WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My 10yo little girl is sick.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
The last update on her blood work, her WBC is at 7500, so no infection as of now, the antibiotics are doing their job. The doctor said this morning that they are going to try to schedule her to get her PICC line in on Tuesday, if that happens she might be able to come home on Wednesday, as long as her blood work still looks good.

Good news bud.

I can not imagine.

JD D05

Reaction score
Reading this sort of hits home for me I have 2 daughters in cheer etc... I really really hope she comes out ok man, this is hard to read let alone go through it.

Undersoul02

Reaction score
Glad to read that she's doing better. Praying continued healing for your little girl and peace for the rest of your family.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Having a chronically sick kid myself, I understand the fear. Thank god u made the right decisions with this.

I sure hope she recovers completely!!!

:thumbsup:thumbsup

MrMayhem

Reaction score
How heartbreaking. Sounds like you did the right things and she is on the road to recovery. Good job dad.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers for your little girl and glad to know she has improved. Children suffering from illness or injury really affects me more then anything and when it is your own child it is devastating. I am pray that she makes a full recovery and goes on to continue her happy childhood. Good luck to you and your family.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
There is nothing... absolutely nothing, stronger than a 10 yr. old athlete! She will be doing flips before you know it.!
Sleep well buddy

Jim

Singleton

Reaction score
Glad to hear she is healing as needed.
Hardest thing as a parent is to see your kid in a hospital and know you can't fix it. Step-son was in for 2 weeks when he wreaked his quad. Ever stressful situation

4Waters

Reaction score
So today is going good her left leg and hip are a little sore the hospital is going to do an ultrasound to make sure that an infection isn't starting on the other side but they aren't to worried because she is still on antibiotics, the CDC is now involved (if I haven't mentioned it earlier) and my wife has lost count of how many doctors are now working on her she thinks it's 19 or 20 now. Hopefully we can bust her out soon, we are working on a plan just waiting for Hannibal Smith and the rest of the A Team, LOL. Here is a picture of my little girl and I today.

Attachments

• 6992.jpg
    6992.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 77

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
So today is going good her left leg and hip are a little sore the hospital is going to do an ultrasound to make sure that an infection isn't starting on the other side but they aren't to worried because she is still on antibiotics, the CDC is now involved (if I haven't mentioned it earlier) and my wife has lost count of how many doctors are now working on her she thinks it's 19 or 20 now. Hopefully we can bust her out soon, we are working on a plan just waiting for Hannibal Smith and the rest of the A Team, LOL. Here is a picture of my little girl and I today.

Prayers for your little girl, you, and your whole family.

I could not imagine sir.

Brian

Scott E

Reaction score

Glad to hear that things are progressing in the right direction.

SCV2RVR

Reaction score
:thumbup: You are in excellent hands. I worked there from 1998 to 2005 and would trust that place with anyone I loved.

RodnJen

Reaction score

Great news! Our thoughts are with you and your beautiful family!

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Prayers for a speedy recovery and hospital discharge!

That's a scary story. Glad your daughter is improving.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Seeing her standing with a big smile indicates she's getting well and back to normal.:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

No more helpless feeling than having your child in pain. Great job Dad in getting her to the right folks to make things better.:p:)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

The CDC is involved? Is it some kind of rare virus or something?

Glad to hear she is doing better!

4Waters

Reaction score
The CDC is involved? Is it some kind of rare virus or something?

Glad to hear she is doing better!

They don't know what it was virus, bacteria or fungus , because she had a dose of antibiotics before they did the needle aspiration (probably saved her life) they can't get anything to grow with the cultures, so I believe the CDC is helping with trying to get even a little growth, but I think they are just mostly collecting info in case they start to see an outbreak of something aggressive like this in the area they might be able to figure out where it came from.

Up date:
I work till midnight so that's why I didn't post last night.
She is fairly depressed and homesick so just before I left the hospital yesterday to go to work I told her that she can't leave until she gets to a certain point in her physical therapy, so if she's tired of being there she needs to get good and pissed off push through the pain and do what they're asking her to do. Well I got a text message last night about 5 with a picture of her I guess she's good and pissed off she's ready to come home she's pushing hard through the pain of physical therapy she had her leg raised on her own no help like Physical Therapy trying to get her to do. This it the left leg which was overworked and found with a little fluid in the joint yesterday (apparently it was there on Thursday as well) they are not worried about that fluid because she has, is and will be on antibiotics for a while. Hoping to bring her home in the next couple of days. Well when I left yesterday she lost it she didn't want daddy to leave hard to walk away from a crying daughter, I was able to keep myself together until I got out of the room and then I lost it, but the picture brought a smile to my face, and hopefully yours.

