WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

You think the F-150 Raptor is popular

4Waters

Reaction score
Supposedly coming 2019 the ranger Raptor, this thing will be badass especially if it comes with the 3.5 ecoboost. It will also have a fully boxed frame.
[video=youtube_https;__YUso22hmY]https://youtu.be/__YUso22hmY[/video]

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Supposedly coming 2019 the ranger Raptor, this thing will be badass especially if it comes with the 3.5 ecoboost. It will also have a fully boxed frame.
[video=youtube_https;__YUso22hmY]https://youtu.be/__YUso22hmY[/video]

It will not have the 3.5 ecoboost. That would kill f150 Raptor sales.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
i just cant appreciate the ecoboost motor. sure its marvelous and makes a ton of power... but the sound... ugh.

came across this guy and was like ZOMG new raptor! then he hit the gas... ew. just ew.
22154566_10155222237169833_3518911820592236972_n.jpg

whats funny is i bet that "ranger" is larger than my full size navigator. whats also interesting is that clearly they'll be making a crew cab ranger model, i wonder how that will hit the f150 sales numbers given the f150 is starting to cost a fortune for a base truck.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
i just cant appreciate the ecoboost motor. sure its marvelous and makes a ton of power... but the sound... ugh.

came across this guy and was like ZOMG new raptor! then he hit the gas... ew. just ew.
22154566_10155222237169833_3518911820592236972_n.jpg

whats funny is i bet that "ranger" is larger than my full size navigator. whats also interesting is that clearly they'll be making a crew cab ranger model, i wonder how that will hit the f150 sales numbers given the f150 is starting to cost a fortune for a base truck.

It won?t hurt F150 sales too much. People buy those trucks because they don?t want the size of a full size truck. Previously those people just bought Tacomas for the last decade or so until the Colorado came back out.

The only thing that hurts sales of the small trucks is when they discount then full size trucks heavily.

jesco

Reaction score
I doubt we will see it in the states. [emoji107]

I agree, I think a N America Ranger is off the table. Rumor has it though that the Bronco will be based off of the Ranger.... soooo, maybe a Raptor Bronco???

spectras only

Reaction score
Why is it a dealbreaker for some that the 3.5 Ecoboost quiet ?:rolleyes It's a bloody truck not a performance car. I had my fair share of cars in the past with growl but prefer my F-150 quiet towing my boat or TT.:thumbsup One can open up the exhaust if really wanted. My Viper is fairly quiet until the revs up close to WOT but nobody gave it :thumbsdown because it's too quiet. I hear Ferraris, McLarens on the track are pretty quiet too until 6000+ rpms ;) If some wants a nice rumble, go back the old days of big blocks and get an old car/truck of your choice. My old Vette with 427 with sidepipes for instance had a bitchen sound. :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The difference is, those 2 are just slightly altered normal trucks. The Raptor(s) are very much different than their base trucks.

TRD Pro, I agree. ZR2 has a ton of mods and very capable. More reason Ford will bring the Ranger and Raptor version here.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Why is it a dealbreaker for some that the 3.5 Ecoboost quiet ?:rolleyes It's a bloody truck not a performance car. I had my fair share of cars in the past with growl but prefer my F-150 quiet towing my boat or TT.:thumbsup One can open up the exhaust if really wanted. My Viper is fairly quiet until the revs up close to WOT but nobody gave it :thumbsdown because it's too quiet. I hear Ferraris, McLarens on the track are pretty quiet too until 6000+ rpms ;) If some wants a nice rumble, go back the old days of big blocks and get an old car/truck of your choice. My old Vette with 427 with sidepipes for instance had a bitchen sound. :)

Whiners don?t like saying their truck has V6. The Raptor does sound crappy stock though.. but so do Vipers (no offense).

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Hmm.

It's doubtful we will see it in the next few years.

So even if the Ranger is released with a new design in three years, I could easily imagine this 2018-style Ranger Raptor coming to America as a new model for the first time in five.

You should read up on the ZR2 Colorado, it's pretty heavily modded.

The tests I have seen compare it to a raptor as far as off road capability. Who does not like a truck you can flip a switch in and jump it like a trophy truck? :p

I would like to see a Raptor Bronco, that would be bad ass! :thumbup:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The new Ranger (based on the Ranger in Australia) and the Ranger Raptor will be here in 2019. Count on it. And based on the F-150 Raptor's performance the Baby Raptor will kick ass.

