WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Negro Bar

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
In these days of political correctness I'm amazed it's still called this, but not my feeling. Negro Bar is now a location downstream of Folsom Lake on the American River.

It used to be a mining site that is now under Folsom Lake that was mined by African Americans. I was able to visit the site the last two years when the water was low. See my thread..

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/foru...ound-today&highlight=folsom+lake+things+found

It's funny how people around here will call it anything but Negro Bar.....Most people say Naygro Bar or that place on the American River. :lmao

http://www.myfolsom.com/resident-guide/folsom-history/negro-bar-history-the-ballouscharmann-letters/

http://www.stateparks.com/negro_bar_state_park_in_california.html

GRADS

Reaction score
I had a feeling people wouldn't touch this thread with a 10' pole. Kind of like the people around here.

buck35

Reaction score
I had a feeling people wouldn't touch this thread with a 10' pole. Kind of like the people around here.

I won't even mention what an area near me was named when I was young in the seventies. :eekNot sure what its named now.:)

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It's amazing too how much the Chinese are part of the history of Calif, especially up North and little mention is made of it.
Little remains other than China Towns sections of cities.

9028765.gif

GRADS

Reaction score
It's amazing too how much the Chinese are part of the history of Calif, especially up North and little mention is made of it.
Little remains other than China Towns sections of cities.

Totally agree.!

milkmoney

Reaction score
I will touch this thread, I really don't give a fuck what anything is called.

Jews, spick, negro, wap, honky or squatters, it's jus a word or name, I have better things to do in my life then worry about what things or places are called.

Nobody seems to be bothered by me calling them assclowns , cause I am one too lol [emoji202]

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

Jews, spick, negro, wap, honky or squatters, it's jus a word or name, I have better things to do in my life then worry about what things or places are called.
So says the Okie. :p

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score

Nobody seems to be bothered by me calling them assclowns , cause I am one too lol [emoji202]

I tried some of your beer on Saturday. http://www.assclownbrewing.com/about-ass-clown/

JD D05

Reaction score

I agree. I don't give a fuck what anyone calls me outside of my closest friends and family. Sticks and stones shit, people getting butthurt over words are weak minded people.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I agree. I don't give a fuck what anyone calls me outside of my closest friends and family. Sticks and stones shit, people getting butthurt over words are weak minded people.
Exactly. Good Lord what my friends have called me or I have called them, would make these. Snowflakes burn their shit to the ground and protest. Lol
[emoji202] [emoji106]

dribble

Reaction score
I keep waiting for them to change the name. Which will piss me off to no end. It was a mining encampment for black miners and so named at a time when the word was not considered inflammatory in any way. It is a part of out local history.

JD D05

Reaction score
Exactly. Good Lord what my friends have called me or I have called them, would make these. Snowflakes burn their shit to the ground and protest. Lol
[emoji202] [emoji106]

That entire thought process is why they will never amount to much unless they can change. That is the part that really makes me laugh.

milkmoney

Reaction score
That entire thought process is why they will never amount to much unless they can change. That is the part that really makes me laugh.
I agree 100%
Who here remembers eating at Sambo's?

View attachment 587222
Hell yes, funny about that is I had a black kid in my school growing up named Sam, and we called him Sambo,
He could of cared less , my understanding is he , went into airforce and made something of himself and married with kids.

Proves it's jus a name, if I seen him today, i would call him Sambo jus like when we were kids
[emoji202]

nowski

Reaction score
Have you ever heard of Negro Bill Granstaff??? They named a canyon in Utah after him...

Sparky

Reaction score
Got to love California! Few people get their feelings hurt visiting Folsom Lake while pulling into Dyke 8 to launch their boat and complain to our bleeding hearts, and the next thing you know Dyke 8 is now called Folsom point. WTF! Greg i'm sure you know the real story for the name change?

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Negro is Spanish for Black.....:hmm

History says MalcolmX thought negro degrading as it tied back to slavery.

mudpuppy

Reaction score
There is a dirt road that goes up the west side of Palomar Mtn called Nate Harrison Grade. It was called Nigger Nate's for years. He was a famous homesteader.

Joker

Reaction score

CheapAss:)

Gelcoater

Reaction score

Thank you, milky.:thumbsup

It's a word. What ever "that" word may be, it is just a word.

Take for instance the word...retard.

Anyone who's been around a while knows that word can be a trigger word for the OP. He has his reasons, and (I hate saying this :grumble:) I do respect him for sticking up for what he thinks is right, his family, etc.

But it's just a word. I'm sure he read my post in the Froggy/retard thread some years back.
If he did he knows my family dynamic. Why that word could (and is in his mind should) be a trigger word.

But it isn't.

Because it's just a word. Context can mean a lot. ;)

Anyone who is throwing a fit, getting ugly, violent or just hurt feelings... It's just a word. Probably being spoken by some jackass.;)

...or assclown. :)

milkmoney

Reaction score
Thank you, milky.:thumbsup

It's a word. What ever "that" word may be, it is just a word.

Take for instance the word...retard.

Anyone who's been around a while knows that word can be a trigger word for the OP. He has his reasons, and (I hate saying this :grumble:) I do respect him for sticking up for what he thinks is right, his family, etc.

But it's just a word. I'm sure he read my post in the Froggy/retard thread some years back.
If he did he knows my family dynamic. Why that word could (and is in his mind should) be a trigger word.

But it isn't.

Because it's just a word. Context can mean a lot. ;)

Anyone who is throwing a fit, getting ugly, violent or just hurt feelings... It's just a word. Probably being spoken by some jackass.;)

...or assclown. :)
Tru dat Gelman. I agree [emoji106] [emoji202]

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
There is a dirt road that goes up the west side of Palomar Mtn called Nate Harrison Grade. It was called Nigger Nate's for years. He was a famous homesteader.

Grew up near a town that had a road called Niggerville Road.

http://history.rays-place.com/ny/granby-ny.htm

They changed the name in the early 1970's to Lakeshore Road.

Not exactly a "lakeshore" road, but it was better than Niggerville Road.

GRADS

Reaction score
Here's the location I visited last year. Pretty cool to see. Now it's covered by 120' of water at Folsom Lake.

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 8.14.34 PM.jpg

And proof that I was there....

IMG_4201a.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm surprised you were able to locate the survey marker, figured it would be buried under several feet of mud by now. On the other hand I suppose the wave action as the lake receded exposed many things previously covered by silt.

Have the feds fined you for the $ 250 yet ? :D Damn, that was a lot of money back in those days !!

GRADS

Reaction score
I'm surprised you were able to locate the survey marker, figured it would be buried under several feet of mud by now. On the other hand I suppose the wave action as the lake receded exposed many things previously covered by silt.

Have the feds fined you for the $ 250 yet ? :D Damn, that was a lot of money back in those days !!

I found many "needles in a haystack" when the water receded. Who said I have it or any of the other survey markers? That would be against the law. ;)

Taboma

Reaction score
I found many "needles in a haystack" when the water receded. Who said I have it or any of the other survey markers? That would be against the law. ;)

At least you turned in the incendiary devices, or I hope so :eek

bocco

Reaction score
What does the term bar mean in this case. I've heard of Bullards Bar and always wondered.