WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Not Welfare!!!!!!

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
President Trump said Monday that some Americans are abusing the country's welfare system while others may not be getting benefits they're entitled to and he wants to straighten it out.

"Some people are taking advantage of the system. We are looking very, very strongly, therefore, at welfare reform," Trump said at the White House as he met with his cabinet.

www He'sUnhinged .com :drnkfr

saucedaddy

Reaction score
President Trump said Monday that some Americans are abusing the country's welfare system while others may not be getting benefits they're entitled to and he wants to straighten it out.

"Some people are taking advantage of the system. We are looking very, very strongly, therefore, at welfare reform," Trump said at the White House as he met with his cabinet.

www He'sUnhinged .com :drnkfr
I know 3 who are abusers and they all vote R religiously?:headscratch:

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
I'm waiting for drug testing for welfare. I had to get tested to make the money. I want those fuckers tested

I used to think so as well, until it hit me.....What are we going to do with them when they FAIL the test?........

Let em starve to death?
Put em in over crowded jails and release others to make room?

What's the answer? Outlook not good ;)

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I used to think so as well, until it hit me.....What are we going to do with them when they FAIL the test?........

Let em starve to death?

Let em starve

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

Let em starve to death?

Then they wind up in some treatment for their real issue, whatever the case may be, drug addition, mental illness, drug addiction BECAUSE of mental illness....

Rather than be a drain on society and a drain on LE resources.

Brian

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Then they wind up in some treatment for their real issue, whatever the case may be, drug addition, mental illness, drug addiction BECAUSE of mental illness....

Rather than be a drain on society and a drain on LE resources.

Brian

Treatment would be a MUCH BIGGER drain.......not cost effective in comparison and I can't imagine the relapses....revolving door....

Perhaps we should go back to providing basic food commodities vs EBT/Food Stamp cards, delivered at a predetermined distribution location and offer..... Peanut butter, bread, rice, crackers etc.........if you want Nutter buddies....get a FUCKIN JOB! Now this I LIKE!

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Treatment would be a MUCH BIGGER drain.......not cost effective in comparison and I can't imagine the relapses....revolving door....

Perhaps we should go back to providing basic food commodities vs EBT/Food Stamp cards, delivered at a predetermined distribution location and offer..... Peanut butter, bread, rice, crackers etc.........if you want Nutter buddies....get a FUCKIN JOB! Now this I LIKE!

Id much rather fund a SOLUTION, not the symptom.

Wakebrdr94

Reaction score
I have to ask, because 7 states have at some point adopted a policy of drug testing in order to receive welfare benefits. Of these 7 states, had less than 1% of recipients test positive for a non prescribed drug. While the national average in roughly 9% for those who use some form of non prescribed drug, testing in these states shows a much lower average among people on welfare.

Could it be that people who rely on welfare are hardworking people that aren?t paid enough to get by? Not just drug abusers? They?ve tested in some states and the data does not support they are lazy drug users.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
I have to ask, because 7 states have at some point adopted a policy of drug testing in order to receive welfare benefits. Of these 7 states, had less than 1% of recipients test positive for a non prescribed drug. While the national average in roughly 9% for those who use some form of non prescribed drug, testing in these states shows a much lower average among people on welfare.

Could it be that people who rely on welfare are hardworking people that aren?t paid enough to get by? Not just drug abusers? They?ve tested in some states and the data does not support they are lazy drug users.

Interesting! Not sure about the other states, but here in Alabama this is not an all inclusive program;

The Alabama legislature passed SB 63 and Governor Bentley signed it into law on April 10, 2014. The bill requires applicants for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families and certain recipients upon reasonable suspicion of illegal substance use to undergo drug screening,...

It appears here in Alabama they first inject an element of the "Authorities" discretion....... therefore the numbers are somewhat fuzzy. The proof in the pudding would be a 100% all inclusive testing program.

Wakebrdr94

Reaction score
Don?t you wonder what qualifies as ?reasonable suspicion?? The majority of people I know in my area drive nice cars, live in expensive houses, and would not pass a drug test if they fell on hard times and needed to apply tomorrow.

