WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Steelers skip National Anthem???

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Sad.

All the more reason to avoid watching "grown ass men" chasing around a ball.

Yup, I'm here at the strip with my 6leaker cleaning up this months bracket runs....

They played both the American and Canadian National Anthems.....NOTONEMUTHERFUCKERSITTINGTAKINGAKNEEORWEARINGTHEIRHAT

The fags can keep acting like fags...afterall its their right:grumble:

Singleton

Reaction score
I get your right to protest. The meaning behind the FLAG is what gives you that right!
Stand for the National Anthem, period.
All these professional athletes needs to set examples for the younger kids. The example should be stand and figure out a way to make thins better off the field

milkmoney

Reaction score
Here we go again. I agree , be a role model to the children that look up to you , not be a child cause......
Well u can answer in ur own words
[emoji202]

Oh ya, I can't remember the last time I watched a pro football game and I damn sure won't start. Real hockey fans don't watch American football.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Pretty frickin easy at my house, show an asshole kneeling for the anthem and change the channel. I will not support the NFL or their sponsors. I guess MLB is doing it too. It's their right to protest, and it's my right not to watch or support. The flag and the anthem deserve the respect of those that paid the ultimate sacrifice, or that are willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms. If they want to disrespect our country, flag and anthem that's their choice. But don't disrespect the people that fought for your right to do it. The lone Steeler that went out and stood for the anthem showed the courage that this country is found on.

Here is a list of companies that will no longer be supported by me or my family. The only one that is going to bother me is Verizon, but it's probably time for a new phone any ways.

SPONSOR CATEGORY
SINCE
Gatorade (PepsiCo) Isotonic beverage
'83
Visa Payment systems services
'95
Campbell?s Soup Soup
'98
FedEx Worldwide package delivery service
'00
Frito-Lay (PepsiCo) Salted snack/popcorn/peanuts/dips
'00
Mars Snackfood Chocolate/non-chocolate confectionery
'02
Pepsi (PepsiCo) Soft drinks
'02
Dairy Management Inc. Dairy/milk/yogurt/cheese
'03
Bridgestone Tire
'07
Gillette/Head & Shoulders/
Vicks/Old Spice (Procter & Gamble) Health/beauty/household products brands
'09
Verizon Wireless telecommunication service
'10
Barclays Affinity card/rewards program (NFL Extra Points)
'10
Papa John?s Pizza
'10
Castrol Motor oil
'10
Anheuser-Busch Beer
'11
USAA Insurance/military appreciation
'11
Bose Home theater system
'11
Courtyard by Marriot Hotel
'11
Xbox (Microsoft) Video game console/interactive video entertainment console
'11
Quaker Oats (PepsiCo) Hot cereal
'12
Tide/Duracell (Procter & Gamble) Household cleaning/battery power
'12
Lenovo Computers (desktop, laptop and computer workstations)
'12
McDonald's Restaurant
'12
SAP Cloud software solutions/business & business analytics software
'12
Surface/Windows (Microsoft) Sideline technology/tablet/PC operating system
'13
CoverGirl (Procter & Gamble) Beauty
'13
Zebra Technologies Player-tracking technology
'14
TD Ameritrade Personal investing/online brokerage/wealth management
'14
Extreme Networks WiFi analytics provider
'14
Nationwide Insurance Insurance
'14
Hyundai Auto
'15
Dannon Yogurt

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
http://nypost.com/2017/09/24/lone-s...cker-room-without-team-during-anthem-protest/

Pittsburgh Steelers players ? except for one ? stayed in their locker room in Chicago on Sunday while the national anthem was performed before the game.

West Point graduate and Pittsburgh offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva stood at the end of the tunnel with his hand over his heart as ?The Star-Spangled Banner? played before the Steelers-Bears game at Soldier Field.

The one who served stood alone. Wonder if any of his entitled team mates gave him shit, looks like he could woop some ass as a ex Army Ranger.

