WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Rhino build thread...take 2

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Start off with an Green 06 660 Rhino, add parts and $$
IMG_0334.jpg
IMG_0332.JPG

Add fancy wheels and remove black cage to put on silver cage and leg minders.
IMG_0354 (Small).JPG
IMG_0366.JPG

Next strip it down and get it ready for a home garage paint job. (looks great from Burbank.) :D
Picture 018.jpg

Picture 021.jpg

Picture 025.jpg

Picture 030.jpg

Picture 037.jpg

IMG_0565.JPG

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Looks nice Bill. Can't wait to roost that new paint job. :beer:D:D
________
VAPOR GENIE

Last edited:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Hey, me either!! Going to be a great winter. Did you rent your place out to snow birds again??

As of right now we haven't heard if they're coming or not. Either way I'm sure there will be somewhere out there for me to stay.
________
YAMAHA XT600E

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Pics look GREAT!! The Rhino came out bitchen as well!! On the next go around, some kinda simple step by steps on the paint would be helpful for idiots like me that dunno how to paint.. LOL

I wonder why the pics are posting twice for each post?

RD

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Pics look GREAT!! The Rhino came out bitchen as well!! On the next go around, some kinda simple step by steps on the paint would be helpful for idiots like me that dunno how to paint.. LOL

I wonder why the pics are posting twice for each post?

RD

I struggled with that also. I went back to edit and it only shows each image once.

Good idea on the paint, but I don't think I'm the best source. It really came out pretty shitty. Looks OK, but I'm really not worried about getting some Arizona pinstripping done this year.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I struggled with that also. I went back to edit and it only shows each image once.

Good idea on the paint, but I don't think I'm the best source. It really came out pretty shitty. Looks OK, but I'm really not worried about getting some Arizona pinstripping done this year.

Valid point on the "pinstriping" as you call it.. LOL If I had a rhino I'd have a real hard time putting a nice paint job on it only to know the 1st sticker bush is gonna ruin it..

RD

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Nice ride. Those are the nicest looking doors I've seen yet.
Probably gonna make some something like that when we get one, which will
hopefully be in the next year or so. We are gonna get one for me to cruise around camp at Sand Mountain in. When that happens, I am going to have LOTS of questions for you experts on the best suspension system to improve the ride, etc. Gonna go L.T. on it, but only want to do it once.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
hopefully be in the next year or so. We are gonna get one for me to cruise around camp at Sand Mountain in. When that happens, I am going to have LOTS of questions for you experts on the best suspension system to improve the ride, etc. Gonna go L.T. on it, but only want to do it once.

FBT, I've been in a couple of LT Rhino's now.. I dunno who Wes (Froggystyle) used for his kit, but his is amazing.. and I mean no kidding, I was blown away, it doesn't have enough HP to make it an interesting ride anymore amazing. You can run through whoop sections at WOT with no problems, turning, etc.. etc..

RD

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
Bill can Rhino's be street legal in NV?

Do you trailer it or haul it in your truck when you bring it to Havasu?

Looks good. :D

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Bill can Rhino's be street legal in NV?

Do you trailer it or haul it in your truck when you bring it to Havasu?

Looks good. :D

I didn't try to make it legal for NV, I'm not sure you can. AZ was really easy and since that's the only place I'm going to use it, it worked for me.

I towed it down there and that's where it will stay until I kill it or sell it one day (which I don't see happening).

And Thanks! I'm sure I'll cruise it to your house soon, now that it's cooling down.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Thanks Dave, when I get ready to buy one I will find out what he is running. $ is going to make me hold off buying a machine until next year, but with the 700 EFI deal coming along, that might not be a bad thing.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score

I'm sure LT is awesome. I personally have not ridden in one with it yet. Mine is fine for me. I could net see dropping the 4-5K they are getting for the LT kits on top of everything else that needed to be done. These things like any other toy can become money pit real fast, and most loose their ass when trying to sell.

I figure I'd build mine to have fun with, keep it fairly reasonable and just enjoy. So far, that's working!

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I'm sure LT is awesome. I personally have not ridden in one with it yet. Mine is fine for me. I could net see dropping the 4-5K they are getting for the LT kits on top of everything else that needed to be done. These things like any other toy can become money pit real fast, and most loose their ass when trying to sell.

I figure I'd build mine to have fun with, keep it fairly reasonable and just enjoy. So far, that's working!

Same here. As for now the only other thing I planning on adding to mine is a good set of seats.
________
MAZDA B-SERIES

Last edited:

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I know about off-road money pits, look in my thread about the rails and you'll see what I mean.:rolleyes:
Knowadays, I have two chunks of titanium in my spine where a couple of discs used to be, so ride quality is absolutely critical for me, and the LT deal is strictly related to that.
Last year I rode in one with LT and the improved stability and suspension made the difference between me driving/riding around in the darn thing or sitting in camp all weekend being the resident has-been.
So it isn't an option, for me anyway. Been to the top real fast, those days are over. Now I just want to cruise around sand camp a bit and visit friends, watch sunsets, get to some good fishin' holes in the high country.
If LT on a Rhino can make that happen, and add a serious measure of comfort, then it makes the sport somewhat accessible to me again, something I didn't think was gonna happen.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Fantastic!!!
Hell of a project.
Came out teriffic.:beer

If Looks Could Kill

Reaction score
Nice Rhino! Any chance you still have the stock black cage?
My nephew rolled mine and bent the pax side bar, he lives in
vegas.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Nice Rhino! Any chance you still have the stock black cage?
My nephew rolled mine and bent the pax side bar, he lives in
vegas.

No, sorry. I kept it for a little while and could not give it away, so I ended up tossing in the dumpster.

I would try some of the Rhino shops, they usually have a pile of them off to the side.

If Looks Could Kill

Reaction score
I've been checking with some here locally but all they have is 07's,
What type of Cole do you have? I sold my little hot rod in avatar
last year after having it for 21years and bought a Cole Superhawk.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
I've been checking with some here locally but all they have is 07's,
What type of Cole do you have? I sold my little hot rod in avatar
last year after having it for 21years and bought a Cole Superhawk.

I've had this screen name for years, since I had a Cole. I had a 22.4 Skier, no hot rod, but still a Cole.

I have a Magic deck now, I wanted to be like everyone else.:D

If you go to Havi, call Eric at Rock Star, 928-230-1558 He might be able to help.