From Oct ‘15 - Dec ‘16
Alabama started testing last year. The public information manager for the state Department of Human Resources told ThinkProgress that there were 28,447 applications between October 2015 and December 2016 for Family Assistance, the state’s TANF program. They noted that about 50 percent of caseloads were children with no adults, and so only “approximately 14,224 of these applications would be subject to the drug screening policy.” With an comparatively tight screening process, just three were required to take a drug test, at a cost of about $50 a piece. Zero applicants tested positive in that time, while two didn’t follow through on the drug test.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Don?t you wonder what qualifies as ?reasonable suspicion?? The majority of people I know in my area drive nice cars, live in expensive houses, and would not pass a drug test if they fell on hard times and needed to apply tomorrow.

From Oct ?15 - Dec ?16
Alabama started testing last year. The public information manager for the state Department of Human Resources told ThinkProgress that there were 28,447 applications between October 2015 and December 2016 for Family Assistance, the state?s TANF program. They noted that about 50 percent of caseloads were children with no adults, and so only ?approximately 14,224 of these applications would be subject to the drug screening policy.? With an comparatively tight screening process, just three were required to take a drug test, at a cost of about $50 a piece. Zero applicants tested positive in that time, while two didn?t follow through on the drug test.

3 tested out of 14,224 = .021% We just as well not have this program :rolleyes

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I know 3 who are abusers and they all vote R religiously?:headscratch:

Why does this automatically become a democrat versus republican issue for some of you? It's a question of right and wrong. A question of contributing to society or being a drain on it. D or R is irrelevant here.

Solution to the welfare problem? Make contributions to the program voluntary. Every year when you file your taxes, you check the "Yes, I would like to contribute to the welfare program" box and indicate how much you'd like to chip in. That way, those of you who feel so sorry for those in need of welfare can get your satisfaction of helping out without dragging the rest of us into it.

The program would no doubt see a sharp decrease in funding and drive some renewed effort into making sure that those who do receive it are actually in need of it. It would also likely set a time frame for how long someone is able to receive it. Problem solved.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I like this part...because there are legitimate folks who need help.

We can't just take a hatchet and start hacking away.

Reform needs to look at everything holistically.

We've had a couple folks working for us that can only make so much money or they lose a portion of their "benefits". Rather than just work the hours we can make available and drop their "benefits" as they can be self sustaining, they choose not to. I cannot handle this attitude and they have taken their "work plan" elsewhere.

I've found this pattern to be fairly common unfortunately.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
If they fail a drug test they go straight to a labor camp/farm. Make them pay for their keep. They get tested multiple times in the camp, if they fail another month gets added. When they get out they get tested soon after, if they fail they go to jail for being on drugs while being employed by the state (welfare recipient). The cost of the program would pay for itself with the work done by this labor and the produce grown by this group and sold. Also start an agricultural training program.

It's a win/win deal.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I'm not all that sold on drugs being a major issue with many cases of welfare abuse. The money may be used to buy drugs by someone in the same household, but the actual recipient is clean and would pass testing.

I have personally be told by some shady folks how they cheat the system and it's more a matter of multiple ID's and other fraud. Drugs are the least of the issue.

A guy I worked with told of an aunt who collected on her mother's benefits for a number of years after the lady died. They just did not file the death certificate as I assume is required to stop benefit checks. They carried on with whatever needed to be reported for the entire time. Hearsay to me, but the guy was pretty straight on these deals when he trusted people like myself and a couple other guys.

Wakebrdr94

Reaction score
We've had a couple folks working for us that can only make so much money or they lose a portion of their "benefits". Rather than just work the hours we can make available and drop their "benefits" as they can be self sustaining, they choose not to. I cannot handle this attitude and they have taken their "work plan" elsewhere.

I've found this pattern to be fairly common unfortunately.

Isn?t this an issue their hourly wage? Or what their employer is paying them? Let?s say they make $10 an hour, if they worked another 10 hours, and earned $100, that?s probably less than what they would get on their benefits. I?m not saying the system is perfect, but there are many people working 40+ hours a week who can?t make it.

So if this is the case, it becomes a minimum wage issue. Then that opens up a whole other can of worms. I wish I had the answers, but it?s more complicated than just thinking one is lazy

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Isn?t this an issue their hourly wage? Or what their employer is paying them? Let?s say they make $10 an hour, if they worked another 10 hours, and earned $100, that?s probably less than what they would get on their benefits. I?m not saying the system is perfect, but there are many people working 40+ hours a week who can?t make it.