Alejandro Villanueva did 3 tours with the Army. :thumbup:

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Here we go again. I agree , be a role model to the children that look up to you , not be a child cause......
Well u can answer in ur own words
[emoji202]

Oh ya, I can't remember the last time I watched a pro football game and I damn sure won't start. Real hockey fans don't watch American football.

as usual....yore speakin my language!

73mandella

Reaction score
Taken from Yahoo - Dustin Long,NBC Sports:

Car owner Richard Childress was asked before Sunday's race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway what the policy was for his team if someone kneeled for the anthem.

"Get you a ride on a Greyhound bus when the national anthem is over," Childress said on pit road. "Anybody that works for me should respect the country we live in. So many people gave their lives for it. This is America."

Note: Dale Earnhardt earned 6 of his 7 championships driving for Richard Childress.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Taken from Yahoo:

Car owner Richard Childress was asked before Sunday?s race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway what the policy was for his team if someone kneeled for the anthem.

?Get you a ride on a Greyhound bus when the national anthem is over,?? Childress said on pit road. ?Anybody that works for me should respect the country we live in. So many people gave their lives for it. This is America.??
AMEN [emoji106] [emoji202]

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Let's hope it is for real.

We need some folks to step up for what's right.

Brian

Taken from Yahoo:

Car owner Richard Childress was asked before Sunday?s race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway what the policy was for his team if someone kneeled for the anthem.

?Get you a ride on a Greyhound bus when the national anthem is over,?? Childress said on pit road. ?Anybody that works for me should respect the country we live in. So many people gave their lives for it. This is America.??

4Waters

Reaction score
They keep saying Trump wants to decide us, the fucking idots have already forgotten that the piece of shit Colin Kaepernick started this last year before Trump was elected president under Obama's watch the real divider of the United States. All Trump wants to do is get everybody standing side-by-side United once again.

4Waters

Reaction score
Had Germany won World War II these pieces of shit wouldn't have this job, they'd be speaking German living in a 10X10 room making the same money as everybody else in the communist world five bucks a day. Stand up for the national anthem

milkmoney

Reaction score
They keep saying Trump wants to decide us, the fucking idots have already forgotten that the piece of shit Colin Kaepernick started this last year before Trump was elected president under Obama's watch the real divider of the United States. All Trump wants to do is get everybody standing side-by-side United once again.
Funny how the other side forgot all that. But it was ok then cause the POTUS was black too [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji202]
Had Germany won World War II these pieces of shit wouldn't have this job, they'd be speaking German living in a 10X10 room making the same money as everybody else in the communist world five bucks a day. Stand up for the national anthem
Hitler would of taken one country at a time and not try to defeat the whole continent of Europe, we would all be living in deucthland....
[emoji202]

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
If the sport doesn't involve an internal combustion engine I don't watch it. Been that way for over 20 years. Fuck them stick and ball sports and all the fucking asshats that play and watch them. Several friends don't miss a game and then complain about them making so much money and now not standing for the national anthem. My answer is always, quit watching them, I'm the only one who gets to complain, I don't watch them. That goes over like a turd in a punch bowl. It always reminded me of the Roman days when all the well to doers were in the stands watching the slaves get eaten by the lions only now there's no lions and the slaves are making bank.

milkmoney

Reaction score
[emoji202] tapatalk_1506303366014.jpeg

73mandella

Reaction score
Many years ago during a concert in England, Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks was bashing President Bush. Radio stations stopped playing their music and their career took a huge hit from which they have still not fully recovered. I will never buy any of their CDs or go to their concert. I personally will not watch or buy a movie that has Jane Fonda in it (Vietnam War) and that goes for Tim Robins too (anti-President Bush rhetoric). I'm only one person, but that's how I react to high profile people (actors, athletes, etc.) who use their positions and publically disrespect something I believed in. What would happen if stadiums were only half full and people stopped buying hats and jerseys?

