WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New 2010 Cheyenne Tunnel Jet Hulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
I have set pumps back as long ago as 1985 on daytona's/others and fixed a few hulls also built many motors for a few "fast" boats.

Do I know it all? not even and have been out of this for many years, but I do know what crappy layed up hulls look like,like floors that are not straight,bulkheads with large gaps filled in with glass,bad/uneven edges,crooked corners (hull not square)and even poor layout in general.
No, I do not know it all, that is why I ask for more people to go.

But this is one way of looking it in the face instead of the keyboard....
my offer still stands..

johnny

My name/boat has been brought up in this thread so let me clarify a few things: In 2005, my hull came from a mold that was later sold and modified and that Ron's boats are now being laid up with. You can read into that whatever you like. But, do not use my boat or its performance as a measuring stick for the potential of these new ones because they are not similar with regard to layup or keel design.

Out of respect for Dave, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with regards to Ron or his shop on the forum. if you have questions feel free to pm me.

DJD

6th street mafia prez.
Reaction score
Ive never seen anyone run 1/2 inch pulleys on an injected deal before. I ran a set on a carburated deal and tore the shit out of them. I still tear my 8mm gt belts now and then on my injected deal.

Last edited:

DJD

6th street mafia prez.
Reaction score
My name/boat has been brought up in this thread so let me clarify a few things: In 2005, my hull came from a mold that was later sold and modified and that Ron's boats are now being laid up with. You can read into that whatever you like. But, do not use my boat or its performance as a measuring stick for the potential of these new ones because they are not similar with regard to layup or keel design.

Out of respect for Dave, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with regards to Ron or his shop on the forum. if you have questions feel free to pm me.

BUT if your boat hauls ass then wont these since they are the same? Yours is straight out of the mold with no bottom work or anything done correct? LOL hahahahahahahaha just yankin your chain Finny

TRG

Reaction score
Lets get back on topic!
Curious to know what the angle of the engine is in at? looks to be in around 24" from the transom?
Jetaway? w/out one, is it a 14" drive line?
4-5deg. intake?
How is Justin's boat coming along?...should be out of the mold now right? Pics
Have not had much time lately, just checking in to see the progress.

NO REGRET$

Reaction score
Lets get back on topic!
Curious to know what the angle of the engine is in at? looks to be in around 24" from the transom?
4-5deg. intake?

From looking at the pixs .. I would say 4 ° with H bar ...

SOMEONE MUST WANT A BACK SEAT ??????.

HEY TRG .....:D

PGF457

Reaction score
From looking at the pixs .. I would say 4 ° with H bar ...

SOMEONE MUST WANT A BACK SEAT ??????.

HEY TRG .....:D

It is a 5* intake. You could fit a back seat, but leg room would a little on the shy side.

PGF457

Reaction score
Lets get back on topic!
4-5deg. intake?

Well TRG, I'll give ya a hint. The transom is only 15" deep so 24" off is a tad wrong. lol

Justins hull is out of the mold & looks great, Super clean floors & colors are outstanding. Looks like the weight is where it needs to be as well.

Last edited:

TRG

Reaction score
I guess you are right! thanks for the "Hint", looking at it again - that engine does look pretty far back!
Any pics of Justins boat?

PGF457

Reaction score
I guess you are right! thanks for the "Hint", looking at it again - that engine does look pretty far back!
Any pics of Justins boat?

No pics of Justins hull. I'll let him post if he wants. He should be the first to see it. Give me a call when you have a free min. Thanks

DJD

6th street mafia prez.
Reaction score
What are you running for fuel tanks in this boat side or center mount? I would think if your running no back seat and you left the motor that far back you are planning on running a center T tank to keep the weight fwd in the boat huh? Whats the Motor and pump specs. and what are you looking for it to run? I like the colors of the gel they should pop on the water.

Flat Broke

Reaction score
Ideally, wouldn't it be best to rig the boat minus engine, then figure the center of gravity with the driver in the boat and place the engine accordingly? Running the engine waay back requires you to fly the nose to get lift towards the rear of the boat to offset the weight of the engine. Having to fly the nose wouldn't be my choice in setups for any boat, let alone one that's going to be hauling the mail in an open environment with no safety crew. But I don't drive a fast tunnel, so take all that with a huge grain of salt.

Chris

FASTJTBT144

Reaction score
Went by the glass shop today got a sneak peek at Justins boat this thing is flawless we put it on the scale weight in @ 376 lbs floors are outstanding this boat by far will turn alot of heads when completed. great work guys

pattymelt18

Reaction score
Would like to get a price on the fiberglass buckets! They look pretty slick.

TRG

Reaction score
Hows that Magazine bud?:boobeyes:

PGF457

Reaction score
These pic's were sent over to me by the owner of this hull. So I thought I would post them. The hull is 376 pounds & should run good. Looking forward to seeing it on the track soon.

