WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

UTV. Which One?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Kind of throwing around the idea of getting a side by side or UTV; whatever they call them now. I know very little about these things as the last time we considered one the Yamaha Rhino was the hot thing (circa 2006 or so). Sporty for sure; meaning one that has a good aftermarket following, decently fast, reliable and looks cool!

This one caught my eye and seemed to be pretty good all around. 2018 Polaris RZR XP Turbo. Reasons not to go with the turbo version? Honestly have no idea how fast we really need the thing. I am sure 50mph or so is plenty in the dirt?
https://rzr.polaris.com/en-us/rzr-xp-turbo-eps/

I picked out some front and rear bumpers, rock guards and roof through Polaris as well. Is this a good UTV? Is there anything else I should option it with or should I just aftermarket on all that stuff? Factory stuff seems to work well with good fit and finish. Do people use windshields? I really don't want to trick it out. I am sure it plenty good from the factory for what we will do with it (cruise the desert, take it shooting, camping etc). No big jumps or such.

Polaris seems like the main one to me, but it looks like Can-Am, Artic Cat and a few others have nice stuff as well.

I love the looks of the Artic Cat Wildcat X and Can Am Mav X3. Super cool looking.

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
The two most important items was the roof (shade), and the windscreen. Then was everything to make it street legal. Although not required, I installed Turn signals. The DOT tires seem to handle much better on paved street and dirt roads, then what usually comes stock.
This should be up in one of the other sections for better replies.

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
The two most important items from me was the roof (shade), and the windscreen. Then was everything to make it street legal. Although not required, I installed Turn signals. The DOT tires seem to handle much better on paved street and dirt roads, then what usually comes stock.
This should be up in one of the other sections for better replies.

FYI, not to be a jerk or anything, the op posted this thread back in September 2017

I’m looking for a rzr also, I have been looking for a while now!