WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2FF's 270 Hallett for sale?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Obviously Steve is super pissed at me about banning him here.. but I heard from a friend that reads all the BS that it has handling problems and he's super unhappy with it. That said I'll still take it Steve if you want to sell it. I'm a little lower then 49 though. I'm all about fixing handling problems. Seems to be a trend for all the boats my mom has owned so far. :D

I still think it's amazing that the guy can't even post here anymore and his game is so strong they still somehow manage to end up in the lounge.. :D He truly is the master.

RD

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Obviously Steve is super pissed at me about banning him here.. but I heard from a friend that reads all the BS that it has handling problems and he's super unhappy with it. That said I'll still take it Steve if you want to sell it. I'm a little lower then 49 though. I'm all about fixing handling problems. Seems to be a trend for all the boats my mom has owned so far. :D

I still think it's amazing that the guy can't even post here anymore and his game is so strong they still somehow manage to end up in the lounge.. :D He truly is the master.

RD

They just haven't banned him from CL yet.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
2FF = Steve = Hey LAM, right?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
2FF = Steve = Hey LAM, right?

Yes..

And I'm sure this stupid thread will go 20 pages just because of that. LOL Some people live for this shit. I'm not one of them.

I am serious when I say I'll buy the boat though, but 49K.. Fuck that. I'll put a public offer of 40.. If the boats got handling problems and all the other shit he described it ain't worth 50K .

NicPaus

Reaction score
That is a solid offer Dave at $40K. The 1 previous owner posted on GD if you want to refer back to the for sale listing. Steve tried to improve it like he always does but if it had true issues I am sure original owner would not have put that many trouble free hours on it over 18 years.

rrrr

Reaction score
Wait until Craig starts getting calls at 5AM.

LMAO...

RD, you put up with the nonsense a lot longer than was necessary. It's funny people still post here about his moves, it's like they are members of a teenage girl Frankie Avalon admiration society.

Oh, Frankie! :rolleyes

l84theriv

Reaction score
Yes..

And I'm sure this stupid thread will go 20 pages just because of that. LOL Some people live for this shit. I'm not one of them.

I am serious when I say I'll buy the boat though, but 49K.. Fuck that. I'll put a public offer of 40.. If the boats got handling problems and all the other shit he described it ain't worth 50K .

RD

Dont forget it had yellowing on the deck. Sorry RD just had to add to the mayhem. LMAO.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That is a solid offer Dave at $40K. The 1 previous owner posted on GD if you want to refer back to the for sale listing. Steve tried to improve it like he always does but if it had true issues I am sure original owner would not have put that many trouble free hours on it over 18 years.

I don't know the original guy.. I know Steve though, and I was told (didn't see personally) that he didn't like it.

Granted that ain't saying much.. but 40 seems about right to me, and I'll make a run at fixing whatever's wrong with it for that #.

If there's "whamo" plates on the transom I'm gonna deduct fiberglass work to fix that and call it 39,500.

RD

l84theriv

Reaction score
Good call RD pulling this from the Lounge. I couldnt stand another full blown thread of a bunch of bullshit. All kidding aside Im in at 35K.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
There's a whamo plate. But as far as I know he's got it handling much better. Ghost ride ready. He just posted he had a blast at mead over the weekend im surprised its for sale...sorta

Heylam

Reaction score
That's a beautiful boat. I hope you end up with it RD.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
RD you do know he cut the out drives all to shit right? Keep that in mind with your 40k offer.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
I don't know the original guy.. I know Steve though, and I was told (didn't see personally) that he didn't like it.

Granted that ain't saying much.. but 40 seems about right to me, and I'll make a run at fixing whatever's wrong with it for that #.

If there's "whamo" plates on the transom I'm gonna deduct fiberglass work to fix that and call it 39,500.

RD

what is a "whamo" plate?
Steve would sell it 4 less than your offer to someone else just to spite you. LoL

boat527

Reaction score
Yes..

Hes definitely is in fine form over on another site.. Even told one guy he take an "almost" straight trade for a 210...who knows, he may consider a Schiada with a small block.

Either way, by observing his history with boats, he will never be happy and whatever he gets will be for sale soon...

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Are all 270's bad handlers? Or just this particular boat?

