What's on your shopping list for the Sand Sports Show?:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
walker-links-02-600x558.jpg

Rear Sway Bar shocks.

can_16_box_lin_32_gal_tru-blk-1734400001.jpg

12 gallon stowage box per the wifie or I'll have to get an auto suck:

Silicone-Blow-Job-Sex-font-b-Toys-b-font-For-Men-Electric-Masturbation-Blowjob-Vagina-Automatic.jpg

SSV Sound System:
2017-ssv-works-can-am-maverick-x3-stereo-utvunderground.com003-650x432.jpg

KMx3pmx2mount-2.jpg

2017-ssv-works-can-am-maverick-x3-stereo-utvunderground.com001-650x433.jpg

Bolt on 20 HP and lift or remove all stops:
JpAxBQF.jpg

A few $17 beers:
0813_nws_ocr-l-craftbeer-04_24289493_3111793.jpg

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
A few overpriced beers
Glamis pass

If I find the right storage bag for the RZR, one of those.
If I find the right storage bag for the RZR, a new AO cooler with my logo.

We'll follow it up with a shit ton more beer when we get home.

Reactions: TPC

grumpy88

Reaction score
Tires . Maybe rims . Some shirts for the wife and grandkid .

jones performance

Reaction score
this will be the first year i skip it. between parking and ticket cost there isnt anything there that i need to see.

HavaToon

Reaction score
walker-links-02-600x558.jpg

Rear Sway Bar shocks.

can_16_box_lin_32_gal_tru-blk-1734400001.jpg

12 gallon stowage box per the wifie or I'll have to get an auto suck:

Silicone-Blow-Job-Sex-font-b-Toys-b-font-For-Men-Electric-Masturbation-Blowjob-Vagina-Automatic.jpg

SSV Sound System:
2017-ssv-works-can-am-maverick-x3-stereo-utvunderground.com003-650x432.jpg

KMx3pmx2mount-2.jpg

2017-ssv-works-can-am-maverick-x3-stereo-utvunderground.com001-650x433.jpg

Bolt on 20 HP and lift or remove all stops:
JpAxBQF.jpg

A few $17 beers:
0813_nws_ocr-l-craftbeer-04_24289493_3111793.jpg

Wait the the SSV audio system, Rockford is releasing their new X3 system at the show and its WAY better. I installed one in my dads Ranger and it is incredibly well built and thought out not to mention it blows away his RZR with a SSV system.

IMG_5048.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/SXSADDICTS.BIZ/videos/491857007849447/
https://www.facebook.com/rockfordfosgate/videos/10155128082210853/

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I want to get a few things

Helmet skirt
New goggles
New switches and switch covers
Maybe a new ao cooler (see if they can fix mine)
New seat belts (custom made)
New storage bag/ box for my new trunk on the commander
May pick up head set bags

Dad wants new whips for his new rzr

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Wheels and tires (although I still think Rocky Mtn MC will have better pricing.)

Cage (hopefully!!)

SDR doors.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Wait the the SSV audio system, Rockford is releasing their new X3 system at the show and its WAY better. I installed one in my dads Ranger and it is incredibly well built and thought out not to mention it blows away his RZR with a SSV system.

View attachment 586811
https://www.facebook.com/SXSADDICTS.BIZ/videos/491857007849447/
https://www.facebook.com/rockfordfosgate/videos/10155128082210853/

I'll check that out. Hopefully they are at the show.
I have Rockford speakers in the XPT and they are fantastic.
Thanks for the heads up.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Wheels and tires (although I still think Rocky Mtn MC will have better pricing.)

Cage (hopefully!!)

SDR doors.

With Rocky Mountains good pricing, usually free delivery and no sales tax plus they are starting to offer OEM parts and accessories they are hard to beat.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I have a set of hyper wheels for a can am I'll sell. With doonz paddles. These are 3 piece wheels double headlock in perfect shape.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Going to be picking up a 2017 Turbo XP4 if I can find a killer deal. If not I will be looking for some race air & helmets for my 2015 XP1K4.

HavaToon

Reaction score
I won't be attending the show but Murray Racing is hooking me up with a 2018 X3 Max XRS and all sorts of goodies! IMG_5052.jpg

Check them out at the show, these guys know what's up when it comes to Can Am.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
With Rocky Mountains good pricing, usually free delivery and no sales tax plus they are starting to offer OEM parts and accessories they are hard to beat.

On top of getting 75 bucks to use in store on the next order

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I won't be attending the show but Murray Racing is hooking me up with a 2018 X3 Max XRS and all sorts of goodies! View attachment 586820

Check them out at the show, these guys know what's up when it comes to Can Am.
That's my exact car...im scared to go...the wallet is going to take a beating and I know I'll end up more confused with all the stuff there.

