WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mickey is gonna die

Your ad here

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen with the chewing of the gasket at the corner of the garage. I just put a trap right in front of the chewed gasket. Mouse just ran right into it and didnt see it coming.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I just picke up a roller off of amazon. Thinking the buckets will last a week in garage without drawing to much decomp and flies hopefully.

Taboma

Reaction score
I just picke up a roller off of amazon. Thinking the buckets will last a week in garage without drawing to much decomp and flies hopefully.

I'd think the bucket would work great in a garage, hopefully flies won't be interested in the floaters. Ants could be a problem if they discover the peanut butter, but you should be able to treat for them around the garage perimeter.

I have a close friend and previous Havasu neighbor who does both regular and new construction clean up in your beautiful foothills area.
I can't recall ever having a conversation with her that doesn't include a "Crazy Critter" story due to a close encounter while cleaning.
From various snakes, including rattlers, scorpions, rodents, huge spiders and other things she's still trying to identify and all these found both outdoors, but usually indoors as well. :yikes

The Refuge seems to be the other area she has a lot of close encounters of the critter kind.

I keep asking her how they're getting in, in most cases this seems to be the big mystery, rather than obvious points of entry. I'm sure in new construction they got in during the build or later folks left doors open and they slipped in.

Good Luck :thumbsup

2Driver

Reaction score
1 mouse in my pool skimmer for a day is enough to make you barf. I can image a few mice in water for a few days. LOL You'll be working to get that smell out of the garage for a week. Maybe add a bottle of rubbing alcohol to the water.

I found one mouse in my river garage dead from contrac blox. He was beef jerky dry, 1/8" thin and looked like a mini bear rug.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
1 mouse in my pool skimmer for a day is enough to make you barf. I can image a few mice in water for a few days. LOL You'll be working to get that smell out of the garage for a week. Maybe add a bottle of rubbing alcohol to the water.

I found one mouse in my river garage dead from contrac blox. He was beef jerky dry, 1/8" thin and looked like a mini bear rug.

Yeah - upon further review I will start with weekend hunting and maybe a little outdoor work during the week. I have boxes setup on a service as well when I am away constantly being baited and removed. I found out you can get poision at Tractor Supply so that is always an option.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yeah - upon further review I will start with weekend hunting and maybe a little outdoor work during the week. I have boxes setup on a service as well when I am away constantly being baited and removed. I found out you can get poision at Tractor Supply so that is always an option.

Yup, I think that sealing any entry points, then doing the bucket when you're there and able to tend to dumping it daily is a better solution.
A week soaking in warm water in a warm garage could get really ugly.

Maestro

Reaction score
What's the trick for golfers, my lot looks like a mine field.

Taboma

Reaction score
What's the trick for golfers, my lot looks like a mine field.

I just use various traps from Victor Black Box to Macabee style and vary as needed.

But this looks like a lot more fun :D

[video=youtube_https;fIMfir6r1Rc]https://youtu.be/fIMfir6r1Rc[/video]

530RL

Reaction score
Rats, gophers, round tailed ground squirrels, rabbits, you name it the Original Gangster chases and kills them all; your kids will love him and he is great chum at open yoga on Sundays at the Biltmore mall. :D

He may look cute, but he is a cold blooded killer.

Minor problem is he sets them in your closet so you can see his work and be proud of him...... :eek

IMG_3470.jpg

RaceTec

Reaction score
Get brushes for around the garage doors, we had rats here at the shop and they ate right through the door gaskets. Good old snap traps inside and bait traps outside. Since adding the brushes to the doors problem solved, guy installing them said that rodents feel their way with their whiskers and that the brushes bug the hell out of them so they won't even try to come in...

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I had a small shed that had bone meal and other plant food. Rats got in and made a nest in an old garden tractor. Ate hell out of the wiring. This was in the winter and I didn't go in there too often so they had their way for a while. I changed the oil in a couple vehicles and dumped the old oil in a 5 gallon bucket with no lid until I could haul it off to a disposal site. Set the bucket next to the tractor and forgot about it for a month.

One day I needed a shovel and went in the shed. Noticed oil had splashed out of the bucket. Took it out back and dumped it into another bucket. 7 dead oil soaked rat bodies. Stunk to high heaven. Sealed the bucket and hauled it off. Came back and found the chewed and eaten wiring. Another mess but the rats were gone at least.:skull

Sealed anything the bastards might consider food and attracts them in metal containers since then. Hard to keep them out if you're next to wild areas.

NicPaus

Reaction score
For the CA inmates. Ramik bars sold in 4lb box from feed store. Wire through the hole in bait bar and wired to something they can't haul off. Some law they have to sell it 4 lb minimum. The shit at lowes and home depot does not compare.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
For the CA inmates. Ramik bars sold in 4lb box from feed store. Wire through the hole in bait bar and wired to something they can't haul off. Some law they have to sell it 4 lb minimum. The shit at lowes and home depot does not compare.

