WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

We want you to stand, but it's okay if you don't

73mandella

Reaction score
Roger Goodell: NFL wants all players to stand for anthem, won't make them

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Clear a spot in the field for the "National" Felon League to auger in. ;)

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
He lacks the authority under league rules, which don't make standing a requirement.

And the CBA doesn't allow rules changes after training camp starts.

The league could make it a rule for next year, though.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Why do you care?

Let's SPIT IN YOUR FACE in the name of PROTESTING INEQUALITY ! How do YOU like it ?

YOU should be all IN for "spitting in your face" since that act could be CLAIMED to be a method of protest by a number of people who "claim that the act is not an insult to your face, our flag or this country" .

To be so perverted, unfeeling and disrespectful to "take a knee" when the US flag and the National Anthem are being presented to the assembled people , is just like a spit in the collective face of this country .

I have never been a fan of "ball sports", so it would please me to watch the National Felon's League go completely out of business, and take all those "protesting losers" into the unemployment line .

Then I would suggest that this country start the "National Patriots League", hiring ONLY VETERANS .

Hire and train those patriots who have shown this country, and the world, what it takes to be "the best of the best" .

Choose patriots who can deliver when it counts, and reject the wife beaters, druggies, murderers, animal abusers, and all the felons who now pervert the current NFL . (and other pro sports)

Wearing the corporation owned team uniform, and then protesting on game/work day, on TV, in public, would NEVER BE ALLOWED AT YOUR JOB !

How do these losers continue to get away with this ? ..................

spectras only

Reaction score
Let's SPIT IN YOUR FACE in the name of PROTESTING INEQUALITY ! How do YOU like it ?

The answer for your question is, "why do you care", as per RodnJen ;) 50% of the people in your divided country obviously agree with his point.;):skull

squeezer

Reaction score

YOU should be all IN for "spitting in your face" since that act could be CLAIMED to be a method of protest by a number of people who "claim that the act is not an insult to your face, our flag or this country" .

To be so perverted, unfeeling and disrespectful to "take a knee" when the US flag and the National Anthem are being presented to the assembled people , is just like a spit in the collective face of this country .

I have never been a fan of "ball sports", so it would please me to watch the National Felon's League go completely out of business, and take all those "protesting losers" into the unemployment line .

Then I would suggest that this country start the "National Patriots League", hiring ONLY VETERANS .

Hire and train those patriots who have shown this country, and the world, what it takes to be "the best of the best" .

Choose patriots who can deliver when it counts, and reject the wife beaters, druggies, murderers, animal abusers, and all the felons who now pervert the current NFL . (and other pro sports)

Wearing the corporation owned team uniform, and then protesting on game/work day, on TV, in public, would NEVER BE ALLOWED AT YOUR JOB !

I would venture a guess that if you asked 100% of those vetrans why they wore the uniform it would be to protect the right of those who wear a different uniform to bring awareness to the challenges faced by others.

Further I can?t remember a time when kneeling was a symbol of disrespect. Some kneel in prayer, it?s customary to go down on one knee to ask you soon to be wife for her hand in marriage. ? I?m on my knees here...? is pretty universal in meaning I am humbling myself before you...

The uproar here is not about disrespecting the flag, vetrans, the country or anything else. The uproar is over the fact that it?s working...

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I would venture a guess that if you asked 100% of those vetrans why they wore the uniform it would be to protect the right of those who wear a different uniform to bring awareness to the challenges faced by others.

Further I can?t remember a time when kneeling was a symbol of disrespect. Some kneel in prayer, it?s customary to go down on one knee to ask you soon to be wife for her hand in marriage. ? I?m on my knees here...? is pretty universal in meaning I am humbling myself before you...

The uproar here is not about disrespecting the flag, vetrans, the country or anything else. The uproar is over the fact that it?s working...
Dude, you have some serious issues if you believe that load of crap.

terrax2

Reaction score

Another washing machine response. Put it on spin cycle until you think you made sense.

It is customary in this COUNTRY to stand for the national anthem. Mainly to represent what unites us in the greatest country on earth.

According to your logic it's ok to beat women because in some parts of the world it's ok.

This unpatriotic display is only working to divide this once great county. It is right out of the leftist playbook.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
The uproar here is not about disrespecting the flag, vetrans, the country or anything else.

The uproar from the American people canceling NFL game packages and businesses turning off NFL games and boycotting NFL sponsors is completely based on disrespect of the Flag's Anthem and the brave heroes that defended that Flag.