TRD will need to up their game a lot. And the ZR3/Colorado/Canyon will be in 3rd or 2nd place after the Ranger and Ranger Raptor. Square wheel wells and 33" tires (unless you lift the shit out of that truck) just won't cut it with the off road crowd.

And those of you whining about the sound of the Raptor's EcoBoost need to drive one with a Pedal Commander in it. And Ford Performance will release a tune late this or early next (waiting for CARB approval).

Don't bash it until you drive it

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The new Ranger (based on the Ranger in Australia) and the Ranger Raptor will be here in 2019. Count on it. And based on the F-150 Raptor's performance the Baby Raptor will kick ass.

TRD will need to up their game a lot. And the ZR3/Colorado/Canyon will be in 3rd or 2nd place after the Ranger and Ranger Raptor. Square wheel wells and 33" tires (unless you lift the shit out of that truck) just won't cut it with the off road crowd.

And those of you whining about the sound of the Raptor's EcoBoost need to drive one with a Pedal Commander in it. And Ford Performance will release a tune late this or early next (waiting for CARB approval).

Don't bash it until you drive it

You say that as if more than 10% of those off road trucks will ever see dirt. LOL at Pedal commander. Just push the damn pedal further with your foot.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score

Years back I followed the FIA sports car circuit. Lots of Vipers back then by the way. What was crazy to me was the Mercedes that dominated and the Porsches that were right behind them were relatively quiet because of their turbos. But the big US V-8s in the Panoz cars were loud as hell.....Sound didn't equal speed by any means.:skull

28Eliminator

Reaction score
TRD Pro, I agree. ZR2 has a ton of mods and very capable. More reason Ford will bring the Ranger and Raptor version here.

Lol.. Adding plastic fender flares, A 2" "Lift" (Car and Drivers words :lmao), and making it 3 1/2" wider doesn't make it "heavily Modded". Cute truck, but doesn't compare to a Raptor. :rolleyes

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Lol.. Adding plastic fender flares, A 2" "Lift" (Car and Drivers words :lmao), and making it 3 1/2" wider doesn't make it "heavily Modded". Cute truck, but doesn't compare to a Raptor. :rolleyes

They both roll over parking blocks just fine.

I didnt call the ZR2 "heavily modded". It does have some impressive upgrades for the price. I'd buy that over a TRD Pro Tacoma or 4Runner that has a $1500 suspension setup on it that you pay $7k for.

The Zr2 also does not cost $65k.... neither will the Ranger Raptor. I have 5 friends with various gen Raptors.. none of them have seen more than a dirt parking lot. :p

WhatExit?

Reaction score
You say that as if more than 10% of those off road trucks will ever see dirt. LOL at Pedal commander. Just push the damn pedal further with your foot.

No, the new Raptors are around $70k so most won't go off road.

As for the Pedal Commander, it's a lot more than "pushing the pedal further with your foot"

28Eliminator

Reaction score
They both roll over parking blocks just fine.

I didnt call the ZR2 "heavily modded". It does have some impressive upgrades for the price. I'd buy that over a TRD Pro Tacoma or 4Runner that has a $1500 suspension setup on it that you pay $7k for.

The Zr2 also does not cost $65k.... neither will the Ranger Raptor. I have 5 friends with various gen Raptors.. none of them have seen more than a dirt parking lot. :p

Oh sorry, you said "A ton of Mods" :rolleyes.

Its a glorified Colorado with a lift kit. Remember GM's attempt at competing with the Raptor, the "REAPER"? :lmao, And... I drive a Raptor, and it's seen more than a dirt parking lot :rolleyes

But you got me at the 5 friends!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Oh sorry, you said "A ton of Mods" :rolleyes.

Its a glorified Colorado with a lift kit. Remember GM's attempt at competing with the Raptor, the "REAPER"? :lmao, And... I drive a Raptor, and it's seen more than a dirt parking lot :rolleyes

But you got me at the 5 friends!

You are the one guy that uses his :beer.

No one is comparing a ZR2 to a Raptor here anyway, and we can't compare it to a Ranger Raptor that does not exist yet.

By extension a Raptor has "a ton of mods" and is a glorified F150.. There is nothing revolutionary there, Just upgraded suspension components and some flared fenders and different trim. If the Ranger Raptor isnt $50K (which I know it will be) I might actually be in for one. No way will it have the 3.5L v6, It will probably have the 2.7 v6.

