WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ferrari or a Boat?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
From what I understand this is one of the last 3 pedal cars.

You just have to contort your body to operate them.

You can get a manual trans in a 360, and the 430. Pretty rare option for the 430 though.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I would like a white 458 someday. Kind of a bucket list thing. Someone should merge this thread and the pirates channel. :D :thumbsup

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I would like a white 458 someday. Kind of a bucket list thing. Someone should merge this thread and the pirates channel. :D :thumbsup

Agree. Even the California in white looks great

IMG_4904.PNG

Reactions: SJP
Reaction score
What's so great about owning a Ferrari? seems like a pain in the ass.;)

[video] [video=youtube;a52Zt5_9rrY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a52Zt5_9rrY[/video][/video]

[video=youtube;3lKwkn6JT74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lKwkn6JT74[/video]

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Thank GOD that wasn't a white cop treating a black man like that....................

Tank

Reaction score
What's so great about owning a Ferrari? seems like a pain in the ass.;)

[video] [video=youtube;a52Zt5_9rrY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a52Zt5_9rrY[/video][/video]

[video=youtube;3lKwkn6JT74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lKwkn6JT74[/video]

Dude in the Ferrari was a entitled DOUCHE BAG!!

dave29

Reaction score
Had a Ferrari years ago. Best day of my life, just below divorcing my first wife, was the day I sold it. PITA service, battery always draining for some reason that they could never figure out, just nasty. I would buy a Porsche and call it a day. Nice turbo manual trans 2011 for $80-$100K and love driving it every day.

530RL

Reaction score
The 355 is the first car product of the Montezemolo era which began in 91. It was a really good start.

355's are pretty tough daily drivers as they are maintenance dependent. Engine has to come out

A good resource as a buyers guide is Forza Magazine. Here is a link to the 355 buyers guide which is worth reading prior to a purchase.

http://www.forza-mag.com/issues/134/articles/beauty-brawn#.WcAHC62ZNmA

360's are not that much more expensive and when factoring in maintenance costs, can sometimes be cheaper. Here is a link to the 360 buyers guide.

http://www.forza-mag.com/issues/117/articles/360-buyer-s-guide#.WcAG262ZNmB

The Ferrari market is softening compared to two years ago where most all the cars ran up pretty hard. For example in Monterey a Scuderia with a couple thousand miles sold for 210 at RM when dealers are asking high 200's. Production in ramping up, availability is getting better. The more modern the car, the more reliable it is in general.

If you have the money, just buy a new one. 7 years unlimited miles maintenance and 3 years unlimited miles warranty. Never understood why they sit in garages but they do.

488 GTB Blu Swaters 052017 (dragged).png-1.jpg

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Having a ferrari is a lot of fun, and when i had mine i also had a boat.
if i was going to chose between the two i would pick boat first.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
IMO, boat. The last time I had a fast, flashy car, while it was fun, all it did was get me in trouble with the law. I don't have that problem on the lake. I can go by the coppers at 100 and wave and think nothing of it.

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
I use to want all this. Now I just want my youngest to finish HS this year and buy a 10 yr old 5th wheel and travel the country with my 15yr old truck.

Paid in cash and no debt.

But yeah, get the Ferrari. :skull

nowski

Reaction score
If you want to show off those pretty toe nails get a boat. If you don't care about showing off those pretty toe nails get the Ferrari...

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
My opinion :

The reality of your " I made it " Ferrari is everyone that owns a Ferrari knows the old ones are bullshit and cheap. They know you can't afford a real one (current model 458/488 minimum) and true Ferrari guys can smell your poorness a mile away. They will laugh at you behind your back. The only way owning an old Ferrari is acceptable is if you have more than one. Also, you wont even impress yourself because you know you have a 20+ year old maintenance nightmare that you only bought because it was the cheapest.