Attachments

• justins 1.JPG
    justins 1.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 1,024
  • justins.JPG
    justins.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,031
  • justins 2.JPG
    justins 2.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,023

Belinda Villa

Reaction score
These pic's were sent over to me by the owner of this hull. So I thought I would post them. The hull is 376 pounds & should run good. Looking forward to seeing it on the track soon.

Beautifull hull.

I didn't know you have to have 10 posts to reply to a PM. :D

TRG

Reaction score
Beautifull hull.

I didn't know you have to have 10 posts to reply to a PM. :D

Curious to know prices on your Engine Rail kits??? do you have any foot pedals????
Very interested in seeing them and the cost of them, not too happy with mine, thinking of re-rigging the boat this winter!
Thanks!

DJD

6th street mafia prez.
Reaction score
Yaaaaaaaaa rite! I was thining about doing the same thing.

DJD

6th street mafia prez.
Reaction score
LOL! but you sold yours!...or didn't and its ready for the 4th! lol:boobeyes:

I doubt i'll have anything there over the 4th but i may show up somewhere at a river near you this summer with something.... LOL:skull

BIGAMIST

Reaction score
Did I miss some thing? There was all kinds of hype about these boats & now nothing wth?.......I was close to ordering one ,kinda wanted to see how they came out before I did though...guess I'll sit on the side line a little longer :)

Lucky Harris

Reaction score
Did I miss some thing? There was all kinds of hype about these boats & now nothing wth?.......I was close to ordering one ,kinda wanted to see how they came out before I did though...guess I'll sit on the side line a little longer :)

NOTHING'S COMING OUT, THAT'S THE PROBLEM, NOT ONE BOAT DELIVERED YET. MANUFACTURER???????????
COMON RD, WHAT'S YOU'RE CRITERIA FOR A MANUFACTURER???? $300 AD SPACE?????????????

PLEASE GIVE RON THE MONEY SO MAYBE HE CAN FINISH MY BOAT

Gelcoater

Reaction score
One can only eat shit and spend money long enough. So how come it is you are in Rons camp anyway? Butt buddies????
You don't know shit gel coater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well thats not very nice,Lucky. what did i ever do to you?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
and by the way, if there's one thing i do know,its shit. i got 2 dogs, i scoop up shit every day:D

Lucky Harris

Reaction score
well thats not very nice,Lucky. what did i ever do to you?

Well, now nothing Larry, just you got no dog in this fight and I got thirty five big fuckin dogs and tow race motors in this fight and I can't get the prick to answer his phone or return a call.
Been quiet as long as I can hoping I'll get a goddam boat (two actually, first one and second one ever built under different manf. names as there is/was no real Edge Performance Marine when they were built) but looks like I will take it in the ass till enough other suckers pony up some bucks so I can get mine and my sons finished. Not holding out much hope now but ya'll should know.
Got nothin against you, I'm a pretty good guy, just ask the others that know me and have bailed already. Never hurt anyone.
So, if you want to pump some pretty smoke up Rons ass, do it somewhere else and butt the fuck out of this one.
Just sayin.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
here we go again:smackhead
your gettin all huffy with me over this comment? if you got such a beef with the guy,why don't you just take him to court? this is a public forum,if you dont want comments on your statements, dont state them, just sayin. and just for the record,I am in no one's camp,freelance gun.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
NOTHING'S COMING OUT, THAT'S THE PROBLEM, NOT ONE BOAT DELIVERED YET. MANUFACTURER???????????
COMON RD, WHAT'S YOU'RE CRITERIA FOR A MANUFACTURER???? $300 AD SPACE?????????????

PLEASE GIVE RON THE MONEY SO MAYBE HE CAN FINISH MY BOAT

One can only eat shit and spend money long enough. So how come it is you are in Rons camp anyway? Butt buddies????
You don't know shit gel coater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron is not an advertiser on here for your information. My criteria for a mfg is I guess people building boats.. Although it would seem Ron is having a real tough time getting one delivered and having a "happy" customer at the end of it.. I'll more then likely just end up deleting these threads as they are getting to be more of a hassle then they are worth.

You sure you want to come in here bangin on me and gelcoater? Seems like your problem is with Ron, not with us?

RD

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
dude, if i paid someone to build me 2 boats and the guy isn't answering calls or delivering i think i'da been headin over there like yesterday(regardless of where it was) rather than bitching about it on the internet.

Lucky Harris

Reaction score
Ron is not an advertiser on here for your information. My criteria for a mfg is I guess people building boats.. Although it would seem Ron is having a real tough time getting one delivered and having a "happy" customer at the end of it.. I'll more then likely just end up deleting these threads as they are getting to be more of a hassle then they are worth.

You sure you want to come in here bangin on me and gelcoater? Seems like your problem is with Ron, not with us?