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
The kneeling has overshadowed the issue they claim to kneel for.....If they want to make a difference on the original issue, go into the communities with the problems and solve them. Give time and some of that money used to buy personal extravagances, back to the communities.

The majority of these athletes have been coddled and given far too much. They fail to realize the reason they are in the professional leagues making big bucks, God given talents. The second thing they fail to see is their lame protests are directed at the symbol that represents their right to protest and rights to make the huge paychecks made possible by their physical gifts.

That flag represents brave persons that fought for the freedoms this nation enjoys. It flies because of the ultimate sacrifices given to keep it flying free. Use that freedom wisely and rather than kneel disrespecting it, stand tall and respect it further by making personal sacrifices to right the wrongs being claimed......That's what real men and women do in America.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Looks like the coach of the Steelers is a little upset over Villanueva standing for the anthem.

From the article:

"Al was cool with it, with whatever we went through. He was on board. That's Al, man," Hubbard said. "He's a good guy."

Villanueva has previously spoken out about former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick?s decision to sit and kneel during the national anthem, saying his actions may ?send the wrong message.?

?I don?t know if the most effective way is to sit down during the national anthem with a country that?s providing you freedom, providing you $16 million a year...when there are black minorities that are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan for less than $20,000 a year," Villanueva told ESPN in 2016.

He added: ?I will be the first one to hold hands with Colin Kaepernick and do something about the way minorities are being treated in the United States, the injustice that is happening with police brutality, the justice system, inequalities in pay. You can?t do it by looking away from the people that are trying to protect our freedom and our country.?

Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe also told ESPN he would be standing during the national anthem Sunday because he wanted to be "paying tribute to the men and women who have given their lives for our freedom."

"I stand because I respect the men who died in real battle so I have the freedom to battle on the field...but everyone these days likes to find a reason to protest and that?s their right," Wolfe told ESPN, according to The Washington Post.

Old Texan

Reaction score
How many of the players taking a knee ever think, "What would Pat Tillman do?"

To me Tillman made the ultimate sacrifice by not just making a hollow protest, but giving up the game he played to serve and defend the meaning of the flag that represents the USA and her freedoms.:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

I think of Pat Tillman an awful lot and am embarrassed by athletes who forget his decision.:( RIP to a great American.

DLC

Reaction score
The players are getting paid a ton to play a game and the national anthem is part of the game!

If they choose to not participate in any part of the game then its time to say good by !!

They have plenty of time in the off season to protest.

I have turned off the NFL ! And the Chargers can kiss my ass, C-ya

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
The players are getting paid a ton to play a game and the national anthem is part of the game!

If they choose to not participate in any part of the game then its time to say good by !!

They have plenty of time in the off season to protest.

I have turned off the NFL ! And the Chargers can kiss my ass, C-ya

:thumbup::thumbup:

ikester

Reaction score
These players are lucky enough to be able to play the game and get paid for it. And they can because of they have the 'freedom' to do so. So the very flag and country that allows them this freedom, they disrespect. I bet many of them cant even spell 'National Anthem'.

Respect is a two way street and they are not giving respect to the flag, country, the game, the fans and their teammates. I give no respect to them.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
These players are lucky enough to be able to play the game and get paid for it. And they can because of they have the 'freedom' to do so. So the very flag and country that allows them this freedom, they disrespect. I bet many of them cant even spell 'National Anthem'.

Respect is a two way street and they are not giving respect to the flag, country, the game, the fans and their teammates. I give no respect to them.

Hell, most of them have direct deposit because the can't endorse the back of a check!!:finger:finger:finger

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Update:

Football fans across America were clamoring for the jersey of Pittsburgh Steelers offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva on Monday, a day after the former Army Ranger broke team orders by being the only player to come out of the locker room for the national anthem.

