WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pine Flat Lake - CA

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
A buddy hosted me on his houseboat at Pine Flat Lake this past weekend. It was my first trip. Never knew the place existed. Beautiful lake with spectacular conditions for skiing. Big change from the congestion on the Strip during busy summer weekends. One of the highlights was watching an Osprey fly by the boat with a trout in its talons. Highly recommend going!
20170915_070244.jpg 20170915_073458.jpg 20170915_125503.jpg 20170915_125655.jpg 20170915_152543.jpg 20170916_111459.jpg 20170916_111519.jpg 20170916_123615.jpg 20170917_062115.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Awesome lake. A bit of a drive but well worth it. We camped and skied there a lot back in the day. Thanks for the pics! [emoji106]

Meaney77

Reaction score
A cool lake. I have friends that have places up there and go up all of the time. The only thing I didnt care for was their was no day beaches and you are married to being on your boat all day.

The same friends who all live close to me always ask me how I can stand the drive to LHC. The drive isnt that much shorter to PF from where we live. I like the river and Havasu.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
A cool lake. I have friends that have places up there and go up all of the time. The only thing I didnt care for was their was no day beaches and you are married to being on your boat all day.

The same friends who all live close to me always ask me how I can stand the drive to LHC. The drive isnt that much shorter to PF from where we live. I like the river and Havasu.

I was more concerned about the lack of floating bars!:boo:

But the night life on the houseboat slips was a good time! Tight dock community like "Cheers" bar.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Pine Flat is closed.

So soon will be most of Canada's lakes!

[video=youtube_https;nh_tMHc64PE]https://youtu.be/nh_tMHc64PE[/video]

Beginning of the season where we pepper our ski friends up North with videos and pics!

rightytighty

Reaction score

Double edged sword right there. You are exactly right. Because of dropping water levels all summer, there aren't consistent beaches so it's not super pleasant for day use. The flip side is, because it discourages day use, the lake is never crowded and if you like smooth water and water sport, it's frickin' awesome. The Lake has double lane launch ramps only. I have never waited more than 5 minutes to pick up the boat at the end of the day. And we boat on holidays.

I was more concerned about the lack of floating bars!:boo:

But the night life on the houseboat slips was a good time! Tight dock community like "Cheers" bar.

We never stay in the docks. Too damm hot. We take the party with us! Glad you had a good visit. Were you on Firefly or Insane Assylum? Lots of Skyskiers in their groups.

oldschool

Reaction score
Double edged sword right there. You are exactly right. Because of dropping water levels all summer, there aren't consistent beaches so it's not super pleasant for day use. The flip side is, because it discourages day use, the lake is never crowded and if you like smooth water and water sport, it's frickin' awesome. The Lake has double lane launch ramps only. I have never waited more than 5 minutes to pick up the boat at the end of the day. And we boat on holidays.

We never stay in the docks. Too damm hot. We take the party with us! Glad you had a good visit. Were you on Firefly or Insane Assylum? Lots of Skyskiers in their groups.

Smooth water and no lines aren't for everyone.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score

It was mild temps and buddy offered to take the houseboat out but we hit the easy button and stayed at the docks. Yes, hooked up with some other foilers... Great group of folks at the Marina...

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
We used to go to Pine Flat often in the 60's, 70's, but then in the 80's they ran out of water and it was a ghost town for years, started going to Havasu and never looked back. But those were fun times with the flat bottoms. Kept the pontoon boat at Trimmer Marina until they closed it and then at Lake Ridge.
Nice lake, I do miss it.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
[video=youtube_https;Yp2dSx7DEws]https://youtu.be/Yp2dSx7DEws[/video]

Canada call out #2