I would love a 270 with twin supercharged LS motors

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
There's a whamo plate. But as far as I know he's got it handling much better. Ghost ride ready. He just posted he had a blast at mead over the weekend im surprised its for sale...sorta
Add that up. They're always the baddest mofo right before the for sale sign goes on.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
No lightbar, no black wheels or tacky addons?
20bbdbe34e413a26200f5b490680632d.jpg

Done-it-again

Reaction score

RD

Was just posting the Hallett for sale like I always do, and just happened to be his. I'm not on for BS and that wansnt my intention.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I always thought it would be cool to cut the open bow smaller than normal(you only need room for 4 people up there) so you still could have a full size bed in the mid cabin for overnighters.

Still do a sink and tv.

Throw a bow cover on it for trips to Powell.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I always thought it would be cool to cut the open bow smaller than normal(you only need room for 4 people up there) so you still could have a full size bed in the mid cabin for overnighters.

Still do a sink and tv.

Throw a bow cover on it for trips to Powell.
I like where your head is at!

Runs2rch

Reaction score
People that want an open bow mid cabin, buy an open bow mid cabin!!!!

Don't ruin a perfectly good closed deck!!!!

Yes Steve cut the cav plates off of the drives. Also running 2 inch spacers. Reason why he cut the cav plates.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Should I offer him a trade for my Howard straight up?? My boat is worth $35k-40k and he said he wants smaller. What issues does this 270 have??

I don't know why, but he doesn't like your motor

Runs2rch

Reaction score
That is his exact reason, even though tons of people have had hundreds of trouble free hours with them.

Maintained they will run 1500 or more hours.

All Merc racing packages are designed to use some oil. Stated in the manual. Up to one quart in 10hrs.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
That is his exact reason, even though tons of people have had hundreds of trouble free hours with them.

There was a story about your first trip out I think. I don't know though I have a pretty bad memory. But yea something with oil. Don't even remember why it came up but I'm going to hurt myself trying to remember 😂

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
There was a story about your first trip out I think. I don't know though I have a pretty bad memory. But yea something with oil. Don't even remember why it came up but I'm going to hurt myself trying to remember 

Yeah, we were running hard up the gorge and almost ran it dry. Came off plane and heard knocking. Thought I hurt the motor, but as soon as we idled past the 40 bridge it stopped.

Boat ate 2 quarts at Pirates, another 2 at Topock and another 1 the next morning. Had the boat serviced after that and he did a leak down. Clean bill of health. Scared the shit out me for a second.

Now I carry extra oil with me and if we were running hard the trip before, I always add a quart the next time out and check my dip stick.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Yeah, we were running hard up the gorge and almost ran it dry. Came off plane and heard knocking. Thought I hurt the motor, but as soon as we idled past the 40 bridge it stopped.

Boat ate 2 quarts at Pirates, another 2 at Topock and another 1 the next morning. Had the boat serviced after that and he did a leak down. Clean bill of health. Scared the shit out me for a second.

Now I carry extra oil with me and if we were running hard the trip before, I always add a quart the next time out and check my dip stick.

Damn good thing you caught it. My buddies schiada is the same when he runs it hard

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

How many quarts do you add in a weekend trip? Unless you were low on oil to start with, thats not normal!

I've had my 502 (same motor) eat 1 quart in a day running hard, but that was before i switched oils. It would absolutely eat Mobil 1 synthetic at an alarming rate. Switched to regular Castrol 20w50 GTX, and now it runs 3-4 TRIPS in between me adding a quart.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hes definitely is in fine form over on another site.. Even told one guy he take an "almost" straight trade for a 210...who knows, he may consider a Schiada with a small block.

Either way, by observing his history with boats, he will never be happy and whatever he gets will be for sale soon...

Schiada is worth a lot more than this 270.

Was just posting the Hallett for sale like I always do, and just happened to be his. I'm not on for BS and that wansnt my intention.

No worries man it's all good.

People that want an open bow mid cabin, buy an open bow mid cabin!!!!

Don't ruin a perfectly good closed deck!!!!

Yes Steve cut the cav plates off of the drives. Also running 2 inch spacers. Reason why he cut the cav plates.

What does running two inch spacers have to do with the cav plate? Why the fuck would someone butcher up the drives?

RD

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Schiada is worth a lot more than this 270.

No worries man it's all good.

What does running two inch spacers have to do with the cav plate? Why the fuck would someone butcher up the drives?

RD
Says it side rocks on the top end because of the drive plates "grabbing" ??
1d821e62ac5eb915a709a096470d2758.jpg