WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thoughts on RayMarine Satelite

OnTheWater

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I hope that I am posting this in the right area I couldn't find anywhere else for it.

I am looking at upgrading the entertainment on my boat since we spend 10 hours a day on the water sometimes and playing Sirius off my phone is killing my battery and my cell bill. I was looking online for a better solution and came across Raymarine Satellites. It says that you can get ones for satellite TV or for Sirius radio and although TV would shut the kids up I think Sirius is more what we are looking for. Has anyone used these before or anything else that would help us listen to Faction while on the water? I looked at some of the Sirius radio packages and they don't seem to have that good of coverage over water so this seems to be the next logical step. Any other recommendations would be great as well, always good to have a couple of ideas. Thanks in advance everyone.

Thanks to Racer56 for pointing out the Rockford Fosgate, after taking a look at it it seems to be exactly waht I wanted instead of the Raymarine which was only kind of what I wanted. I was even able to get a used one from https://www.for-sale.ie/rockford-fosgate and the seller was nice enough to bring it to my house and help me install it (I threw in some beers of course). Hopefully going to test it soon, thanks again mate.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I recently added Sirius XM to my boat. I have a Rockford Fosgate marine head unit that is Sirius XM capable. All I had to do is add the miniature antenna and activate my account. Super easy and sano!

OnTheWater

Reaction score
I recently added Sirius XM to my boat. I have a Rockford Fosgate marine head unit that is Sirius XM capable. All I had to do is add the miniature antenna and activate my account. Super easy and sano!

That sounds like just what I want to do. Easy to use, simple to install and hopefully somewhat cheap.