WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Opinions on the Nordic 22 evolution

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
After a few beers and brainstorming, pops and i thinking we may pull the trigger on a new Nordic soon. I have seen the 22 in person but have never been for a ride in one. Sounds lime the old 22 sprint was one that like to porpoise, but after talking to thane and john it sounds like the problem has been rectified.

Now to add a new twist, kinda thinking a 22 evo with a the merc 400 would be fun. Less weight and that would move the center of gravity forward making an quicker to plane time and let it fly more square on the pad.

Anybody have any imput or important info/experience to add??

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If you are asking me I'd do a WTOB rage with an HO and call it a day. The bottom is proven and it will have all the upsides of the 22 with none of the potential downsides. Not sure I'd go reinventing the wheel on the outboard deal with either boat. having owned the 22 that big swimstep is NICE!

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
If you are asking me I'd do a WTOB rage with an HO and call it a day. The bottom is proven and it will have all the upsides of the 22 with none of the potential downsides. Not sure I'd go reinventing the wheel on the outboard deal with either boat. having owned the 22 that big swimstep is NICE!
How was the 22 in bigger water?

My thought for going 22 was to keep it small enough for the garage and small enough to pull with the motorhome

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Cruising at slower speeds it was great! 30 mph and below the boat could run the bearing sea and it wouldn't matter. Going faster in confused waters it wasn't the best rough water boat. In consistent wind chop it did ok.

It's a great looking boat that has more room in it then any other boat in that size range. I would routinely put over ten people in the boat comfortably and 12-13 no problems with coolers down the middle. I loved ours but we used it as a party boat more than a hot rod. For that purpose I think the outboard would be a mistake. Just imo.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Thanks for thats the info i was looking for, my thought behind the outboard was to open up cockpit space, but it sounds like space wasnt an issue when you had yours

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks for thats the info i was looking for, my thought behind the outboard was to open up cockpit space, but it sounds like space wasnt an issue when you had yours

They are huge inside.. especially the open bow. Like I said the 25 rage WTOB is perfect!

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I bought a wtob rage at the beginning of this year and could not be happier. There is so much interior space and storage it's ridiculous. Nordic's build quality and customer service is second to none!

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
You bought the red and white wtob 25 at fred hall right? I saw you at Pioneer gas once and chatted a bit, beautiful boat!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I bought a wtob rage at the beginning of this year and could not be happier. There is so much interior space and storage it's ridiculous. Nordic's build quality and customer service is second to none!

I see your boat around Havasu every now and again but couldn't remember the screen name. Next time I see it I will introduce myself.