WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ho Lee Fuk, Loatian Dam Fails causing mass destruction

2Driver

Reaction score
Somebody is in a lot of trouble

Letsride22

Reaction score
Do you guys ever watch things like this and wonder wtf the people involved were thinking? I know it's easy to speculate from my office chair but i can tell you without hesitation I would have been out of the vehicles and running my ass off for high ground at the first sight of something like this happening.

Hondo-407

Reaction score
Harrowing footage has emerged of a dam that failed in the Xaysomboun Province of Laos, sending construction workers running for their lives.

According to government news agency KPL, the Nam Ao Hydropower Project was currently under construction when it broke on Sept. 11, flooding lower lying farmlands.

Officials of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment are currently investigating the cause of the failure, but it is believed that heavy rains damaged a sub-reservoir, which caused the dam to break. The main reservoir was not affected.

The dam was still under construction at the time of the failure, and approximately 85 percent to completion. Construction began in 2015.

Thankfully, there have been no reported injuries or deaths from the flood. The Vientiane Times reports that seven villages were affected by the flooding, but no homes were seriously damaged.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Dude straight ghost riding the scraper blocking everyone else....

Cars don't seem like the best option...get out and run for the hills/cameraman

No shit right? He flat fucked those two guys that may have been able to drive out.

IF I lived through it Id kick that guys ass.

agreed - They shoulda been humping as high up the hill as they could go.

UD

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
C wat happen wen not owdaw flom menu

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
My wife is actually from Laos; something you don't hear too often. She escaped from the communist country with her family when she was three and lived in refugee camps until she was seven. Her father joined the US Army and she went through all the proper channels to become a US citizen as well.

Laos is a bass ackwards country. I am surprised they even have a grader. LOL! Most of the roads are dirt except in the capital, very little electricity, good water etc. We have planned on visiting some of her family, but I don't know if I am that adventurous.

500bbc

Reaction score
Surprised no one noticed the OP spelled Ree incorrectly.:rolleyes

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Surprised no one noticed the OP spelled Ree incorrectly.:rolleyes

Spelled correctly you just pronounced it wrong :p

[video=youtube;17GbGmDORwk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17GbGmDORwk[/video]

Competent journalism at it's finest lol