting it...like they never had a free drink in their live or they were 21 lol...

E4L

Reaction score
I have no clue who Eric Church is but it is the last show in the Tahoe Concert Series but we are still going back up...just got back tonight. If I can get 2 extra VIP tickets to the Dinner and the SkyBoxes Rob I will give you a call and get you +1 into the dinner and the show with us. All the food and drinks you want COMP...even though between my wife and I we had 2 drinks but the people behind us had roughly 30 between 4 people and were double fisting it...like they never had a free drink in their live or they were 21 lol...

Awesome Greg thanks.

E4L

Reaction score

He sings country/ rock music. He's pretty good one of my wife's favorites. We have seen him already once this year in Sacramento but I had a little to much fun and so I promised her we would go again [emoji23]. Thanks Greg