WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Salsa Recipes

"NOEXCUSES"

Reaction score
So you guys got any good ones? Fell free to post them here. It can be a directory of sorts. I searched but not much came up. Thanks in advance.

77eliminator

Reaction score
Ingredients:
1 large onion (sliced in half)
3-5 Large Jalape?os (stems removed)
1/2 cup X-Hot Fresh Hatch Green Chile or any other New Mexico green chile variety
2 large tomatoes (sliced in half)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
salt* to taste
Instructions:
Turn on barbecue grill to a medium-high heat and place each half of onion and tomatoes, flat side down on the grill. Place jalape?os and green chiles directly onto grill without cutting them. Turn chiles and jalape?os till they are evenly blistered on every side. Place all vegetables on a plate. Transfer green chile to cold water and remove skin and seeds. Add green chile, cilantro, tomatoes, jalape?os and onion to food processor or blender. Allow food processor or blender to roughly chop the vegetables, may a second or two. I like mine chunky. If you desire yours to be a finer consistency, run the processor or blender a bit longer.

"NOEXCUSES"

Reaction score
Pretty similar to what I did but I swapped tomatillos for the onion. The Jalaps I used were pretty warm so I left out the green chili. We buy it buy the bushel and roast peel freeze it. Have it all year. Probably used a little more cilantro than that cause i like it lol. Thanks

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Add Serrano chiles for a lil more of a bite than just jalapenos. :thumbsup

Hypnautic

Reaction score
12-14 tomatoes
IMG_2174.jpg
IMG_2175.jpg
IMG_2177.jpg
IMG_2178.jpg
Squeeze lime and add salt as desired.
IMG_2179.jpg
Forgot a pic of the red onion(1) and white onion (2). But this pic also gives you a idea of the chopped size.
IMG_2180.jpg

Turns into this!!!
IMG_2181.jpg

We prefer a fresh salsa.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
A good start is SW canned Mexican style tomato's. Then add your onion peppers etc. Quick and very good.