28Eliminator

Reaction score

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I think think the jury is still out on the Colorado's spool-valve shocks at anything beyond what Motor Trend considers "off-roading".

They're proven on-road, though.

Videos I've seen show a lot of body movement compared to whaI expect from some dialed-in Kings, but that's not really proof of anything.

As for the Pedal Commander, it's a lot more than "pushing the pedal further with your foot"

Do you have a link or something to support this?

You keep saying that but the MFR's own website seems to state that's exactly what it does...?

pronstar

Reaction score
It has some cool stuff no doubt. I just can?t get the horrid failure of the Reaper out of my mind, or the statement of ?2? lift? from all the reviews. Lol.. there?s a huge difference between a ?lift?, and a ?suspension kit? [emoji16]

View attachment 593651 [emoji23][emoji23]

Don't forget that the Reaper monstrosity was a dealer dealio, not factory [emoji106]

WhatExit?

Reaction score
You keep saying that but the MFR's own website seems to state that's exactly what it does...?

From https://www.pedalcommander.com/

Removes Delays - Removes the delay disadvantages of electronic gas pedals so your engine can respond faster. After a short and easy install, you will notice greatly increased engine response, faster acceleration or save fuel up to 20% with real ECO Mode! Simply put, more pleasure driving.

What is Pedal Commander?
Pedal Commander is a throttle response controller that removes response delays on your electronic accelerator pedal. Effectively, it allows your engine to respond faster so your car can accelerate faster! You paid lots of money for a serious vehicle; when you press your gas pedal, it shouldn?t feel like you are pressing a sponge. Haven?t you ever noticed that older cars tend to be more responsive, before digital pedals? We?re giving you that response back! Pedal Commander has 4 different control modes: Eco, City, Sport, and Sport+ . Each control mode has 8 adjustable levels to work with. These different settings are what provide drivers with unique acceleration control in their vehicles.

pronstar

Reaction score
So faster response...and more pedal.
Not sure how that's way more than just more pedal...but I stand corrected. I think LOL

pronstar

Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it from a legit source...the rumors started a while back and it was supposed to be a 2018, but its not in the 2018 lineup.

In the meantime people are also saying it will get a 7-liter V8, which is also doubtful.

But who knows...i guess we will find out soon enough.

spectras only

Reaction score
Wouldn't you guys think Ford would have deeloped the 5.0 Ecoboost for their halo [ Ford GT ] car before going in a 1/2 t truck when the 3.5 proved to be successful already? ;)
I would have picked a 5.0 Ecoboost vs 3.5 if it was available at the time buying mine.

4Waters

Reaction score
5.0 coyote twin turbo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171019-234224.jpg
    Screenshot_20171019-234224.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20171019-234255.jpg
    Screenshot_20171019-234255.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20171019-234319.jpg
    Screenshot_20171019-234319.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 42

pronstar

Reaction score
That looks good but I can't imagine it's for a production car?

The placement of the turbos won't work, for one thing...I don't believe it would be possible to meet cold-start emissions assuming the cats are downstream from the turbos...unless they go 42 Volt electrics with heated cats, neither of which are close to production.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Waiting this out with my 6.2 Raptor 100k on the odo. I drive a lot.

pronstar

Reaction score
If it comes to production it'll vary a bit from those pics, methinks. The turbos will be next to, if not integrally cast, into the exhaust manifolds.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
If you wait for it you'll be waiting a long time. There won't be any V-8 in any Raptor. Especially not the 7.0L motor.

1xvt45.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No way it is getting a TT V8. I could see them putting a NA 5.0 in, but I doubt it. V8 midsize trucks never live long.

Hernando

Blue Oval Slinger
Reaction score
I work with the F150 Brand Manager and several others back in Dearborn. There are NO plans for a 5.0L Eco boost to be out into the Raptor.

As another member alluded to, there is a performance upgrade coming that will increase HP and torque. :thumbsup

WhatExit?

Reaction score
I work with the F150 Brand Manager and several others back in Dearborn. There are NO plans for a 5.0L Eco boost to be out into the Raptor.

As another member alluded to, there is a performance upgrade coming that will increase HP and torque. :thumbsup

Yup, Ford Performance will release their "tune" - rumor is it was developed with Whipple (hey Dustin - you around here?) and it's ready to go but they're waiting for gubbermint approval

me.png

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
No way it is getting a TT V8. I could see them putting a NA 5.0 in, but I doubt it. V8 midsize trucks never live long.

No they don't but man are they fun to play around with! :thumbup::)