The players feel they have an issue to protest but have found out that issue does not supercede the symbol of America.

The NFL doesn't know whether to shit or wind their watch on this one. Food for thought: The NFL will not take a stand on an act that to 1,000's of fans disrespects the Nation's Symbol, but they will fine a player that adorns their team uniform with a protest statement of some sort, like writing BLM on their league mandated acceptable footwear or helmet. In doing so, does the NFL place their organization above the Nation that allows the the ability to exist in a favorable business climate.

Maybe it's time for the Nation, which includes the states, cities, and counties that in large part provide them with sweetheart deals on venues and infrastructure to take away the profits/revenue they keep from those deals. And to charge the teams for the costs incurred to provide LE at the events and other support. ie-Traffic control, security, etc.

The NFL owes far more to the nation than the nation owes the NFL. That being said it only stands to reason the NFL needs to work things out with their employees to respect the "hosts" who have made their very existence possible.

If we the people really want to end all protests, let's get together and send demands to our Congressional representatives to remove the NFL's Antitrust Exemption. Talk about getting the owners' attention. Players would not only stop kneeling during the anthem, they'd be standing the entire game while on the sideline.:skull
https://www.newsmax.com/LarryKlayman/nfl-national-anthem-trump-antitrust/2017/09/25/id/815560/

RodnJen

Reaction score
The better question is why don't you care?

Because it's none of my business.

There you go getting played like a $3 fiddle.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Because it's none of my business.

And there you have it, on a platter.
If it isn't in my driveway, it doesn't matter to me.
We see this trend from most of the left on here.

Their brethren will scream in the streets and cry and beat people who disagree.
Yet when it comes to the other shoe..."it's none of my business".

Btw Rod, if you don't care why are you posting?

RodnJen

Reaction score
Nice spin Tommy, good morning.

Because it is a classic example for riling up people who are begging to be led and redirecting anger or self-proclaimed patriotism elsewhere.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
He lacks the authority under league rules, which don't make standing a requirement.

And the CBA doesn't allow rules changes after training camp starts.

The league could make it a rule for next year, though.

They can make it a rule if they want too. They just don't want too. Rather it is union rules or not, they can do it. It is very simple, the players can stand or be suspended. At that point the players could either take it too court or boycott, both will make them look like even bigger ass holes then they already are. The nfl just does not have the balls to do it. Remember the baseball roid bs in congress? Just think of the shit that would go down if congress gets envoled over this crap. If that happens the nfl players and nfl themselves could be in a world of hurt.

Ps why is the nfl a nonprofit corporation? Yanking that alone would solve all the problems.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

Because it is a classic example for riling up people who are begging to be led and redirecting anger or self-proclaimed patriotism elsewhere.

Self-proclaimed?

How is it that you get to decide what constitutes actual Patriotism?

Did you type that while sitting on your washer? :p

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

You're talking about the players, right?
And good morning to you! Yes, I've been perusing the handbook!

Old Texan

Reaction score

Then there are those of us who have honest feelings and traditional values instilled into us on how we address things like the flag of the USA.

My father was a WWII veteran and taught me at a very young age what the Flag and the Anthem stood for. He explained about war and how the nation was formed around what that Flag stood for.....I'm far from alone in this regard.

Your post and the nonchalant way you call using the Flag and Anthem, "as a classic example.....", tells us you have not heard a veteran's view of what respect for the nation's defenders actually means. I'm sad for you.....

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Then there are those of us who have honest feelings and traditional values instilled into us on how we address things like the flag of the USA.

My father was a WWII veteran and taught me at a very young age what the Flag and the Anthem stood for. He explained about war and how the nation was formed around what that Flag stood for.....I'm far from alone in this regard.

Your post and the nonchalant way you call using the Flag and Anthem, "as a classic example.....", tells us you have not heard a veteran's view of what respect for the nation's defenders actually means. I'm sad for you.....

Yeah.
My dad was Combat Control, lifer.
He would be the first to say they have every right to kneel, and the first in line to boycott and ban the NFL in his house.

He didn't get mad (well, at least not violently) about flag burners, he got real sad over the ignorance.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Yeah.
My dad was Combat Control, lifer.
He would be the first to say they have every right to kneel, and the first in line to boycott and ban the NFL in his house.

He didn't get mad (well, at least not violently) about flag burners, he got real sad over the ignorance.

My Old Man would have suggested finding away to fuse their assholes shut. Give them some perspective on the misuse of turds.:skull

Andy B.

