WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fresh new gel and pacalon

Nailhead

Reaction score
This is all new gel and fresh Pacalon that was laid on our 1977 24' Campbell. It's now getting close to being finished but we keep coming up with ideas to make it different. I'll try to get the pics up in order but you'll get the idea.

IMG_5335.jpg
IMG_5331.jpg
IMG_5354.JPG
IMG_5356.JPG
IMG_5376.jpg
IMG_5375.jpg
IMG_5393.jpg

Nailhead

Reaction score
The gel coater had a roll hiding at his and I really don't have an idea of what the cost would be for just the outside or with pacalon. That would be something to discuss with the gel coater and He doesn't have any pacalon left and we finish the dash and the passenger table.
Poncho has a space in Castaic, doesn't advertise but does do Teague's and Howard's touch up work. He has 2 Schiadas that are being done now plus a couple waiting.

Nailhead

Reaction score
Beautiful work right there. Nice job bringing back a classic.

Thanks! Trying to keep it as original as possible but with some slight custom work that we would think Campbell would've done today.

Nailhead

Reaction score
Horrible glare in this pic but the dash is also done in Pacalon.
IMG_9107.jpg

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
The gel coater had a roll hiding at his and I really don't have an idea of what the cost would be for just the outside or with pacalon. That would be something to discuss with the gel coater and He doesn't have any pacalon left and we finish the dash and the passenger table.
Poncho has a space in Castaic, doesn't advertise but does do Teague's and Howard's touch up work. He has 2 Schiadas that are being done now plus a couple waiting.
Thanks.

Nailhead

Reaction score
Looks great.:thumbsup

Obviously the guy know what the F he's doing.:thumbsup:thumbsup

We have been real happy on the out come. At first he was going to restore the original pacalon but it was dry and had lots of air pockets. Hard to believe he had a roll of the stuff. The transom is the only original pacalon left on the boat since it was perfect. The color matching is all spot on. Here's a before pic of the wood grain.
IMG_3764.jpg

Nailhead

Reaction score
IMG_9023.jpg
IMG_9021.jpg
IMG_9022.jpg
IMG_9060.jpg
IMG_9061.jpg
It had a Stainless steel keel guard that the original owner made we decided to take off. We were going to polish it and still may later down the road but for now the holes are filled and the bottom is all gelled, sanded and polished.

Groper

Reaction score
Absolutely Beautiful :thumbsup
It sure brings back memories :)

Attachments

• IMG_3764.jpg
    IMG_3764.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 294

dennisnyc40

Reaction score
Nailhead that is coming out amazing. I noticed you have the old school torpedo cleats if you are in need of anymore let me know I have 6 of those in great condition that I bought but never used them. They are the small ones about 4 inches long. Also I would like to know if those are the original flip top fuel caps. I have those exact same ones on my boat but I would like to replace the rubber seal inside the flip cap mine are 40 years old and getting a little brittle. If you know where I can can get the parts or new caps please let me know. Thanks very much.

Nailhead

Reaction score
Nailhead that is coming out amazing. I noticed you have the old school torpedo cleats if you are in need of anymore let me know I have 6 of those in great condition that I bought but never used them. They are the small ones about 4 inches long. Also I would like to know if those are the original flip top fuel caps. I have those exact same ones on my boat but I would like to replace the rubber seal inside the flip cap mine are 40 years old and getting a little brittle. If you know where I can can get the parts or new caps please let me know. Thanks very much.

Our cleats were good just needed to be rechromed and the caps are original and also rechromed. The rubber gasket and spring has been replaced. I'll get some info in the next few days if I can find were we got that stuff.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Awesome job saving a classic. Owning one of these is on my bucket list.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
it looks great! but id hate to be that guy using an office chair sanding the underside of the boat. lol.