RD

Nope, it is with Ron but also with you RD for saying we can't bang on a "manufacturer". Why do you protect someone that can't deliver???
Ron is having a real hard time delivering because he is using other peoples money to fund his hobby and inventory while lyeing about delivery and progress. Just check your own bogus forum posts about progress. I am here to tell you he is not delivering a GODDAM THING!
to anyone. A manufacture produces something other than forum scam to collect deposits to fund his own hobby. That just sucks. I have stayed silent long enough. You want to delete me??? You're perogotive but hardly ethical. Everyone already knows this is a shakedown. Why don't YOU PM ME?????
Sucks, don't it???????????????????/
This is only going to get uglier. Here or elsewhere. What was your purpose in setting up this website????? Profit, goodwill, sanctions for your "pals"????
You want people to know what's going on/???? NOTHING HERE. that's for GODDAM SURE!!!
I've been ripped off, lied to, stringed along, stolen from, YEAH I SAID IT!!!!

DJD

6th street mafia prez.
Reaction score
I hear that Blueberry is a spokesperson/sales rep for Ronco get ahold of him hes been talking them up pretty good.........:rotflmao:

Lucky Harris

Reaction score
dude, if i paid someone to build me 2 boats and the guy isn't answering calls or delivering i think i'da been headin over there like yesterday(regardless of where it was) rather than bitching about it on the internet.

Been there three times, with checks, told lies, promises, all bullshit. What is this forum for if not to communicate to the community????
What's your bitch??

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lucky Harris, I'm still not 100% sure why you seem to be angry with me.. Nor why you're calling me unethical and some of the other stuff..

I did PM you my # though, and would be happy to talk to you about it.

RD

Gelcoater

Reaction score
been there twice last time so fn drunk
Who's drunk? as far as i know, Ron doesn't drink anymore,but hey, im not there every day.so far,[for what its worth]he's been true to his word on any thing we have had dealings with.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Been there three times, with checks, told lies, promises, all bullshit. What is this forum for if not to communicate to the community????
What's your bitch??

calmer than you are :D yes i feel that this forum can be for this but i had no idea that you'd been there 3 times before you just posted it now. i would be camping out at this guys shop till i got my money back or the boats. regardless, we all know there is 3 sides to a story. hope you guys can work it out.

PGF457

Reaction score
calmer than you are :D yes i feel that this forum can be for this but i had no idea that you'd been there 3 times before you just posted it now. i would be camping out at this guys shop till i got my money back or the boats. regardless, we all know there is 3 sides to a story. hope you guys can work it out.

I'll keep this short & too the point. Only spent $11.5 & 13.5 for two boats. That is true. Not $35K. Boats were to have used hardware from older jet boat & stock pumps with A aluminum impellers to follow the build a boat under 20k. I agrreed to rig them for free. Shortly after starting I up grade them to new custom hardware at NO Charge. Motors came, one blown up with heads stuck to the block & studs. The other in a crate bought of ebay & never inspected. A tear down, inspection, re-assemble & custom matalic blue paint job on said ebay motor was done the $500.00 charge for all the work was said to be an assanine charge (after it was done.) Changes have been asked for more then most people change underware. Of course most asked to be done for free. I sent change request & it took two weeks to get an answer back & another week to go back & forth. I take verbale bashings weekly.( Proubly why there is a lack of return calls ) There is more to all this then what is posted.

I have 3 boats I offered free rigging on & added new custom hardware, Boat #3 is 85% done & mostly happy & was told by him " Of course I want my boat like yesterday & sad it is taking longer then thought, but how can you bitch when your getting alot for free? " Heck who wouldn't love to get 8k of free work & parts on a boat. We know who & they are free to come get them & have it done somewhere else if my free work is not fast enough for them. I am only one guy with only two arms :D

And if anyone ever comes drinking again & throw there beer cans on my so called shop floor again, someone will be going to jail.

Infomaniac

Extended Member
Reaction score
Ron ...........

Sounds like you might reconsider going back to your original business model of bare hulls or bare + intake set.

I personally wouldnt deliver a complete or near complete boat using anything other than the best of everything. It's not worth the reputation damage.

Been there done that with customer supplied parts on engines. It eventually turns into a big ball of crap one way or another.

Just throwin that out. Most can probably swing $$ for the hull. But when a budget comes into play regarding everything else to build the boat. Or without clear definition of take it or leave it options. I wouldnt go there myself.

Last edited:

-RUSSO-

Reaction score
I'll more then likely just end up deleting these threads as they are getting to be more of a hassle then they are worth.

RD

Keep it open its good reading:party2: Bad press is better than no press:champagne::box:

blue wonder

Reaction score
hey ron, if your such a stand up guy and deliver what you promise how come there was an empty trailer heading down the 15 a week ago after it already headed up to your shop empty???

Lucky Harris

Reaction score
Lucky Harris, I'm still not 100% sure why you seem to be angry with me.. Nor why you're calling me unethical and some of the other stuff..

I did PM you my # though, and would be happy to talk to you about it.

RD
Nice talking with you Dave, thanks for everything. No problems here.

pattymelt18

Reaction score
hey ron, if your such a stand up guy and deliver what you promise how come there was an empty trailer heading down the 15 a week ago after it already headed up to your shop empty???

Dang, if the South county guys are not happy its not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.