Reaction score
Am I missing something guys? It states in the NFL rules you will stand holding your helmet in your left hand and your right over your heart..

pronstar

Reaction score
They can make it a rule if they want too. They just don't want too. Rather it is union rules or not, they can do it. It is very simple, the players can stand or be suspended. At that point the players could either take it too court or boycott, both will make them look like even bigger ass holes then they already are. The nfl just does not have the balls to do it. Remember the baseball roid bs in congress? Just think of the shit that would go down if congress gets envoled over this crap. If that happens the nfl players and nfl themselves could be in a world of hurt.

Ps why is the nfl a nonprofit corporation? Yanking that alone would solve all the problems.

They can absolutely make it a rule...NEXT YEAR.
The CBA, which governs player conduct, doesn't allow ANY rule changes after training camp begins.

The LEAGUE OFFICE used to be non-profit, but no longer is since 2015.
The TEAMS that generate income have always been for-profit.

Am I missing something guys? It states in the NFL rules you will stand holding your helmet in your left hand and your right over your heart..

The rules don't state that.
This is from the operations manual for the league, nothing in the player rulebook (which governs the players under the CBA) mentions anything about the anthem.:
"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

As a legal document, "should" and "may" are not the same as "must" and the players union, and their attorneys, know this.

They "may" be fined...they also may not be.
They "should" stand on the sidelines but aren't required to.

thetub

Reaction score
The CBA, which governs player conduct, doesn't allow ANY rule changes after training camp begins.

This is from the operations manual for the league, nothing in the player rulebook (which governs the players under the CBA) mentions anything about the anthem.:
"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

As a legal document, "should" and "may" are not the same as "must" and the players union, and their attorneys, know this.

funny you posted this...

"should" and "shall"

our city attorney is using these exact words to cover up RFP certain bids that "should" or "shall" go out to bid...

per wording they do not have to, but ethically and morally(which politicians do not have) they should...

same per NFL morons which per wording do not have to , but by all accounts SHOULD...

"Shall" is the term which should mean they should... or "have" to

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

Verbiage is "should" stand, not "will" stand.

Everyone knows what is the meaning of "is" is. ;)

When I tell my kids what they "should" be doing, the little bastards know XXXXAAAAACTLY what I mean. :)

Fucking lawyers.....

Old Texan

Reaction score
Should and shall are common terms used in OSHA and ANSI documents.

Should stands for it is recommended.

Shall stands for it must be done.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

Yea?

It is recommended. Noted.

Well apparently you need to tell my father that as well, because it was a definition I learned abruptly. ;)

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

Further...I imagine OSHA said "it is recommended", and someone gets hurt doing something that was recommended and they didn't take said "advice", some heads are gonna roll.

buck35

Reaction score
I look forward to when these fools sign their next contract at substantially less than they had counted on , due to lost revenue from TV , ads and whatnot. When will they figure out its fans and fans alone that pay their way?

Andy B.

Reaction score

Thanks for clearing that up...May or may not pretty clever!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Why do you care?

Because I am proud of the country I live in and the people that fought for it. It's all about respect for the flag it's self and what it represents. Do you even know the story behind the anthem and how and why it was written??

Yes, people fought for freedom of speech, to have to right to protest and say what they want without fear from reprisals, but...

IMHO to disrespect the Anthem, is to disrespect the fight that was fought for that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So go ahead and protest. Do whatever the fuck you want. Just don't do it during the National Anthem that represents your right to do that.
So fucking sad that you and so many others just can't figure that out. :finger

O say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

I get chills when I hear this sung. It speaks to my heart. It speaks to my soul. It brings a tear to my eye almost every time.

So sad that it does nothing for you and the other idiots, that will never feel the power of these awesome words. So fucking sad that you feel it's none of your business.

With all due respect, it truly must suck to be you.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Because I am proud of the country I live in and the people that fought for it. It's all about respect for the flag it's self and what it represents.
YesI get chills when I hear this sung. It speaks to my heart. It speaks to my soul. It brings a tear to my eye almost every time.

You and me both pal.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Because I am proud of the country I live in and the people that fought for it. It's all about respect for the flag it's self and what it represents. Do you even know the story behind the anthem and how and why it was written??

Yes, people fought for freedom of speech, to have to right to protest and say what they want without fear from reprisals, but...

IMHO to disrespect the Anthem, is to disrespect the fight that was fought for that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So go ahead and protest. Do whatever the fuck you want. Just don't do it during the National Anthem that represents your right to do that.
So fucking sad that you and so many others just can't figure that out. :finger

O say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

I get chills when I hear this sung. It speaks to my heart. It speaks to my soul. It brings a tear to my eye almost every time.

