WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Great couple of weeks

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Now that I'm back and caught up on work, at least I think so. Reflecting back on a great fishing week in Cabo. Got to spend time with my father and our one and only ductape1000. Yes we are related by marriage, hi son.....

Any day fishing is better than a days work even if its little slow. The first 2 days were pretty much that, 2 Dorado's the first and 4 the second and no Tuna to be seen. Ductape was headed home the last day of fishing, so it was just my father and I. The day started out pretty good, and had kept 5 Dorado's out of 9 caught (others to small) by 10am. This is when we hooked up on a Marlin. We really don't fish for them as they are not fun and typically they are stripe marlin. Well this one was not, and a decent size blue took the bait. I'm felling bad for Ductape cause he's not with us, and me being the nice guy it would of been his fish. But that was not the case, so thanks Tony for leaving.....lol

It beat the crap out of me...After 3.5 hours fighting the fish with a rod/real that was not suited for that size or game of fish we all brought it in. If it wasn't for the capt moving the boat constantly and my father moving the chair around to kept the fish centered and the deck hand for doing his job, it wouldn't of happened. It was a team effort for sure. For the next 2 days it was difficult to move and thank god Mexico has pharmacy's. I'm truly happy that I had this time with my father and was able to catch something like this together. I'm having it mounted and should see it in 4-6 months, and the memories will last for ever.

Attachments

• IMG_8373.jpg
    IMG_8373.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 78
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 106
  • FullSizeRender1.jpg
    FullSizeRender1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 106

Done-it-again

Reaction score
The other best part was getting a call a week after coming back from Cabo that my CCW is complete and come pick up my license......This was a 11 month deal and I'm glad its over.....Not that it was hard, it just took a long time. And being in CA this is always on the verge of being impossible to get.

Attachments

• IMG_8397.jpg
    IMG_8397.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 83

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Ha ha. Nice fish dad!

It was a great trip!! Many interesting people along the way...

After hearing about the fight you had and the way you felt for days after, I'm actually ok with the idea that I was relaxing in my first class upgraded seat enjoying a drink and watching a movie. LOL (I'm lying! I wish I could have been there to see that fish in person.)

Can't wait until your dad makes us do that again!! Congrats on that trophy! You guys worked your ass off for it. [emoji106][emoji106]

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Those were some interesting people in the pool. LMFAO.

Thanks Tony, next time I'll have just as much fun watching you do it.

Next trip might be needed after we are both done with our Orlando trips. Ha ha ha.

Let the countdown begin.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Those were some interesting people in the pool. LMFAO.

Thanks Tony, next time I'll have just as much fun watching you do it.

Next trip might be needed after we are both done with our Orlando trips. Ha ha ha.

Let the countdown begin.
Yes, after a week of Disney world, I'm going to need a vacation... [emoji193][emoji379]