If I were you I would be looking at 996/997 Porsche Turbos.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
My opinion :

The reality of your " I made it " Ferrari is everyone that owns a Ferrari knows the old ones are bullshit and cheap. They know you can't afford a real one (current model 458/488 minimum) and true Ferrari guys can smell your poorness a mile away. They will laugh at you behind your back. The only way owning an old Ferrari is acceptable is if you have more than one. Also, you wont even impress yourself because you know you have a 20+ year old maintenance nightmare that you only bought because it was the cheapest.

Seriously? I could make the same comparison in boats but I won't.:rolleyes

Reactions: Jmp

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Not the same.

On the boat we know we are poor but don't care cuz we are looking at the titties on the boat and lost track of the fact that we can't afford the boat. :p

Seriously? I could make the same comparison in boats but I won't.:rolleyes

GRADS

Reaction score
My opinion :

Not going to lie, this comment has me a little miffed. "They can smell my poorness" and "will laugh behind my back"? Honestly you don't know me very well because frankly I don't give a shit what they think. Even when I had the money to buy a brand new one or was able to have nice stuff I was never that guy to look down at people that couldn't afford what I had...I treat everybody as a an equal....even you HTM owners. ;)

And.... I have a 51 year old car that needs maintenance but every time I get in it it puts a huge smile on my face.:thumbsup Not to mention one of the best Ferrari mechanics in the country is 10 minutes from my house and I've known him for 25 years.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Just get the boat.

You are not old enough to get the Ferrari. Yet. :p

traquer

Reaction score
Get a new Ferrari and figure out how to make it a write-off. Then drive the shit out of it because it's under warranty. :p

530RL

Reaction score
My opinion :

:eek

I'll be sure to mention that to this gentleman who only dropped 8.5 on this.......... :D

IMG_2399.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
Not going to lie, this comment has me a little miffed. "They can smell my poorness" and "will laugh behind my back"? Honestly you don't know me very well because frankly I don't give a shit what they think. Even when I had the money to buy a brand new one or was able to have nice stuff I was never that guy to look down at people that couldn't afford what I had...I treat everybody as a an equal....even you HTM owners. ;)

And.... I have a 51 year old car that needs maintenance but every time I get in it it puts a huge smile on my face.:thumbsup Not to mention one of the best Ferrari mechanics in the country is 10 minutes from my house and I've known him for 25 years.

Wait, all the piles of shit you get around here and THATS what gets you miffed. LOL.

I will comment on what he said though, in short, I disagree. Ferrari owners, like any high dollar niche owners group, are made up of "mostly" enthusiasts. Whether it's exotic cars, muscle cars, high performance boats, or whatever, you got the majority of people that love the product - old or new. Doesn't matter. It's a love and passion for the builder and a mutual respect for others with that same passion. Now, of course there's assholes in every group. Those are the ones that bought the car / boat / bike / etc because it's a status symbol only. They'll be the asshole talking shit about the year of said car / boat / bike / etc. but those dipshits are the clowns that actually get talked shit about (more dollars than sense, silver spoon douche bag, money can't buy you likability, etc).

Of course, most rich guys I know that own high end cars, planes, bikes, yachts, boats are republicans so you most likely will get shit talked about you anyway, so there's that too. Lol

spectras only

Reaction score
I agree with HTMike only on one thing. Lot of the Ferrari guys [ bunch of snobs some are;) ] look down on older models, unless they're real old collector ones. But who cares:rolleyes. Buy what you like or willing to pay for. My buddy bought his Countach, because it was relatively cheap at the time he got it and see what people willing to pay for those today, he could sell it and buy a new Lambo. He drives all his toys, they aren't garage queens either. I'd love to have an old Dino[saur]:D or a 360 Modena Spyder in my garage with gated shifter.:thumbsup
He also has an old boat with triples [ it's actually an 45 Arronow we found out ] and a 38 Scarab and a jetbote,haha. So Grads, buy an old Ferrari and an old boat of your fancy.

Here's the boat. It's now all black and mean looking since I took the video.

[video=youtube;ayu1JYb1bOU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayu1JYb1bOU[/video]

Jmp

Reaction score
My opinion :

What is a true Ferrari guy? The f430 is a bad ass car..