Attachments

• 6999.jpg
    6999.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 72

milkmoney

Reaction score
That is great news. The smile on her face says it all. I say she is on her way home. [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji202]

Thank you for sharing and keeping us updated

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Up date:
I work till midnight so that's why I didn't post last night.
She is fairly depressed and homesick so just before I left the hospital yesterday to go to work I told her that she can't leave until she gets to a certain point in her physical therapy, so if she's tired of being there she needs to get good and pissed off push through the pain and do what they're asking her to do. Well I got a text message last night about 5 with a picture of her I guess she's good and pissed off she's ready to come home she's pushing hard through the pain of physical therapy she had her leg raised on her own no help like Physical Therapy trying to get her to do. This it the left leg which was overworked and found with a little fluid in the joint yesterday (apparently it was there on Thursday as well) they are not worried about that fluid because she has, is and will be on antibiotics for a while. Hoping to bring her home in the next couple of days. Well when I left yesterday she lost it she didn't want daddy to leave hard to walk away from a crying daughter, I was able to keep myself together until I got out of the room and then I lost it, but the picture brought a smile to my face, and hopefully yours.

Yes sir.

I can not imagine.

You guys have been in our prayers.

Keep your head up. You have to be the rock.

Brian

Andy01

Reaction score
WOW, that is tough to read. I have a two little girls and they are the world to me. I could not imagine something happening to one of them, I wish your daughter a speedy recovery and the best for you guys in your mental recovery. I'm sure the emotions you went through will tax you for weeks if not months.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Wow, it's scary they can't ID the cause and specific infection or how it got in her body.....

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Glad to read that she is out and going to be ok 4Waters!

As far as the infection goes, I will share a story about my niece.

Similar deal, got an infection, she actually had it in her brain sac, it was affecting her heart. She spent 9 weeks at UCLA with 15 of the best minds in the nation consulting and or operating.

They treated the weird, convoluted path that it took and how her body responded, but in the end after the infection ran it's course, they never did find out the source.

That was 9 years ago when she was 8, she is now 17, healthy and happy.

4Waters

Reaction score
Great news... Tell her she has a bunch of uncles...that she has never met...that were all pulling for her.

And some aunties also. We are still waiting for the paperwork. I'm not surprised they say 3:00 it's more like 6:00, oh well as long as I bring both my girls home.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I can relate. Couple of years ago upon waking up after 8hrs of back surgery, and full of feel good meds, I awoke to my wife at the foot of my hospital bed. She swears the first words out of my mouth were, "Honey could you please go get me a double-double". And she did! In-N-Out can be wonder meds, at times. Love the shot of your daughter being discharged. Good stuff.

4Waters

Reaction score
Her brother sure did miss her.

Thank you RDP we appreciate all of the support you have given my family in this very hard time, but we got through it and we are now a stronger family. Right now I feel like the luckiest man on earth.

Attachments

• 7060.jpg
    7060.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 57

4Waters

Reaction score
Update, took my daughter to her '"hopefully" final two appointments yesterday, one at infectious disease and the other one at pediatric Orthopedics at county-USC. They have officially given her a clean bill of health 100% recovery and full release to resume normal kid activities, we are very happy with USC and how they handled the situation they are the best, we are forever grateful for everything that they did. And yes no more appointments.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Update, took my daughter to her '"hopefully" final two appointments yesterday, one at infectious disease and the other one at pediatric Orthopedics at county-USC. They have officially given her a clean bill of health 100% recovery and full release to resume normal kid activities, we are very happy with USC and how they handled the situation they are the best, we are forever grateful for everything that they did. And yes no more appointments.

Awesome!!!!!!

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Awesomeness... thoughts and prayers for continued health and happiness

milkmoney

Reaction score
That is jus great to read. Very happy for ur little girl [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji202]

4Waters

Reaction score
So today is my birthday and it also marks the 1 year anniversary of my little girl getting sick. She is still doing awesome no problems and we will never find out how and where she got sick, she is back to wakeboarding and trying to learn how to single ski, doing cheerleading again this year cheering for her brothers football team and just being a kid. My wife and I are so grateful that we can put our arms around her every day and my birthday hug from her today felt extra special.

I would just like to thank all of you inmates again for the thoughts and prayers and support you gave me and my family 1 year ago, thank you all.

Xring01

Reaction score
The last update on her blood work, her WBC is at 7500, so no infection as of now, the antibiotics are doing their job. The doctor said this morning that they are going to try to schedule her to get her PICC line in on Tuesday, if that happens she might be able to come home on Wednesday, as long as her blood work still looks good.

Thats great news.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
So today is my birthday and it also marks the 1 year anniversary of my little girl getting sick. She is still doing awesome no problems and we will never find out how and where she got sick, she is back to wakeboarding and trying to learn how to single ski, doing cheerleading again this year cheering for her brothers football team and just being a kid. My wife and I are so grateful that we can put our arms around her every day and my birthday hug from her today felt extra special.

I would just like to thank all of you inmates again for the thoughts and prayers and support you gave me and my family 1 year ago, thank you all.
Happy Birthday brother! So happy to hear she is doing well. God is good!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

lbhsbz

Reaction score
There’s nothing worse than seeing your kid in bad shape....and nothing you can do to make it better.

Hope it’s all behind you now.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Happy Birthday brother!

Awesome to hear that your daughter is fully recovered and whole again!

Enjoy your day and your family, there is nothing more important. :)

MOUZER

Reaction score
what a special b-day...........glad to hear she is doing great............

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

First Happy Birthday!! And no better B-Day Present then this being behind you guys..

Did they ever figure out what it was?

RD