WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2015 Silverado Leveling Kit?

MCnParker

Reaction score
Anyone on here done a leveling kit on a newer Silverado? Who's did you use? I am on the fence about it, I like the idea of utilizing something like the Bilstein 5100 series leveling shocks, but how do they compare to just a spacer. I am not going to be doing any serious off road driving, just getting the dirt bikes out to the dirt for the Boys, and I hate the look of it the way it sits now.

Thanks in advance for any experiences or advice.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Not a Silverado but on my Tundra, I first put a 2 inch spacer up front to level it. I went almost 100k miles on it but it gave it a more floated feel with a great increase in body roll in turns. Recently I took them off and used some 2.0 Fox Coilovers on and wow what a difference. More controlled turns, feels more planted. My advise is don't do the spacers. If money is an issue just wait and save.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Under strut spacer works great, super easy install. I have a 17 still running the Rancho's. They revalved them from 14-16. I'm going to run them a little longer.

My dad has a 15. I have the under struts and 5100's on that. 5100's set at stock height. They ride really rough bumped up. Ride is good with them. Firmer, but positive and controlled.

Or If you want to spend more the Halo Lifts coilovers are supposed to ride well.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Not a Silverado but on my Tundra, I first put a 2 inch spacer up front to level it. I went almost 100k miles on it but it gave it a more floated feel with a great increase in body roll in turns. Recently I took them off and used some 2.0 Fox Coilovers on and wow what a difference. More controlled turns, feels more planted. My advise is don't do the spacers. If money is an issue just wait and save.

Strut spacers either being top or lower mount get a bad wrap when going too large.

2 inch max the ride is great no different than factory at all. Tires play a key role in this also. Weight, size, rating and psi.

I'm running 285/65/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. E rated at 42 psi. Truck rides and drives great. I am really picky about ride quality. Reason I haven't pulled the trigger on coilovers or control arms yet.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Strut spacers either being top or lower mount get a bad wrap when going too large.

2 inch max the ride is great no different than factory at all. Tires play a key role in this also. Weight, size, rating and psi.

I'm running 285/65/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. E rated at 42 psi. Truck rides and drives great. I am really picky about ride quality. Reason I haven't pulled the trigger on coilovers or control arms yet.

I would agree to an extent. The ride was the same up and down but not side to side if that makes sense. For me the fox 2.0 non res coilovers were perfect because I needed replacement shocks, wanted the truck to remain level, and all of its miles were on the road.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I would agree to an extent. The ride was the same up and down but not side to side if that makes sense. For me the fox 2.0 non res coilovers were perfect because I needed replacement shocks, wanted the truck to remain level, and all of its miles were on the road.

I have never owned a Tundra. Silverado's and F150's, Tahoe's mainly.

On the new Silverado platform the ride to me is improved. Due to the tires for sure. Factory GY rubber is crap.

The Fox 2.0's are great. Same with the OE kings, and Icon's. Just the price and if someone just want's a little height the Bilstein 5100's and strut spacer work really well together. Much improved off the pavement also.

MCnParker

Reaction score
So you are running the 5100's at stock height with which spacer? They all seem to be pretty much the same, but the prices vary. I too am worried about ride quality so I don't want to go backwards in that department. I was originally going to put new rims, and tires but I have since decided to just put new tires on the stock rims, I have the 17" so my options for tires are fairly wide open I hope.

I have never owned a Tundra. Silverado's and F150's, Tahoe's mainly.

On the new Silverado platform the ride to me is improved. Due to the tires for sure. Factory GY rubber is crap.

The Fox 2.0's are great. Same with the OE kings, and Icon's. Just the price and if someone just want's a little height the Bilstein 5100's and strut spacer work really well together. Much improved off the pavement also.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I did the lower spacers on my wife's 2014 2 wheel drive.

Ride is still good running Toyo rt's.

There are better more expensive ways to go but I'm happy with how it sits and the price point for a street truck. IMG_0876.jpg

MCnParker

Reaction score
What kind? who installed them? I am too lazy to do it myself anymore, plus it needs an alignment anyway.

There are better more expensive ways to go but I'm happy with how it sits and the price point for a street truck. View attachment 592209

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
What kind? who installed them? I am too lazy to do it myself anymore, plus it needs an alignment anyway.

I see you are in Fullerton. A buddy of mine has a shop near Knotts Berry Farm and he does leveling kits, wheel/tires, alignments, etc.

Check him out, here is his personal truck which has a spacer (2014 4x4 Silverado 1500 with towing bags in the back which raises the rear end up about 1-1 1/2'')

Top Notch Performance
Address: 8470 W Cerritos Ave # B, Stanton, CA 90680
Phone: (714) 484-0264

His name is Shawn, let him know Brad sent you.

Attachments

• 20170915_150508_1505513134753.jpg
    20170915_150508_1505513134753.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 296

Runs2rch

Reaction score

There are better more expensive ways to go but I'm happy with how it sits and the price point for a street truck. View attachment 592209

What size tire are you running?

The spacers are super easy to install. No way would I pay to have them installed. Even the 5100's were easy.

MCnParker

Reaction score
What size tire are you running?

The spacers are super easy to install. No way would I pay to have them installed. Even the 5100's were easy.

It's not a matter of being easy, it's a matter of time. I need new rubber so I figured now the time, and the tire shop we bought from for my wife's car owes me so I am going to get the to install while putting on the new tires.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
It's not a matter of being easy, it's a matter of time. I need new rubber so I figured now the time, and the tire shop we bought from for my wife's car owes me so I am going to get the to install while putting on the new tires.

I hear you. The 5100's with lower strut spacer are a nice upgrade for the money over stock.

River918

Reaction score
I see you are in Fullerton. A buddy of mine has a shop near Knotts Berry Farm and he does leveling kits, wheel/tires, alignments, etc.

Check him out, here is his personal truck which has a spacer (2014 4x4 Silverado 1500 with towing bags in the back which raises the rear end up about 1-1 1/2'')

Top Notch Performance
Address: 8470 W Cerritos Ave # B, Stanton, CA 90680
Phone: (714) 484-0264

His name is Shawn, let him know Brad sent you.

What size tires are you running?