WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jeezus that was close

rrrr

Reaction score
I'm at my Dr appointment, on the way here a woman in a Benz SUV pulled out of a side street right in front of a guy on a sport bike. Holy fuck, I thought she was going to nail him. He almost laid it down.

Nurse just took my BP and pulse, they're waaay over normal.

2Driver

Reaction score
I just installed $70 dash cams in all my cars.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I'm at my Dr appointment, on the way here a woman in a Benz SUV pulled out of a side street right in front of a guy on a sport bike. Holy fuck, I thought she was going to nail him. He almost laid it down.

Nurse just took my BP and pulse, they're waaay over normal.

Good deal for that rider.

I had a front row seat to that show, while I consider myself lucky, I certainly didn't get out of it unscathed.

I miss riding, something awful, but with age, being a father and the sole breadwinner, comes a cage.

Brian

SoCalDave

Reaction score
A lot of guys ride this highway but more and more are getting taken out...and now it's between two bikes. RIP

2 Orange County motorcyclists killed in head-on Ortega Highway crash are identified.

Two Orange County residents were killed in a head-on motorcycle crash Sunday morning on the Ortega Highway west of Lake Elsinore, authorities said.

Motorcyclist Gilbert Banuelos, 24, of La Habra, was pronounced dead at 10:41 a.m. at the crash scene and motorcyclist Andre Dang, 27, of Buena Park, was pronounced dead at 10:52 a.m., according to the Riverside County Coroner?s Office.

The mountain road, officially known as Highway 74, was shut down in both directions from Lake Elsinore to San Juan Capistrano until just after 1 p.m.

The crash was reported just before 10:30 a.m. near the Ortega Oaks Candy Store.

Banuelos, heading east on a Yamaha sports bike, was traveling at an unsafe speed as he approached a curve, California Highway Patrol Officer Mike Lassig said.

He crossed the double-yellow line and collided with Dang, who had been headed west on a BMW sports bike, Lassig said.

Though the morning was overcast with some drizzle, Lassig said the highway was dry.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Sad, overshot the corner and ran out of talent and killed someone else in the process.

A lot of guys ride this highway but more and more are getting taken out...and now it's between two bikes. RIP

2 Orange County motorcyclists killed in head-on Ortega Highway crash are identified.

Two Orange County residents were killed in a head-on motorcycle crash Sunday morning on the Ortega Highway west of Lake Elsinore, authorities said.

Motorcyclist Gilbert Banuelos, 24, of La Habra, was pronounced dead at 10:41 a.m. at the crash scene and motorcyclist Andre Dang, 27, of Buena Park, was pronounced dead at 10:52 a.m., according to the Riverside County Coroner?s Office.

The mountain road, officially known as Highway 74, was shut down in both directions from Lake Elsinore to San Juan Capistrano until just after 1 p.m.

The crash was reported just before 10:30 a.m. near the Ortega Oaks Candy Store.

Banuelos, heading east on a Yamaha sports bike, was traveling at an unsafe speed as he approached a curve, California Highway Patrol Officer Mike Lassig said.

He crossed the double-yellow line and collided with Dang, who had been headed west on a BMW sports bike, Lassig said.

Though the morning was overcast with some drizzle, Lassig said the highway was dry.

rrrr

Reaction score
Good deal for that rider.

I had a front row seat to that show, while I consider myself lucky, I certainly didn't get out of it unscathed.

I miss riding, something awful, but with age, being a father and the sole breadwinner, comes a cage.

Brian

Brian, if he hadn't been riding heads up, he woulda been dead. She turned right, into the curb lane. He saw her rolling and anticipated that she hadn't see him. I was in the center lane about 50 feet behind the bike, and she probably would have entered the center lane it if I wasn't there. If that had happened, there's no way he could have missed her.

The speed limit was 40 MPH, I was going 45 and he was rolling about 55. I was in my Excursion, and had seen him in my side mirror. As he was passing me, she rolled the stop sign.

It was that fucking close.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score

Brian, if he hadn't been riding heads up, he woulda been dead. She turned right, into the curb lane. He saw her rolling and anticipated that she hadn't see him. I was in the center lane about 50 feet behind the bike, and she probably would have entered the center lane it if I wasn't there. If that had happened, there's no way he could have missed her.

The speed limit was 40 MPH, I was going 45 and he was rolling about 55. I was in my Excursion, and had seen him in my side mirror. As he was passing me, she rolled the stop sign.

It was that fucking close.

Random timing, the difference between life and death billions of times over and over each day, if one thinks about it.:yikes

If the guy had been going 60 or 45, he'd have been clear. If you had been going 50 or 40, the lady would not have been affected by your position. If the lady had come to a complete stop, nothing......Fate can drive a person nuts.:skull

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Random timing, the difference between life and death billions of times over and over each day, if one thinks about it.:yikes

If the guy had been going 60 or 45, he'd have been clear. If you had been going 50 or 40, the lady would not have been affected by your position. If the lady had come to a complete stop, nothing......Fate can drive a person nuts.:skull

Yep MIB 2, such a trip if you really think about it. Everything that had to line up for a good or bad outcome.

The Butterfly Effect.

Brian