This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
RD,

Can you override the 10 post for pm rule? I got $$$ on the line here my friend

Thanx Nganga

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
T&Y heres a video running at Power Tour! Still needs some dialing in.
Pm me if I can answer any questions.

Looks like I missed some haten

CLICK ON PIC TO VIEW VIDEO:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
:headscratch:I know Outlaw, myself and someone else posted in this thread yesterday,looks like RD didn't approve?

I was just saying, don't we have enough drama around here?? This is a nice thread.. Why don't we start a new thread with Bitz's business practices...

or whatever it is we're talking about here.

RD

Gelcoater

Reaction score
So,for anyone who's confused:cool:

Stevo made a post,Outlaw quoted it,saying"tell us more",and I quoted Outlaw,saying something to the effect of 'i dont know if this place can handle any more drama,but yes,tell us more'. And here we are.

And to RD....Im all for reading along on a drama thread,and some times throwing in a jab here and there,but not one to start it. I dont recall posting anything negative regarding this thread?

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
RD,

You can tell be my post count that I am a reader (lurker) and don't really participate in discussion. BUT: when I see a thread that has a potential large dollar effect on me and other members input may keep me financially whole by their experience, isn't that the true spirit of an internet forum?

Heck, I had to post three extra nonsense post just to be able to PM.

Nganga.

steveo143

Reaction score
I don't think we need a new thread about Rick Bitz and his business practises. He is very capable of building a good quality boat. There have been several threads about this all over the internet in the past few years. Anyone can call me anytime for info.

Steve Peterson 714 579-7857

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
Boat looks great Ryan:thumbsup

powertour187.jpg

cave

Reaction score
Cave these are a headers are called HPX stainless jacketed.Duane at Hi-tech Performance sells them. I really like them and there pretty fairly priced 2995.00 polished!

THX Blow It Up! Them suckas look killer! Thats my week link in my engine build. I cant run/install rocker stud brace's under the valve covers I currently run. No room. So I have to keep the R's in check. Thanks for your reply!

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to me!
Here's the new blower that is goin on

Attachments

• 1471.jpg
    1471.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 361

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Ryan,
Well see how this "RED" one runs next to that thing next summer eh?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
RD,

You can tell be my post count that I am a reader (lurker) and don't really participate in discussion. BUT: when I see a thread that has a potential large dollar effect on me and other members input may keep me financially whole by their experience, isn't that the true spirit of an internet forum?

Heck, I had to post three extra nonsense post just to be able to PM.

Nganga.
Large $ effect? So are you the guy building these or the guy trying to sell em,or both?

steveo143

Reaction score
I believe he is going to buy an Eliminator hull from Bitz.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Gelcoater,

Like Steveo said. 21 like Ryans.......but a bit rederer..is rederer a word? Pulling engine from my 250 Daytona and going back to a small boat, I've missed the 21 Daytona for the 10 years I 've had this 25'. Much faster, but not the same seat of the pants feel of a jet.

Since both guys (Ryan & Steveo) seemed to have knowledge that could help, I asked for it and received it. Thanks

BTW, the 25 is for sale on the cheap w/o power.

steveo143

Reaction score
Gelcoater,

Like Steveo said. 21 like Ryans.......but a bit rederer..is rederer a word? Pulling engine from my 250 Daytona and going back to a small boat, I've missed the 21 Daytona for the 10 years I 've had this 25'. Much faster, but not the same seat of the pants feel of a jet.

Since both guys (Ryan & Steveo) seemed to have knowledge that could help, I asked for it and received it. Thanks

Steve, congrats! I hope the build goes well, Rick Bitz is quite capable of building a very good product and I really hope he is on the road to recovery and better business practices. I own 1/2 of a Bitz/Deaver TAH, the "Red Baron" that has seen197mph @ CFW. It was the last "Red Baron" of TFH fame made and was rigged just before the capsule rule came to be and was never raced as a TFH. If it wasn't built right I wouldn't drive it!

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Here's the powerplant for the not an Eliminator :rolleyes:

boat009.jpg
[/IMG]

:D:D:D:D
Look at the transom right below the exaust,where the stringer meets the transom.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Looks like quality lamination for sure.:cool:

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Thats because it's a DELAMINATOR.. Nah, thats just flow coat cracking from all that power :bash:

Good eye..