So sad that it does nothing for you and the other idiots, that will never feel the power of these awesome words. So fucking sad that you feel it's none of your business.

With all due respect, it truly must suck to be you.

Respect noted and I'm just fine. We clearly see this situation differently.

Joker

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how do you react when you tell a member of the military how you?re against the protest stuff and they in turn state it doesn?t bother them at all?
I?m curious if this was just one persons view or the view of many that serve or have served?
I was stumped

jet496

Reaction score
The NFL can F off, most are just a bunch of pussy ass jocks with no respect for our country only themselves. I thought I would never say this, but I have zero desire to watch them anymore.

Good riddance.

brgrcru

Reaction score
I just spent a few days on the Parker strip.
I see the American flag on River Homes and on top of mountain tops.
Seen them there for years. It gives me the chills every time I see one.
I thank god , everyday for my parents (rip) having the courage to come to this country in the 50's with nothing. become US citizens asap. Create a life style for there family. Through hard work dedication and being super proud Americans .
Being Americans and the flag meant everything to them.
God Bless this Country and those that have died for it.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
We watched the end of the game.
Holy shit never seen anything like that!
4 consecutive plays with zero on the clock...then the PAT for the win.

Old Texan

Reaction score
I look forward to when these fools sign their next contract at substantially less than they had counted on , due to lost revenue from TV , ads and whatnot. When will they figure out its fans and fans alone that pay their way?

I'd guess the majority of them have no clue where the money comes from as they have little respect for the old guys and owners that built the league into what is has become. The same ones that do not realize they are blessed with the physical attributes without which they would have no chance in hell to play the games in the first place.

Even fewer take into account the struggles the early players had to just afford to play. Prior to the 1970's most players had off season jobs, many menial and labor intensive. Today's players owe those guys for making the way to the money cow the NFL has become and making them millions.

Bunch of prima donna self entitled assholes that thumb their noses at the nation and the fans. Fuck 'em:finger

pronstar

Reaction score
Considering what they get paid, this is sorta crazy:
Baseball- 162 games/season
Basketball - 82 games
Hockey - 82 games
NFL - 16 games

Half of those are home games.

So a new $2 billion football stadium has 8 home games per season. (Sure, there are other events it's rented out for)

And we fund all of it.

Singleton

Reaction score
Basketball - 82 games
Hockey - 82 games
NFL - 16 games

So a new $2 billion football stadium has 8 home games per season. (Sure, there are other events it's rented out for)

And we fund all of it.

Big reason SD does not have a team anymore. Spanos wanted all the revenue when the facility was used (including non football events), but the city did not like that.
Most players are spoiled brats, but some of the owners except everything to be given to them. I respect those owners who funded their own stadium.
To stand or not, when you spend more time having to explain your not protesting against the flag or anthem, your not listening enough to realize no one is listening to you. Perception is reality and right now the majority of football fans are pissed you are kneeling, so listen up and change how you are protesting then maybe they will listen to your protest. Until then you are wasting time explain why and what and not focusing on the issue.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Big reason SD does not have a team anymore. Spanos wanted all the revenue when the facility was used (including non football events), but the city did not like that.
Most players are spoiled brats, but some of the owners except everything to be given to them. I respect those owners who funded their own stadium.
To stand or not, when you spend more time having to explain your not protesting against the flag or anthem, your not listening enough to realize no one is listening to you. Perception is reality and right now the majority of football fans are pissed you are kneeling, so listen up and change how you are protesting then maybe they will listen to your protest. Until then you are wasting time explain why and what and not focusing on the issue.

Exactly.

Kap said he won?t stand and respect the flag.. so now you do the same thing to ?stand with him? and try to rationalize how you are respecting the flag?

You?d think these guys ram stuff with their heads for a living.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Basketball - 82 games
Hockey - 82 games
NFL - 16 games

And we fund all of it.

Yup.....Parking and concessions included in their deals. Ridiculous.

Houston lost the Oilers and people blamed Bud Adams. Bud left because the Astros got all the money outside of ticket sales. He offered several alternative deals and revenue sharing, but the Astros refused and won out.

The Houston Rodeo is the largest event at Reliant Stadium and they get a big chunk of the revenues the facility brings in....The taxpayers are the losers in most all of these stadium deals and for that reason, Congress really needs to evaluate the AntiTrust Exemption.