So if this is the case, it becomes a minimum wage issue. Then that opens up a whole other can of worms. I wish I had the answers, but it?s more complicated than just thinking one is lazy

I'm starting to think that the ? mark deal is some sort of badge?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

It goes far beyond a wage issue to the core, people don't learn shit in school to succeed and be self supportive anymore.

They are channeled into a system that is collapsing, there is no health/driver's ed programs anymore, they completely dismantled the ROP structure that taught people that they had MANY avenues to be successful.

Now they want everyone to go to college and learn about tolerance, micro aggression, and racism perpetuated by our OWN Liberal teaching staff who are, in my opinion, shitting the bed.

We need a resurgence in teaching real life skills as well as the new tech, so that the ones that fall out of the system can be redirected.

IMO giving people cards and shit to remove the "shame" of standing in line to get your pound of cheese, 2 gallons of milk, and 2 loaves of bread, was a HUGE fuckup.

Those that need the help are not motivated to do better.

saucedaddy

Reaction score
Why does this automatically become a democrat versus republican issue for some of you? It's a question of right and wrong. A question of contributing to society or being a drain on it. D or R is irrelevant here.

Solution to the welfare problem? Make contributions to the program voluntary. Every year when you file your taxes, you check the "Yes, I would like to contribute to the welfare program" box and indicate how much you'd like to chip in. That way, those of you who feel so sorry for those in need of welfare can get your satisfaction of helping out without dragging the rest of us into it.

The program would no doubt see a sharp decrease in funding and drive some renewed effort into making sure that those who do receive it are actually in need of it. It would also likely set a time frame for how long someone is able to receive it. Problem solved.
You do know you are posting in The "Political" section, right?:headscratch::smackhead

squeezer

Reaction score
Solution to the warfare problem? Make contributions to the program voluntary. Every year when you file your taxes, you check the "Yes, I would like to contribute to the warfare program" box and indicate how much you'd like to chip in. That way, those of you who feel so sorry for those in need of warfare can get your satisfaction of helping out without dragging the rest of us into it.

This is a fantastic idea...

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
You do know you are posting in The "Political" section, right?:headscratch::smackhead

No, I hadn't noticed. Thanks for clarifying.

Typical lib, focus on the conflict and create drama instead of solving problems. What's your solution? Continue to have hard working people contribute the money they worked for to a failing program that is consistently abused and produces little positive result?

saucedaddy

Reaction score
No, I hadn't noticed. Thanks for clarifying.

Typical lib, focus on the conflict and create drama instead of solving problems. What's your solution? Continue to have hard working people contribute the money they worked for to a failing program that is consistently abused and produces little positive result?
My solution is ......More regulation.;)

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Much like alcohol...government is the cause of, and apparently the solution to, all of our problems LOL

To quote the genius Ron Swanson:
"Son, there's no wrong way to consume alcohol"...

[video=youtube;j0YdqFPbSpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0YdqFPbSpc&feature=share[/video]

NicPaus

Reaction score
Can see why so many hate trump. "Making America Work Again" , nothing is free in this World. I have neighbors that never work have nice SUVs and 3rd vehicle's some nice hot rods. They eat Filet on a regular basis thanks to there EBT cards.

The one bumper sticker at Lumber yard. "Make welfare as hard to get as a building permit". You can get a EBT card and free phone in a day. Took 2 years to get building permit for a simple house addition I am working on.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Can see why so many hate trump. "Making America Work Again" , nothing is free in this World. I have neighbors that never work have nice SUVs and 3rd vehicle's some nice hot rods. They eat Filet on a regular basis thanks to there EBT cards.

The one bumper sticker at Lumber yard. "Make welfare as hard to get as a building permit". You can get a EBT card and free phone in a day. Took 2 years to get building permit for a simple house addition I am working on.

All truth.

Yellowboat

Reaction score

It took me 38 months too get permission too repaint a historic dinner. The same color scheme as it wqs with built in the 20s. I had easier times. Putting modern ada.features on national historic places... hell repainting the stanford mansion in sacramento(national historic place) only took 3 months too get approval. Most of which was because the city of Sacramento was chipping in funds and had too wait 7 weeks. After we got that I put the sign up about the biering on it, 20 mins and walked out with thier blessing.