WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Guy

BONER

Reaction score
Hey Kids. Never owned a boat before, looks like a riot and good way to find some trouble. In the research phase now, which led me to this fine establishment.

Cheers. :drink

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Great. So first thing you need to do is buy a Jet Boat that goes 100 mph. Once that's done trade up for a 300K deck boat with all the bells and whistles, and make sure they throw in at least one pair of black socks with the deal. Use that for at least two days on the water. Once that's out of your system, go buy a Tritoon with twins on the back and call it a day.:thumbsup

Welcome to the board.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Welcome to RDP. Good luck on your search for a boat.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Welcome, what kind of boat are you looking to purchase?

milkmoney

Reaction score
Welcome to the circus. [emoji202] [emoji6]

kiethco

Reaction score
They're like drugs, just don't start. You'll spend all your time looking for the next one, your spare change on internet farkle shopping, start buying your wife/girlfriend sexy swimwear and hats, $300.00 coolers, find yourself making midnight runs to the lake 'cause you can't sleep........then the second week of ownership starts!:eek
Have fun!
Oh, and, whoever said the 2 happiest days of boat ownership are the day you buy and the day you sell shouldn't have had a boat in the first place. Family boating memories are the most treasured and vivid around our house.

BONER

Reaction score
Welcome, what kind of boat are you looking to purchase?

Not sure yet Buddy. Don't have much of a criteria. Only must haves is a big block and room for the wife and kiddo. I like the idea of a jet but top speed seems to be lacking unless alot of money is sunk into the jet??

Like I said, still learning and researching. No stranger to hot rods, have built and owned a couple 1khp street cars.

Denco HTM

Reaction score
Yea it takes some coin and knowledge to get a jet boat up over 80, for the most part anyway. Always the exception to that but most older jet boats need money and at least 800hp to get them moving! But cool boats for rough water and fairly simple design. IMHO The Daytona or the like is one of the best Jets ever made and the best I've ever owned.. Not to knock v bottoms, many I've owned were great boats that moved along darn decent... One must do his homework tho, because some of the Copy tunnel pickle fork boats are way better than others, and a few are not worth investing in..... Enjoy the hunt!

BONER

Reaction score
Prop boat would probably be my first choice since overall top speed is a big concern.

I like the jets because I'll probably have kids crawling in and out and let's face it, those giant rooster tails are a gas.

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Buy an outboard. The Church has spoken.

More room in the boat when the engine is on the back...

You get a warrantee ! Free parts!

more resale

better mileage

quieter

tops out faster/ sustained speed

chicks dig outboards...

Attachments

• 7F2CF0E9-E52B-4A52-9D5E-7D3AB6687093.jpg
    7F2CF0E9-E52B-4A52-9D5E-7D3AB6687093.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4564.jpg
    IMG_4564.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_4758.jpg
    IMG_4758.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 121

"NOEXCUSES"

Reaction score
ok i went to the darkside, twin outboards. ob's will never duplicate blower surge ever. not going to happen. hell im a dude and blower surge makes me think about staying straight lol. but you cant say "chicks dig outboards" then post two dudes riding back to back! LMAO Hey im just saying lol...

BONER

Reaction score
Completely understand the outboard approach. My only issue is, there's nothing that sounds like a Big Block Chevrolet with a huge stick in the middle of it. Spank Bank material.

Holymoses

Reaction score
Completely understand the outboard approach. My only issue is, there's nothing that sounds like a Big Block Chevrolet with a huge stick in the middle of it. Spank Bank material.

Welcome to RDP!!! Much like you years back I started my search for my first boat. One thing I realized real quick was how many boat owners kept moving up in size. Don't let anyone tell you size don't matter😜 So after months of research ended up with this one:) 36' Outlaw Twin HP500s!

Attachments

• IMG_6498.JPG
    IMG_6498.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 228

"NOEXCUSES"

Reaction score
ok seriously,
1. your probably not going to know what you want until your out using it.
2. buy your first boat knowing your going to sell it.
3. find one that you can put work into in a sense flipping it, if you've the skill set OR
4. find one depreciated and take care of it. re-sale will be easy, essentially a free boat.

I'd suggest 5k-10k or so as your resale market is huge at that price point. people like yourself, people want to buy one for there kids, cheap toy to leave at the river(<--not me thats baller, lol), your brother in law:) etc.
Good luck, have fun, and keep the beer cold.:drink

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Hey Kids. Never owned a boat before, looks like a riot and good way to find some trouble. In the research phase now, which led me to this fine establishment.

Cheers. :drink

- we are "Kids" now !!!! thanks

fishing fool

Reaction score
First of all welcome new inmate.
Before all the other inmates spend hours and hours looking for your first boat they need to know a little more info.
Have you ever driven a boat before?
Where would you most likely be boating?
How many friends do you have (this matters because they will all want to go with you)?
Do you have a proper tow rig?????

Kenmot

Reaction score
Hi, I am a newbie too :)
Found a lot of useful information on boats here, thanks! Joined to get even more and take part in discussions:) Cheers!

milkmoney

Reaction score
Hi, I am a newbie too :)
Found a lot of useful information on boats here, thanks! Joined to get even more and take part in discussions:) Cheers!
Start ur thread Kenny [emoji202] [emoji4]

BONER

Reaction score
First of all welcome new inmate.
Before all the other inmates spend hours and hours looking for your first boat they need to know a little more info.
Have you ever driven a boat before?
Where would you most likely be boating?
How many friends do you have (this matters because they will all want to go with you)?
Do you have a proper tow rig?????

I've driven a boat before.

I'll be boating at Lake Pleasant, Canyon Lake, Roosevelt, Havasu, Parker, and maybe Powell and Mead.

Fuck my friends. MY BOAT. :)

Yes I have a tow rig.