Villanueva, who stood alone while "The Star-Spangled Banner? was being played Sunday in Chicago, currently has the #1 selling jersey on the NFL?s web store, ahead of top players including Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Derek Carr.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/...lanueva-for-standing-for-national-anthem.html

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
The National Felon League still gets that money....

Update:

Football fans across America were clamoring for the jersey of Pittsburgh Steelers offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva on Monday, a day after the former Army Ranger broke team orders by being the only player to come out of the locker room for the national anthem.

Villanueva, who stood alone while "The Star-Spangled Banner? was being played Sunday in Chicago, currently has the #1 selling jersey on the NFL?s web store, ahead of top players including Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Derek Carr.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/...lanueva-for-standing-for-national-anthem.html

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Tim Tebow bent a knee to honor God and the NFL attacked him. Said he shouldn't bring his opinion to the game. They mocked him.

What about when the Cowboys wanted to wear a sticker for the fallen cops of Dallas after a BLM supporter killed them? Nope, can't do that says the NFL!!! :finger

We all know where they stand, pussy ass PC owners that have no balls! :finger:finger:finger:finger

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Old Texan

Reaction score
http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/07/news/companies/colin-kaepernick-donating-money-jersey-nfl/index.html

According to the agreement between the NFLPA, the players' union, and the league, players gets two-thirds of the money made by selling jerseys. The other third goes to the union -- and some of that goes into a pool for all NFL players.

I've always favored the majority of NFL merchandise sales go into the pension fund favoring players with disabilities from their careers and inability to earn after retirement.

Even after addressing that issue to a point, the NFL and NFLPA can still do more for those who didn't make the big money and live with hardships.

I've seen guys who can barely walk. Others like Earl Campbell had to fight to overcome meds abuse. We were at a LA fishing camp and Dick Butkus was there as a guest of the owner. He had to be literally lifted into and out of the boat.....These guys paid the price to give the fans great Sunday afternoons well before big money was the norm. They're among many that struggle just to live a somewhat normal life.:(

Old Texan

Reaction score
Try using your place of work as a platform for your political views, see how long you stay employed. Well, unless you own the business.

They certainly take a dim view at ESPN and CNN as we've seen recently......As far as a business owner, they open themselves up to protests and picketing. Chik-fil-A and Hobby Lobby come to mind.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
What about when the Cowboys wanted to wear a sticker for the fallen cops of Dallas after a BLM supporter killed them? Nope, can't do that says the NFL!!! :finger

We all know where they stand, pussy ass PC owners that have no balls! :finger:finger:finger:finger

Players were also denied placing Breast Cancer Awareness stickers on their helmets as well...... :mad2:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Boths sides are a bunch of ass clowns here.

Politics and sports are analogous to politics and actors.
Nobody pays either to tell us their personal opinions about politics - and very few want to hear them on game day or at showtime.

Are they sending the message about their unhappiness in regards to the current establishment? their country at large? The way blacks are treated by police?

Just what is the unified message ?

Or now are they saying FU to trump trying who feels the need to comment on how everyone elses should manage their business and shooting off his mouth about firing people he doesn't like?

Either way it looks like the owners are losing control of their teams and message.

Whatever their message they aren't communicating it either vey well, or in unison making themselves look bad.

As for the Donald.
I don't want to hear my president talking about what guys are doing in sports -WTF Don - there is bigger shit to worry about than you feelings about sports teams behavior- get back to work - like you said you would when you called everyone else lazy. You arent on the apprentice anymore and don't get to say who should be fired outside of your own wheelhouse where you clearly have your own work to do - hoss.

Personal opinions don't have a place on the job, after hours on you are on own- don't use your jobs bullhorn(jemele/ NFL players) , or your office (trump) as a broadcast channel for your personal opinion puking.

UD

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
"The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states:

'The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition....It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses'."

Owners have turned their backs and choose to ignore their own regulations......

Hey Owners.... as you say, "we're judging".....what you gonna do when WE turn our backs on YOU?