Englewood

Reaction score
1. Car-to-car Radio add-on to intercom
2. Additional Battery kit
3. Jack and Mount
4. Rotopax or simlar to carry gas on roof rack
5. *Possibly* a stereo, although I can listen via intercom...

The expensive part is getting a room for tonight and having to take my wife to SUR because she watches some degenerates on TV who work there.

HavaToon

Reaction score
That's my exact car...im scared to go...the wallet is going to take a beating and I know I'll end up more confused with all the stuff there.

That's why I'm not going and sticking with the buddy hookup. Not to mention I'll probably sell it next year and get the 2019 and do it over for the 2020, etc.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Was hoping to grab Glamis pass, renew ASA, sneak some JD into Havaduner's soda, still want to buy some sway bar shocks to try in havasu.

Gonna stay in havasu instead tho, got Billy B's tomorrow and Howard regatta (looking forward to maybe getting a closer look at 28 deck).

77charger

Reaction score
Was thinking of going to buy a new led whip but decided to buy locally for less when you add 20 to get in,whatever parking is,then the 17 dollar beer x 2-3, and sitting in traffic.:eek

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Well that was a success, bought the following

Goggles for me
Gloves for the wife
New yeti cup for the wife
Rugged radio head set bags
Desert people 7 DVD
Two safe glo whips
And two axia alloy whip mounts

My biggest let downs

Prp seat belts booth was not helpful at all, I had to walk away and I think I'll spend my money with crow enterprises. Also was looking for new helmet for the wife and there was not much out there.

Upsides
The show is all sxs now only a handful of buggys and buggy related stuff. That is ok with me as I have a sxs but still. I also couldn't believe how much stereo related booths there were. It was unreal (jl, rf, clarion, alpine, kicker, ssv works and even a couple more. Lots of trailers as well. The most exspensive advertised rzr was 72k Brand new 2017 with a turbo. It was unreal but holy hell 70k for a rzr. I asked about one funco and it was 285k the guy told me. Again holy hell.

Notes: watch out for the wagons/ carts . Lots of them.

Thanks again safeglo! Can't wait until the Bluetooth one is out!

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
So much cool shit. Love seeing the different companies visions with their builds.

Ordered my cage, got quoted hundreds more for wheels / tires (just ordered them online), and balked on the SDR doors (they were on sale for sure, but wheels / tires first. haha). Overall a successful trip. It's insane to me how far these things have come... from farm vehicles to full fledged off-road toys!

Hallett285

Reaction score
So much cool shit. Love seeing the different companies visions with their builds.

Ordered my cage, got quoted hundreds more for wheels / tires (just ordered them online), and balked on the SDR doors (they were on sale for sure, but wheels / tires first. haha). Overall a successful trip. It's insane to me how far these things have come... from farm vehicles to full fledged off-road toys!
What wheels and tires did you go with? We're going to the sand show tomorrow was going to look for rims and tires. Did you end up buying from rocky mtn?

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
What wheels and tires did you go with? We're going to the sand show tomorrow was going to look for rims and tires. Did you end up buying from rocky mtn?

Method 401?sand 30? tensors (wanted 32?s but run a non turbo car). One place was within 50 bucks of Rocky Mtn, but had the wrong offset and wouldn?t ship. 4 wheel parts straight wanted 250 bucks more than everyone else, as their show special price. Free shipping and 75 bucks towards next order from Rky Mtn (some points type deal they do..?) Ordered a few mins ago.

I was set on wanting methods. If you like raceline wheels they seem to be everywhere with good deals!!

Hallett285

Reaction score
Method 401?sand 30? tensors (wanted 32?s but run a non turbo car). One place was within 50 bucks of Rocky Mtn, but had the wrong offset and wouldn?t ship. 4 wheel parts straight wanted 250 bucks more than everyone else, as their show special price. Free shipping and 75 bucks towards next order from Rky Mtn (some points type deal they do..?) Ordered a few mins ago.

I was set on wanting methods. If you like raceline wheels they seem to be everywhere with good deals!!
I would like to get method 401 polished and 30" tensors. For my xp4 1000.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
To add to the list of cool shit is the switches that operate off a touch screen. You can have one screen and pages of switches to activate everything.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Put a deposit on the Rockford Fosgate Stage 5 sound system. 2018 X3RS version still a month off from delivery.
Ordered stage one flash from EVO for one of the rides saved $50 (code SSSS10)
Ordered W.E. Sway Bar shocks saved $100.
5150 whips 1/2 retail price.

Talked to a few Polaris dealer owners.
Their take is Polaris is so full of internal drama and dysfunctional and wall street has them on the ropes that it'll be almost 2 years before a new sport SxS product hits the showroom floor.
Backing their take is no new product approval test application with CARB and those apps take well over a year to push through the bureaucracy.
Who knows on that if it's a solid take or not. We'll see but it seems reasonable because when those applications are filed they hit the sand and off road forums immediately.

