WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RZR Cage Shoutout

Marine Industries West

Reaction score
I wanted to share my cage experience on my 4 seat RZR. It's not often that I am completely stoked on the results of doing business with someone. So I like to give credit where credit's due and maybe this info will help out a fellow offroader.

I've been cage hunting for a year, and while there is a ton of stuff out there, I didn't want to travel far and I didn't want my car to be down for 6 months waiting for someone to fab a cage. I talked to alot of friends in the offroad industry and the boat industry and no one really had any solid suggestions of where to go.

I was combing thru Craigslist one day and I found a RZR for sale that really looked nice. In the add, it mentioned that the car was equipped with a cage from Toys for Big Boys. I looked these guys up and found that they were located in Riverside. They had quite a few options and pictures on their website which was helpful. I called and spoke to Kevin. Nice guy, informative and helpful. I wanted to order the cage, and figured I'd have to give a deposit. Nope. He said I sounded trustworthy. He told me he'd call me in 3 weeks and I'd be able to bring the car in for installation.

Sure enough 2 weeks and 4 days later, Kevin called and the cage was ready. I brought the car down at noon on Tuesday and the car was ready for pickup Wednesday night. When I showed up, the quality of the cage was beautiful. The fit and finish and the powdercoating was very nice. I can't think of the last time I actually told someone, thank you so much, it was a real pleasure doing business with you.

From the different prices I had been previously quoted from other shops, I was very happy with the price on this project. For $1950.00 I got a nicely constructed cage, light bar, rearview mirror, tin roof, installation including thru-tube wiring. Professional results with a friendly staff and delivered before schedule.

Attachments

• IMG_1136.JPG
    IMG_1136.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_1138.JPG
    IMG_1138.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 253

boatnam2

Reaction score
Kevin did my cage, solid product for the price, he had a car in his shop the day i was there that had rolled 4 or 5 times and i was pretty amazed how well it held up.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Ya, Its primarily just the marine industry that sucks balls with sch's and doing what they say :p

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
I was going to make a thread myself. I?ll just add on this one.

I knew going into the sand show who I wanted to build my cage (Kevin), but I went trying to see if anyone could sway me.

Ended up going with Kevin on an 8point setup. Absolutely love it. A little custom (about an inch higher) and some tabs for future additions. Absolute love it and it installed with very little effort.

Can?t wait to get the TMW doors coated white. Whole car should come together then!!

IMG_2243.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Kevin was great to work with when he ordered me a twisted stitch booster seat. His prices are very fair.