WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

04 225 Mercury EFI question

sloboat76

Reaction score
Hey guys do you know if you have to pull the powerhead to change the Mid case on this outboard or can you simply pull lower and drop mid housing and install new one? Is it fairly straightforward or is it very involved? Mine is cracked on the front of the plate right above where the lower meets mid.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The powerhead is bolted to the mid, so it's coming off first before you can swap mids

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Thanks I was afraid of that. lol
It's actually very easy to do. An engine hoist makes it very simple. Specially if you habe the lifting eye that threads into the flywheel. If not, the power head is really light, I lifted my 2.4 off with ratchet straps. Lol!

sloboat76

Reaction score
It's actually very easy to do. An engine hoist makes it very simple. Specially if you habe the lifting eye that threads into the flywheel. If not, the power head is really light, I lifted my 2.4 off with ratchet straps. Lol!

I do have the lifting eye. I bought a manual to help if I hit a block. Everyone I have talked to wanted an arm and a leg($750-1250) to remove and replace with another that I already have. That may be the right price I just thought I could do it as I am fairly mechanical as in if a hammer wont fix it then it must be electrical. lol