WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rayson LP Turbo'd LS

carykard

Reaction score
Finally finished my Rayson LP, it's a 1970 with a Turbo'd LS. 5.3ls, Borg Warner S366 turbo and controlled by a Holley HP EFI. Runs and drives great, still working on the tuning to get it just right.
IMG_1459.JPG IMG_1485.JPG IMG_1488.JPG IMG_1475.JPG IMG_1479.JPG IMG_1259.JPG

thetub

Reaction score
very cool

how do you like the holley efi?

:thumbsup

carykard

Reaction score
I like the Holley efi. I have a small off idle stumble that I'm tuning on but I'm getting there. I'm running the boost at 6# right now on the spring but have only pushed it to about 2# so far. It's pretty stout as the boost comes up but the Holley is controlling everything well. I'm using the small Holley controller screen as my gauges and it works well also.
FullSizeRender.jpg

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
very cool and surprised this hasn't been done before.

Backlash

Reaction score
I'd like to hear more about this setup as well. Stock motor?? What kind of numbers are you seeing??? What a badass setup!!

MOUZER

Reaction score
even ol mouzer is digging that...wow

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
A wide band O2 sensor, are you looking at 12.2's-12.5's when on boost ?

How do you like that intercooler ? G

Love the work you have done .....

carykard

Reaction score
It is a stock 75,000 mile 5.3 out of a wrecked truck, I did put a Howard's asa cam in it, some springs and a ls? Intake. The AFR is good except for right off idle, still tuning on it. I've only had it to about 2# of boost and the afr is fine. It's pulling real hard as it goes into boost but I'm taking it easy while I'm making sure everything is good. My O2 sensor is after the turbo and the exhaust is real short, don't know if that's causing a problem. I added some more fuel to the tune tonight and I'll try it tomorrow. The intercooler seems to work well, it's the only one I could find to fit just right. I did all the work; floors, paint, engine, exhaust, plumbing, seats and trailer. Any questions just ask. I'll take more video tommorow and post it.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
As to where the O2 sensor should be placed .

My buddy who does serious Turbo Bikes, said put it before the turbo, and use TWO (V8 motor) .

I called Innovative (the brand of O2 I have) and they said to mount the (Bosch) sensor 24" behind the turbo, and no less than 24" from the end of the tailpipe . Even though it is a "self heating" sensor, they said it will be confused if ANY outside air (ambient temp) is allowed to go back up the pipe (during deceleration ?) and upset the hot flow past the sensor .

Do you have to do a "throttle position sensor adjust", a "too lean idle adjust", or a "map, steady state adjust", to cure the "flat spot" you have ?

Can you see if the problem is active at the same RPM at steady state throttle opening ? Is the problem happening while the boat is "getting onto plane" ? Load - map at that speed/RPM ?

Does the ECU have a "accelerator shot bleed down time" ? Holding this "shot of fuel" a little longer, may cure the flat spot, without changing any other settings .

Good luck . G

AJDEAN955

VDRIVE ROW DESTROYER...
Reaction score
very cool deal, I had an LS3 in my old 21 jet day cruiser that was pretty fun. Ran hard and never gave me any issues.

carykard

Reaction score
Done a good bit of tuning and riding today. Took some video and a couple pics. Thought this was cool, its my son today and about seven years ago in my LS powered Hallett.
[video=youtube;Y3I9dO72HTE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3I9dO72HTE[/video]
[video=youtube;uhASJ7RGfGU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhASJ7RGfGU[/video]
IMG_1608.JPG 1775.jpg hw1.jpg

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Bad ass man!:thumbsup

Once you get it tuned let the kid film...I want to see a few pedal down passes! :D

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
Looks like you are making progress. Love these LP's!!!

Steve

BadBehavior

Reaction score
beautiful boat......................................needs hatch cover