WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hello to the church pardon the naive questions...

"NOEXCUSES"

Reaction score
22 daytona twin 225 3.0 offshores 25 mids 23 lazers(training wheels)

So first off this boat financially wouldnt have been attainable had it not been for every star possible lining up in perfect order. TWICE! Second, doing all this while out of work, yeah yeah. not the best time but we dont always get to choose when we battle.

Premix vs oil injection. Is mixing really that big of a deal? Should I block off the oil injection or is there a way around dropping $600 for oil tanks? Seems like the bigger hp guys mix anyways so?

The motors are carbed 1994s what kind of platform are they to build upon? I guess what im getting at is should i run them for a couple seasons to use my boat and sell them or are these like the big block chevy of the outboard world? Im not the dude that has to have the newest thing but I have always had respectable running pieces. I was really close to buying those badass rudes keith has for sale but, I am unemployed lol.

I dont have adj jack plates so I mounted them as high as possible. The water pickups on the lower unit are just below the bottom with prop centerline being about 2" below the hull and theyre spinning out. Steerings on the way its hydraulic.

So I guess in a sense im asking for knowledge to put my boat on the water and get used to it with as little cost as possible. I want to get used to it before I decide to try and make a 30 mph leap. Im guessing should be around 80 and a hard leave, with current parts. Hell i dont know im still looking for the diverter lol.

So any proven advice at all would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
A 3.0 in '94? I think those should be 2.5's. Hell, I think the current 225's are still 2.5's. Also, 25" mids.... You sure? Post some pictures of it and I'm sure more clarification will come.

"NOEXCUSES"

Reaction score
A 3.0 in '94? I think those should be 2.5's. Hell, I think the current 225's are still 2.5's. Also, 25" mids.... You sure? Post some pictures of it and I'm sure more clarification will come.

Thanks for your response, I think they are as stated. You have any suggestions on a cheap oil holder thats strong enough to handle 2-8 psi?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
[QUOTE="NOEXCUSES";2755227]Thanks for your response, I think they are as stated. You have any suggestions on a cheap oil holder thats strong enough to handle 2-8 psi?[/QUOTE]I'm about 90% certain they are not 3.0 motors. Or, they are not 225's. And a 22 Eliminator should never habe been set-up with 25" shaft motors. It would bury the prop shafts so low that they wouldn't be able to be properly set-up without a monster jackplate or bracket with a very high lift offset.

Oil holder? Are you referring to the oil reservoir inside the boat? The reservoir on the engines? Or something else entirely?

Morehart

Reaction score
I'm about 90% certain they are not 3.0 motors. Or, they are not 225's. And a 22 Eliminator should never habe been set-up with 25" shaft motors. It would bury the prop shafts so low that they wouldn't be able to be properly set-up without a monster jackplate or bracket with a very high lift offset
Oil holder? Are you referring to the oil reservoir inside the boat? The reservoir on the engines? Or something else entirely?

3.0 came with different hp as did the 2.5s,agreed the 25" shaft is long and running it up on a plate or jack is gonna stress your jack rams or your transom,as far as the oil tank goes ...mix your fuel, block it off,....

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
3.0 came with different hp as did the 2.5s,agreed the 25" shaft is long and running it up on a plate or jack is gonna stress your jack rams or your transom,as far as the oil tank goes ...mix your fuel, block it off,....
I know they did. But in '94 I believe it was only the higher hp motors that were 3.0's

"NOEXCUSES"

Reaction score

I understand that its not perfection. It does seem to translate over to a sport/ski set up. Considering that if i raised them anymore Id have to run a low water up pick leads me to believe that im not reinventing the wheel here. My thoughts are why spend 3gs to go 20 " than atleast another g on props that i may replace. Thats 4 grand that combined with selling my motors in couple seasons would pay for half a repower. Ive scene some 21's that have motors raised that would probably benefit from a 15". Now if these motors are a platform that are buildable than ill do the mids. Just doesnt seem to much out there for a carbd 3.0 liter. Please point me in the right direction should I be wrong.

How much stress we talking here?