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Thats because it's a DELAMINATOR.. Nah, thats just flow coat cracking from all that power :bash:

Good eye..
I know what it is. I guess I shoulda explained a little better.

Back when the 25 was popular,they did 2 different layups,a production layup,and a big hp layup. The HP layup had reenforcements at the union of the stringer to the transom,as well as a formula of what weights of glass went where. They soon abandon that idea as more and more people purchased a production layup unit with say a 502 EFI or a smallblock power,and ditched the stock power for something like you have there,aprox. double the power of the stock power. They had to repair a few transoms from that deal. Im surprised its not worse.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Gelcoater,

Brent Leach was real involved back when we did this one (1998), Bergeron Marine in Mesa rigged it and we built it for numbers. They knew it would have big power. It was also a kelvar laminated layup. its been a super reliable 125 every day type boat. I've run 118 at Roosevelt (3500') with four fat chicks in it :boobeyes:

Time for a new ride.

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
24K?? go to GS marine website its there for sale. Extremely well cared for and kept inside.

Great deal, but not much of a project.... Looks like its ready to go
just install engine.

BTW welcome back to the Jet boat world

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Great deal, but not much of a project.... Looks like its ready to go
just install engine.

BTW welcome back to the Jet boat world

Yah, its ready to go, And thanks, been on the dark side for toooooo long. Never really fell in love with this thing.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Gelcoater,

Brent Leach was real involved back when we did this one (1998), Bergeron Marine in Mesa rigged it and we built it for numbers. They knew it would have big power. It was also a kelvar laminated layup. its been a super reliable 125 every day type boat. I've run 118 at Roosevelt (3500') with four fat chicks in it :boobeyes:

Time for a new ride.
And its possible I sprayed it:cool:

You mentioning Brent and seeing your paint graphic made me think of this.

In around 96 or so lightning bolts were popular,we did alot of em,but somehow it was always one of the other sprayguys doing them.For atleast a year or so I dodged the bullet,then they give me a job with 2 crossing each other. After screwing with it for a few hours it just looked goofy to me.

I got into Brents office and say can we get one of the other guys to do it and il do something else?
Brent; Why?

me;I suck at bolts,it looks like shit.

Brent;go mess with it some more.

me; have been for almost 3 hours.

Brent;OK,man look,you need to change your attitude,if you think you suck at something then you will.
Or think about it like this,the first time you jacked off you sucked at it,but you got better, right?

me;well yeah i guess

Brent;Lightning bolts are the same way,so go keep jacking off and you'le get better at em.

Then he picked up a phone call and shoo'ed me away.:cool:

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Gelcoater,:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: I never have gotten that shit outta this carpet....

BTW, its funny you say that cause the bolts on the deck look cool but the side I always thought looked more like a ribbon than a lightening bolt.

Last edited:

koenig

Reaction score
Well than it wouldn't exactly be an Eliminator hull then ,would it?:D

Bitz sometimes has other makers boats for sale--mostly projects. Bitz the business is maybe a 20 minute drive from my house. Local and often advertisers these boats for sale in my area, one was an Eliminator..........................

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Bitz sometimes has other makers boats for sale--mostly projects. Bitz the business is maybe a 20 minute drive from my house. Local and often advertisers these boats for sale in my area, one was an Eliminator..........................
Yeah im sure he does,i bet they all have no holes cut and fresh gel too.:D

cave

Reaction score
nganga, post up some build picks! Cant hurt to let Bitz know his boats are getting airtime on RDs.

Blow It Up, Your gunna need a longer Offset for yur Dizzy or MAG! :thumbsup :D
attachment.php

SWEET looking Air Pump !!!

koenig

Reaction score
:hmmSo bitz will soon be offering a 27 cat.;)

I have no idea. Know of Bitz from the internet and they build not far from my house. I was considering Texas Tunnel build when Cheetah advertised bare hulls for $6,000 and noticed Bitz advertising here locally a simular hull, but with everything except an engine. Still might get a bare hull Bitz Texas Tunnel or one of the "many" other hulls he has on offer. :cool:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I have no idea. Know of Bitz from the internet and they build not far from my house. I was considering Texas Tunnel build when Cheetah advertised bare hulls for $6,000 and noticed Bitz advertising here locally a simular hull, but with everything except an engine. Still might get a bare hull Bitz Texas Tunnel or one of the "many" other hulls he has on offer. :cool:
Either you didn't get it or playing coy.