WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Leaky trim ram

fishing fool

Reaction score
I just notice that one of my rams is starting to leak. Is there a rebuild kit or a place in Havasu to repair?
Thanks Mike.

I will make some calls next week

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I just notice that one of my rams is starting to leak. Is there a rebuild kit or a place in Havasu to repair?
Thanks Mike.

I will make some calls next week

It's probably just the O ring. Some guys on here have done their own. Robbie Willis did mine, seems like the parts were less than $ 50.00 and about an hour or one and a half, don't really remember. All the shops in town are capable of the job, Robbie is at Nordic now and has always done all my work.:thumbup:

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I think I got both mine rebuilt for around $200 at Prestige with new zincs.

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
I tracked down the rebuild kits but ran out of time... So I took a turkey baster and sucked the reservoir dry and filled it with Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak and cycled it up and down about ten times, worked like a champ. I'll rebuild 'em this winter. It's been about a week and a half now, still good. YMMV

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
I bought one kit on Amazon for 16-17 bucks and one at West Marine for twenty. Didn't know you had to buy two...

fishing fool

Reaction score
Do you have the merc part number??

That's a good idea about the Lucas power steering fluid.

77charger

Reaction score
I tracked down the rebuild kits but ran out of time... So I took a turkey baster and sucked the reservoir dry and filled it with Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak and cycled it up and down about ten times, worked like a champ. I'll rebuild 'em this winter. It's been about a week and a half now, still good. YMMV

I thought 30 weight oil was what they are to be filled with?I have a small leaker too my cousin di as well he bought new seals said it was an easy fix.

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Mercury sells power steering/trim pump fluid. I have no idea what it is though...