WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2FF's 270 Hallett for sale?

hallett21

Reaction score
I'm not even sure how you would unfuck that.

Buy new lowers. Be interesting to see how it runs. I saw it run at mead looked good out of the hole and crushing around 50. No idea what it felt like

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yeah you would have to buy new cases for sure. Boat looks great. Someone will he very happy with it I'm sure.

Best of luck on the sale 2FF

Runs2rch

Reaction score
What does running two inch spacers have to do with the cav plate? Why the fuck would someone butcher up the drives?

RD[/QUOTE]

The spacer pushed the cav plate of the drive below the bottom of the boat causing drag.

USMC2010

Reaction score
What does running two inch spacers have to do with the cav plate? Why the fuck would someone butcher up the drives?

RD

The spacer pushed the cav plate of the drive below the bottom of the boat causing drag.[/QUOTE]

I followed his conversation on that when he did it. I'm not a boat expert at all but Fk! It was a goat rope and I wouldn't buy something that heavily "tweaked" in the manner which it was.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
The spacer pushed the cav plate of the drive below the bottom of the boat causing drag.

I followed his conversation on that when he did it. I'm not a boat expert at all but Fk! It was a goat rope and I wouldn't buy something that heavily "tweaked" in the manner which it was.[/QUOTE]

Steve screws with stuff like he designed the boat trying to get something else out performance wise he believes is there, but is not.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Schiada is worth a lot more than this 270.

No worries man it's all good.

RD
What's it worth? I think I've asked before but don't remember. I was guessing 40-50k? And that because it belonged to River fucking Dave

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
The bilge drain is [emoji108][emoji108]
IMG_0407.jpg

hallett21

Reaction score
What's it worth? I think I've asked before but don't remember. I was guessing 40-50k? And that because it belonged to River fucking Dave

Here we go lol. Queue cheerleaders and haters

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Just curious. 2 motors vs 1 and 27' vs 21'. Just trying to understand is all.

Not sure this is the right place for that discussion Vic.. but to answer your question I could offload it pretty quick for Mid to High 50's. Lee offered to take it in at 60 earlier this year. The laundry list of reasons of why it's worth that much is way to long to list here. If you're legitimately interested I'll happily explain it all out in another thread.

If I was looking to ditch it, I have a couple buyers at 55K ready to go. Who knows though, that's what they always say, but I've never put em to the test.

RD

hallett21

Reaction score
Just curious. 2 motors vs 1 and 27' vs 21'. Just trying to understand is all.

I think the beauty is in the eye of the beholder here.

Problem is 2FF messed with those lowers so 99% of buyers are thinking it needs new lowers and to remove the spacer. R2R had a 270t. He can probably chime in on proper setup.

hallett21

Reaction score
Not sure this is the right place for that discussion Vic.. but to answer your question I could offload it pretty quick for Mid to High 50's. Lee offered to take it in at 60 earlier this year. The laundry list of reasons of why it's worth that much is way to long to list here. If you're legitimately interested I'll happily explain it all out in another thread.

If I was looking to ditch it, I have a couple buyers at 55K ready to go. Who knows though, that's what they always say, but I've never put em to the test.

RD

I know you bleed schiada. But if you can actually get 60 then seems like you should do it.

You could buy coin toss and get a 21-24ish boat. And still have a toon lol

Edit: not coin toss sorry. Got the prices mixed up with another vector for sale.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

RD
I think that would be a pretty cool thread. i had never heard of schiada before here so I always like to see how they've gotten their reputation. Ive boated a long time but I'm still pretty new to "performance boating"

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think that would be a pretty cool thread. i had never heard of schiada before here so I always like to see how they've gotten their reputation. Ive boated a long time but I'm still pretty new to "performance boating"

If you for a ride in a legit Schiada the picture becomes pretty clear pretty quick. ;)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A mild Big block Schiada would be like 800HP right??? Twin turbo of course.

No like a 496HO..

Less weight in the transom they perform a lot better with the small block. Ride flatter like a v drive as well.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Well mine is a 500 i/o, so guess I made a 50k mistake. Should of got me a small block [emoji202]

Oh if ur counting , 1 here

I don't think there's a person around that would pick a small block over yours.....well except RD I guess. A big block screams "legit" much louder than a small block does (at least to me)

milkmoney

Reaction score
I don't think there's a person around that would pick a small block over yours.....well except RD I guess. A big block screams "legit" much louder than a small block does (at least to me)
I agree. I have rode in rds boat, and I think it's a nice boat, and that was before I bought mine. I would never say different [emoji202]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well mine is a 500 i/o, so guess I made a 50k mistake. Should of got me a small block [emoji202]

Oh if ur counting , 1 here

Your boat is bad ass Dave.. but for a 21 and an I/O configuration with medium power the small block does run better than a big block.

Even with the small block I had to add short fixed cav plates etc to Balance the boat.

Ignorance is bliss..

2 but in a 24 so I guess that would categorize as "less than mild" power [emoji106]

Guess we can start the " non legit schiada regatta " we got two so far [emoji202]

24's carry the weight in the transom a lot better than the 21's do.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
How many quarts do you add in a weekend trip? Unless you were low on oil to start with, thats not normal!

I've had my 502 (same motor) eat 1 quart in a day running hard, but that was before i switched oils. It would absolutely eat Mobil 1 synthetic at an alarming rate. Switched to regular Castrol 20w50 GTX, and now it runs 3-4 TRIPS in between me adding a quart.
None. I usually go a couple weekends and then add one to be safe. I have been using Lucas 20w50 and it's been fine.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
so where did it go????? oh, and thanks for all the nice comments,... like I say," you never really know who your friends really are,... but you always find out...

so dave,.. after buy'n and driving this hallett,... what did you have to do to the drives,.. and how did it handle???? when I got it it was a dangerous boat over 450 mph,... the old owner said they never drove it over 450 mph....lol

HCP3

Reaction score
so where did it go????? oh, and thanks for all the nice comments,... like I say," you never really know who your friends really are,... but you always find out...

so dave,.. after buy'n and driving this hallett,... what did you have to do to the drives,.. and how did it handle???? when I got it it was a dangerous boat over 450 mph,... the old owner said they never drove it over 450 mph....lol

450 MPH?! No wonder it had handling problems.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
when I got it it was a dangerous boat over 450 mph,... the old owner said they never drove it over 450 mph....lol

450 MPH. 👍
For once there is just no argument against calling it the "Baddest MOFO on the Water".

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
wonder if it ever got un fucked???? I know dave did nothing... and I know how it handled when I got it... and I know the previous owner claimed they never drove it over 40 mph, and I know it ran and handled great when I sold it...