WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

IJBSA World Finals

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Is anyone planning on being in Havasu, or going to the World Finals this year?

Sept 30th-October 8th

Brian

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
My parents are going. I'm gonna try but am not 100% sure yet.

My buddy Jesse Dirnberger is racing and he's been doing really good this year.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I raced the world finals for 10 years straight. Last of those years I spent the entire month there getting ready. ;)

TCHB

Reaction score
Yes I enjoy seeing all the new toys.

ridebig

Reaction score
IMG_3131.jpg IMG_3155.JPG Gonna be there as well. My son is racing again this year. Pro gp on Saturday and pro ski modified on Sunday. Jesse and his dad are good friends as well!!

Daytona47

Reaction score
What days are the main races. Wanted to head up theyre to check it out

RVRKID

Reaction score
I won't be going but wanted to share this real quick. I went to my friends Celebration of Life for her Dad and was looking thru one of the photo albums they had out. Their Dad got them into Jet Ski racing so he had pics of racing and then these placement card deals with our own Mini Kat on them so I snapped pics. IMG_9938.jpg
IMG_9939.jpg
IMG_9936.jpg

riverroyal

Reaction score
I won't be going but wanted to share this real quick. I went to my friends Celebration of Life for her Dad and was looking thru one of the photo albums they had out. Their Dad got them into Jet Ski racing so he had pics of racing and then these placement card deals with our own Mini Kat on them so I snapped pics. View attachment 587073
View attachment 587074
View attachment 587075

Great pics. I know a bunch of the people on there. Traveled racing with a few of them.
Who passed the highlighted name?

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
View attachment 587070 View attachment 587027 Gonna be there as well. My son is racing again this year. Pro gp on Saturday and pro ski modified on Sunday. Jesse and his dad are good friends as well!!

Cool! My dad and Richard kinda grew up together. I've known Jesse since he was a wee one, he's about 8 yrs younger than me. I used to ride with him occasionally, but that was back when he was still on a JS 550. Once he got an sxr, he was way to fast for me to have fun. ;-).

I found this video of him last night.

[video=youtube_https;2yCmWYZiL38]https://youtu.be/2yCmWYZiL38[/video]

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Well, I was until I quit my second Job, and then My folks need me to take of their place while on vacation, so unfortunately it is not in the cards this year. would liked to have met you in person Brian. next time! I will have to cheer on my buddy Wyland Reden in vintage 550 class from my computer at home :(

riverroyal

Reaction score
And then after over a decade this was the final picture. November 1996. After the world finals, I just got married, son number 1 on the way.
This race sea doo was crated and shipped to Japan. With enough winnings from the year and the crazy selling price of this I bought a house and never looked back.
Except 1 more race in 97 as a hired guy with a new born on the beach. That new born is now a junior in college. ;)
Time flies
20170917_122639.jpg

TCHB

Reaction score
And then after over a decade this was the final picture. November 1996. After the world finals, I just got married, son number 1 on the way.
This race sea doo was crated and shipped to Japan. With enough winnings from the year and the crazy selling price of this I bought a house and never looked back.
Except 1 more race in 97 as a hired guy with a new born on the beach. That new born is now a junior in college. ;)
Time flies
View attachment 587141

Nice pics and story

ridebig

Reaction score
It's amazing to see how far the sport has come. To bad there is no money for these guys anymore. Very little sponsorship money these day's. Fun to see the pics from a while back. The day's of the Ripper!! It's a great week to go out and see people from literally all over the world. Watching from the stands and going into the pits is a great time!!

whipple charged

Reaction score
will be out there wed-mon..
the sport has been washed down the toilet years ago...
I no longer ride or own skis(stand-ups) after 25yrs of going to races and world finals.. never raced was a rec rider.
the best was after worlds finals the trip to cantamar, mexico (mex rager)

riverroyal

Reaction score
will be out there wed-mon..
the sport has been washed down the toilet years ago...
I no longer ride or own skis(stand-ups) after 25yrs of going to races and world finals.. never raced was a rec rider.
the best was after worlds finals the trip to cantamar, mexico (mex rager)

I did the after trip for years. Even after I stopped racing. I only rode in the surf on stand ups after the racing down turn of 96!
But after racing back to the border when a friend hit a drunk jay walker that was it. Have not been to mex since.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Love the old skool AP designs paint....back in tha day before AP was not too big for his britches..:p

Britches aremt big, just a guy trying to run a business where 50% of the customers want a "bro deal
I've know ap since high school. First ski he painted was mine in a warehouse they used to store the house painting materials, which was where he came from.
Any business in that industry or motocross is full of bull shitters and broke racers. He has been in business for over 2 decades. Britches seem to be fitting just fine

TRAVISD

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics from "back in the day"

31265_124964224187535_8166853_n.jpg
31265_124964220854202_4700307_n.jpg

I still have a stand up and ride at Body Beach every couple of weeks. The sport definitely is not the same as it was in the late eighties and early nineties when RiverRoyal and I did the national tour. I will watch the World Finals pro days on Saturday from my boat for a bit and then on Sunday will walk around in the pits for a couple of hours and that is about it.

riverroyal

Reaction score
travis drove the team Van across the country!! I think the AC went out for awhile, ha. I flew each week, Im not sure who was doing it better, I missed a bunch of fun on the road. Great times.