GRADS

Reaction score
With Grads affinity for nail polish and dildos, shouldn't he be shopping for Miatas or convertible beetles?

:finger......Although I did almost pull the trigger on one of these back in the day.

1982-vw-rabbit-convertible-right-rear.jpg

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
I treat everybody as a an equal....even you HTM owners. ;)

Uhh, my last boat which I just sold was an RPM Redline 26 with a Teague 1000/SCX4 combo....

You can read about it on the front page of this website. ;)

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
:eek

I'll be sure to mention that to this gentleman who only dropped 8.5 on this.......... :D

View attachment 587714

When I said old, I did not mean the multi million dollar classics. I meant the cheap shit that an average joe can afford.

Wait, all the piles of shit you get around here and THATS what gets you miffed. LOL.

I will comment on what he said though, in short, I disagree. Ferrari owners, like any high dollar niche owners group, are made up of "mostly" enthusiasts.

That is not true. Ferrari guys are a breed of their own. I know plenty of Ferrari guys and you should see how they try and one up each other.

What is a true Ferrari guy? The f430 is a bad ass car..

In comparison to what ? a 458 is eons better in every category. Just for the record my brother has a 06 430 with PCCB Brakes and the whole 9 yards. Its not that great IMHO.

GRADS

Reaction score
When I said old, I did not mean the multi million dollar classics. I meant the cheap shit that an average joe can afford.

Good to know that the average Joe can afford a $70K extra car that will just sit in the garage most of the time.:rolleyes Come back down to reality.

Reactions: Jmp

GRADS

Reaction score
Uhh, my last boat which I just sold was an RPM Redline 26 with a Teague 1000/SCX4 combo....

You can read about it on the front page of this website. ;)

Why, because Eliminator and DCB owners could smell you a mile away?;)

Jmp

Reaction score

That is not true. Ferrari guys are a breed of their own. I know plenty of Ferrari guys and you should see how they try and one up each other.

In comparison to what ? a 458 is eons better in every category. Just for the record my brother has a 06 430 with PCCB Brakes and the whole 9 yards. Its not that great IMHO.

Your brother put Porsche brakes on his Ferrari?

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

Of course it is. Technology is always advancing. Grads iPhoneX will be better than his iPhone3.

I'm a huge 355 fan and I've driven just about every model and have been in all of them including the Enzo, La Ferrari, and other "need to be on the list" cars. Different strokes for different folks. It's not always about the latest and greatest.

Jmp

Reaction score
Of course it is. Technology is always advancing. Grads iPhoneX will be better than his iPhone3.

I'm a huge 355 fan and I've driven just about every model and have been in all of them including the Enzo, La Ferrari, and other "need to be on the list" cars. Different strokes for different folks. It's not always about the latest and greatest.

Apparently it is about having the latest and greatest. Grads...you should get the car HTMike wants you to get.. otherwise it sounds like you will be a fake or pretend "Ferrari guy".

Jmp

Reaction score

Does the same go for Porsche guys?

relaxalot

Reaction score
Everyone owns a car or two or ten... big whoop. Buy the boat if you want true happiness.. Money can buy you a boat and a truck to pull it.. [video=youtube_https;mQPjKSVe1tQ]https://youtu.be/mQPjKSVe1tQ[/video]

boatpi

Reaction score
Remember the story of Fabio Lamborghini... He owned a Ferrari, and the clutch went out in short time. So he called Enzo, he told him so what, thangs happen.

Fabio Lamborghini found out the clutch on his farm tractors he built better than his Ferrari clutch

the rest is history.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Remember the story of Fabio Lamborghini... He owned a Ferrari, and the clutch went out in short time. So he called Enzo, he told him so what, thangs happen.

Fabio Lamborghini found out the clutch on his farm tractors he built better than his Ferrari clutch

the rest is history.

Lambos are fun cars but they are not Ferraris! :eek

boatpi

Reaction score
Need I say any more...

Attachments

• 21740540_1440346169412542_7033330404091921857_n.jpg
    21740540_1440346169412542_7033330404091921857_n.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 27