Farm and Feed stores always have the good stuff.......Box stores cater to rookies that are dangerous to themselves and find weird ways to accidentally ingest things.:skull

Taboma

Reaction score
Like you Old Texan, found that the rats had a nest in my grove shed. Found they'd built a nice cozy leaf filled nest in my chipper/shredder hopper.
Where I discovered there was brand new litter of cute baby rats all huddled together.
Slowly rolled it out the door and fired it up, Hot Damn, was that ever cool :thumbsup :D ME = :skull My Wife = :puke:

530RL

Reaction score

If you have dogs, cats or other pets, be careful with Ramik Bars. They cause toxicity by interfering with coagulation. If your pet eats that stuff you have to induce vomiting immediately and get them to the vet to be put on vitamin K.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Get brushes for around the garage doors, we had rats here at the shop and they ate right through the door gaskets. Good old snap traps inside and bait traps outside. Since adding the brushes to the doors problem solved, guy installing them said that rodents feel their way with their whiskers and that the brushes bug the hell out of them so they won't even try to come in...

This works...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Don't want you guys to think I forgot..

Today was the H's..

Hair Cut
Hardware Store
Hallett

These SOBs are all over the place in my neighbor hood. I have traps and bait boxes. It is a war.

Honestly I have seen them in the side yard next to my neighbors house. They like to live in her trees because because they are thick and she leaves for long periods of time. She just got back, tree's got trimmed and this is the first I have ever had a problem with it other than seeing one run across my block wall once.

Again I think it's a singular problem, but now that's effected my life they are all gonna die around here.

You're welcome

[video=youtube_https;6SIlYiiCGLI]https://youtu.be/6SIlYiiCGLI[/video]

I'll be building these for my side yard next to my neighbors house.

Ok I read the whole thread hire a fucking pro! Some of the response are classic yes some products are banned here in ca for a reason and it's not the pros it's the internet. people are dumb and use too much product. First of if you are catching more than on a night you have a serious problem.start with a little exclusion any hole bigger than a 1/2 inch will allow a rat in your home. Snap traps are best but remember They are not eating in side your house they are nesting seal them out and then set traps the ones stuck inside will get hungry. Wow this a lot to type on my phone if want to talk pm me your # I will call you back.sorry I am very passionet about buissnes.

Looking forward to your continued input and criticism in this thread.

Yup, I think that sealing any entry points, then doing the bucket when you're there and able to tend to dumping it daily is a better solution.
A week soaking in warm water in a warm garage could get really ugly.

Sealing entry pints tomorrow.

I can't run brushes.. we are climate controlled in the garage and those would be massive leak points.

I think we all overlooked something here in this thread, Mickey is a mouse not a rat...

A rodent is a rodent!

So today we started with four snap traps and investigation.

IMG_4050.jpg

In honor of the DCB Regatta and my OCD

IMG_4052.jpg

The bait..

IMG_4051.jpg

Now we start at the scene of the crime..

IMG_0002.jpg

Traps Baited.. now where do we put them?

I wanted to put them in areas near where things are cluttered or hid..

I investigated more and found the real entry point. :(. He came in through an AC line, went through the wall and chewed his way out next to my bar. Which explains the dry wall scraps near my garage door.

IMG_4053.jpg

IMG_4054.jpg

Needless to say all that shit is getting fixed tomorrow.

IMG_4055.jpg

The line he came in through.

IMG_4056.jpg

And screw it one out by my cans just for luck.. I'll either catch something or a coyote is gonna starve to death with a rat trap stuck to his tongue in a few days.

IMG_4057.jpg

I'm putting the Steely Dan on Pandora and lighting some candles.. It's romantic dinner time Mickey! Come on in and sit down. Best service in town with a kick ass final course.

Taboma

Reaction score
Looks like a baby or small pack rat. Since he's not in the trap, what happened, did it trip, flip up and hit him in the head :headscratch::D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks like a baby or small pack rat. Since he's not in the trap, what happened, did it trip, flip up and hit him in the head :headscratch::D

I don't know how it got him, but it did.. I think he was coming around front to go through the garage door again and stopped for a snack. :D Lucky thing is I'm gonna clean that trap off, and reset it. :D Save myself a couple bucks.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Side Note.. Becareful with these big traps if you are setting them after drinking beers all night with your insurance guy. :D

RD

500bbc

Reaction score
I think we all overlooked something here in this thread, Mickey is a mouse not a rat...

Until he moved to the inner city started dealing crack got busted and played CYA.:p

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
They like to run right along the wall edge so put traps there. And keep them up at your end of the street.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
PENUT BUTTER ON A RAT TRAP..FROM HOME DEPOT TOMCAT BLACK ONE I GET A RAT A MONTH IN MY GARAGE...JUST MAKE SURE ITS HIDDEN BEHIND WHERE A DOG CANT GET HIS NOSE.......ALONG A WALL YOU WILL GET HIM OVER NIGHT View attachment 587327

These things are great. Killed more chipmunks around here than I can count..... Get a couple, but be sure you wire it to something or they may run off if its not a kill shot.
I lost 2 traps before I figured that 1 out.
I've caught them only by the knuckle on their wrist and they cant pull out of it. In case you only snag it.