WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Robot Vacuums

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Who has one of those self vacuum cleaners? Thinking of getting one.

Give me the good, the bad, and the ugly.

SCV2RVR

Reaction score
They are a lot louder than you would think they would be. Kind of annoying when the wife turns it on when you are trying to watch TV. You kind of have to keep your eye on it because it will get tangled up with anything on the ground, ie. TV / speaker wires, rugs, shoes, etc. But overall it really does clean both the hardwood and carpet pretty damn good.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Bought the Neato XV-21 about 3 years ago and used it extensively for about 12 months and the batteries died just after the warranty period was over. Bought new higher capacity batteries from Amazon and right back in business. Was really impressed with it's capabilities but one has to keep power cords and other entanglements off the floor. About a year or so ago the wife decided not to use it any longer so it has been sitting idle in the corner of my home office.
Let me see if it will power up and runs and if so I'll send it your way. I hate seeing gadgets like this set idle and wind up in the trashcan or yard sale for $5.

https://www.neatorobotics.com/robot-vacuum/xv/xv-21/

xv-21-med.jpg

SoCalDave

Reaction score
They are a lot louder than you would think they would be. Kind of annoying when the wife turns it on when you are trying to watch TV. You kind of have to keep your eye on it because it will get tangled up with anything on the ground, ie. TV / speaker wires, rugs, shoes, etc. But overall it really does clean both the hardwood and carpet pretty damn good.

Most are programmable so you can set it to run while out of the house.
I would start ours when we would leave for dinner or other events as to avoid the noise/inconvenience.

dezertrider

Reaction score
New house has tons of laminate flooring with 3 dogs. Roomba runs almost twice a day and the wife is very happy. She moves it upstairs a couple of times a week for the carpet. Its amazing how much it picks up running it daily.

We ended up raising our couch 2" so Roomba could get under the furniture. She starts it with an Ap on her phone when we leave so its not bothering us

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We have the Roomba for a few years now. Second one.
Works well on hardwoods and ok for surface dirt on carpets......DOES NOT deep clean.
Noisy.

port austin pirate

Reaction score
Who has one of those self vacuum cleaners? Thinking of getting one.

Give me the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Have a Romba about a year now happy with it. a little smaller container need to clean each decent run and an airfilter should be cleaned as well both easy, can get stuck, an a little noisy, But you program it to your phone and can run when nobodys around overall I would buy again happy with it, does a decent job. running rightnow while Iam on line go for it:thumbsup

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
We do not have any carpet, but around 2000 plus square feet of maple hard wood. No kids to do our chores and we are so busy we decided to give the Roomba a try. We have two cats, don't wear shoes in the house and I am over the top meticulous when it comes to having a clean home. We got the higher end but not the most expensive vacuum and the wet mop Roombas.

Best purchase we have made in years! We run them every day and no matter how clean your home is, that little booger is always full of dust, cat hair, human hair, etc. The mop is pretty good as well and we run it a few times a week. It is truly amazing how much stuff it picks up every day.

There really is no bad. We make sure take it all apart and clean the pick up brushes, filters, and pull the wheels etc to get all the hair out so they run smooth. If it gets caught up on a rug or a cell phone cable or something it is really good about just stopping and alerting you by actually talking and letting you know it has had an issue. We still do real steam mopping and stuff, but not as much as we used to!

We are HUGE fans! We say every day how much time it has saved us and how clean our floors are.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We've had the Neato and currently have a Roomba. I don't know what I would without our robot vacs. Definitely helps keep up with the dog fur and dust.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Well I swept and vacuumed and started to mop and then I got a text from my contractor telling me he's sending a crew over to clean all the floors. [emoji3]

IMG_0580.jpg

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I have a Roomba for "maintenance cleaning" but if stuff actually spills the robot vac won't take care of it.

The biggest thing for me is that I have a chocolate lab and light carpet so this is my only shot at keeping the carpet "not shitty"

when we leave for work we press the button and it does its thing, sometimes we come home and it's stuck somewhere or it "got lost" and is dead in the middle of the living room but, overall, it works good and keeps the carpet relatively clean.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I bought a Roomba when I moved into my current house 6 months ago, and I've only had to get out the regular vacuum once. I have the 860 series, and it runs every day at noon and then returns to base. Yes it gets stuck sometimes, or I have to go find it, but the convenience of not having to vacuum is pretty cool.