WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

stealth stereo installs

sintax

Reaction score
Curious what you guys have done or seen. The new boat i'll be picking up wont have anything installed, but i'm not sure I want to go your traditional route. I think i'd need a stereo, but I dont want it visible, or very little be visible.

I'm thinking I might want to try something without a traditional head unit. I think I could get buy with maybe a raspberry pi with a HIFI card (RCA Out). Run this into an amp, and preout into a sub amp. Pretty simple setup, 4 speakers and a sub? The Pi would net me WIFI and Bluetooth, and I could obviously plug in a 128gb USB stick for media.

All of this could be tucked away under the dash in a pelican type waterproof box.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
What about the one that fit in a gauge spot?

sintax

Reaction score
What about the one that fit in a gauge spot?

Yea i've seen those, not super info that, but its certainly an option.

I was doing some research last night and it looks like the raspberry PI is totally an option. Found a decent linux distribution that works as a media center (Pi Music box). I should be able to setup an ad-hoc network using the built in wifi, control it from my iphone. Seems like a fun project right now, but likely wont tackle it this year.

blue2184

Reaction score
IMG_4235.jpg

I have this wired to my amp and just a led lit rocker switch to turn my amp off and on... works like a champ from your iPhone! And the led rocker switch lets you remember to turn your amps off once you are done... had to add that later... [emoji4]

sintax

Reaction score
View attachment 593620

I have this wired to my amp and just a led lit rocker switch to turn my amp off and on... works like a champ from your iPhone! And the led rocker switch lets you remember to turn your amps off once you are done... had to add that later... [emoji4]

nice man!, thats the kinda bare bones / stealth setup i'm thinking about.

I would certainly play around with that, and at $15 you could afford to.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
If you use your phone, does the music stop when you get a call? My calls seem to be routed to my bluetooth speaker... LOL, everyone gets to listen in till I hit the right button to drop the connection...