WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fiberglass or Aluminum

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Looking at travel trailers. Found two, same models(Jayco), one has fiberglass exterior siding the other is aluminum. Fg is about $2500 more. Any thoughts?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Looking at travel trailers. Found two, same models(Jayco), one has fiberglass exterior siding the other is aluminum. Fg is about $2500 more. Any thoughts?
The fiberglass is heavier and also takes a little more maintenance I believe (excluding the graphics). However they are easier to clean, wash, was, etc.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Thanks, my previous trailers were all aluminum.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
The fiberglass are usually better insulated, if that matters for your use.

X Hoser

Reaction score
When we bought ours the fiberglass sided ones had aluminum framing. Metal corrugated sides had wood framing. Not sure how standard this is though throughout the industry.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
When we bought ours the fiberglass sided ones had aluminum framing. Metal corrugated sides had wood framing. Not sure how standard this is though throughout the industry.

This

Quicksilver

Reaction score
Having owned several RV's over the years I like the way Airstreams are built. The problem with them is space. The fiberglass trailers I have had degrade over time. The fiberglass delaminates and the finish chalks. The aluminum trailers don't seem to be insulated as well as fiberglass units and they dent easily. They seem to have leak issues more often as well.