Good show.
Dune buggies were absent.
Funco and Buckshot have a nice line up and a nice line of sand and what looked like maybe class 10 cars.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I run 5 - 5 offsets on all my off road vehicles, always have and still swear by it with the new X3RS. Both dirt and sand.
The average quote we got for Tensor Regulators 32 -15's on Method O6's 5 - 5 offset was $1850.

Looked at SSV sound systems that were OK and Kicker has their own line now that simply employs a sandard bootlegged marine head unit.
Rockford Fosgate had Da Kine' proprietary SxS system IMHO.
Their systems are more than wet resistance, they are mudders. A BFD.

Their were several up and comer systems that seem to draw little interest.
If you're selling sound systems you have to have an off the chain display that is earth shaking and pops with head turning presence and squeeze girls.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
If you're selling sound systems you have to have an off the chain display that is earth shaking and pops with head turning presence and squeeze girls.

I noticed this as well. I had only ever really seen the Rockford systems. I?ll be doing the stage 5 myself as the ribbon on the package so to speak, but I was blown away by how many ?little guys? are making sound systems for these things.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
That was my take as well. So many little sound system guys. It was unreal

HavaToon

Reaction score
I run 5 - 5 offsets on all my off road vehicles, always have and still swear by it with the new X3RS. Both dirt and sand.
The average quote we got for Tensor Regulators 32 -15's on Method O6's 5 - 5 offset was $1850.

Looked at SSV sound systems that were OK and Kicker has their own line now that simply employs a sandard bootlegged marine head unit.
Rockford Fosgate had Da Kine' proprietary SxS system IMHO.
Their systems are more than wet resistance, they are mudders. A BFD.

Glad you liked the Rockford system, I knew once you saw it all else would pale in comparison. Enjoy!

Sbarry

Reaction score

Who's fabbing your cage?

boatnam2

Reaction score
Went with Kevin at TFBB. Cage, windshield, rear light bar. Method and Tensors are in their way too.

My buddy bought same cage today, cage,roof, light and whips, he payed less then i did last year.

Riley1

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the Arctic Cat X (now XX). Though after being disappointed last year, I don't expect to see it any time soon

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the Arctic Cat X (now XX). Though after being disappointed last year, I don't expect to see it any time soon

The Textron Booth looked pathetic.
The Vanna Whites & reps spread out, alone, daydreaming and playing liers poker on their phones.
They were on the right track a few years back, Biffle and a few others took their cars to another level, but Textron simply froze in place and not improving on their products became white elephants.
Can Am saw the light and released the X3 using the few good ideas Textron had abandon.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That's a huuuge bitch!

The wheel base on those things is like six inches longer than my ranger! I can't imagine how people are taking these things through technical trails? My ranger is freakin big for some of the stuff we already do out here. For the sand I bet they are awesome though!

jones performance

Reaction score
Well that was a success, bought the following

Goggles for me
Gloves for the wife
New yeti cup for the wife
Rugged radio head set bags
Desert people 7 DVD
Two safe glo whips
And two axia alloy whip mounts

My biggest let downs

Prp seat belts booth was not helpful at all, I had to walk away and I think I'll spend my money with crow enterprises. Also was looking for new helmet for the wife and there was not much out there.

Upsides
The show is all sxs now only a handful of buggys and buggy related stuff. That is ok with me as I have a sxs but still. I also couldn't believe how much stereo related booths there were. It was unreal (jl, rf, clarion, alpine, kicker, ssv works and even a couple more. Lots of trailers as well. The most exspensive advertised rzr was 72k Brand new 2017 with a turbo. It was unreal but holy hell 70k for a rzr. I asked about one funco and it was 285k the guy told me. Again holy hell.

Notes: watch out for the wagons/ carts . Lots of them.

Thanks again safeglo! Can't wait until the Bluetooth one is out!

try these guys for belts, they used to be at the sand show few years ago. http://djsafety.com/

they made my belts exactly how i wanted them. excellent service

grumpy88

Reaction score
The Textron Booth looked pathetic.
The Vanna Whites & reps spread out, alone, daydreaming and playing liers poker on their phones.
They were on the right track a few years back, Biffle and a few others took their cars to another level, but Textron simply froze in place and not improving on their products became white elephants.
Can Am saw the light and released the X3 using the few good ideas Textron had abandon.

I agree with you about pace off road they make a awesome product . The rep at textron said there would be a info release in like two weeks of the new cat coming in February . I know there is a trailing arm re design but I don't know about the power . He said they had one out in Barstow last weekend running around naked . We shall see though