SpeedStrap - Top

Stern - Top

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,546 Times
    Blog Entries

Unhappy RIP Louie T Majors of Kachina boats fame...

I'm very said to say that the boating industry has lost another one of it's own. Louie Majors, founder and owner of Kachina boats, has passed away. The details of his passing are still a bit sketchy but it looks to have been a heart attack.

Louie started Kachina with Dave (who was later bought out) in late 1963, and the company came into full fruition building boats in early 1964. Over the last 47 years Louie has provided, smiles, good times, and family fun for countless 1000's of families through his boats. His claim to fame would ultimately be that he would do anything to make a customer happy, especially in the paint / gel department. No scheme was too wild for Kachina, a tradition that carries on today, and I hope carries on into the future. Even in this recession Louie managed to stay busy, selling boats, and even tooling up new models looking towards the future. This speaks volumes in itself, of a happy and fiercely loyal customer base.

Amongst his many impressive accolades as a boat builder, Louie was also a Vietnam Vet, and to put it quite simply from friends that knew him "They just don't build em like Louie anymore."

To the Family and Friends and Customers of Louie Majors, you are in our thoughts and prayers,

Sincerely the RDP staff.

RD

BE NICE OR LEAVE

Thanks
    Thanked 163 Times
    Nicely written....well done, Dave.

RIP Louie.

Boat Manufacturer Carrera Boats's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15 Times

Very sad news........

I talked with Louie many times, always nice and informative. He will be missed by many, thoughts and prayers go out to Louie, his family and friends.

It is what it is........ Outdrive1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times
    Thanks Dave.

RIP Louie, we had some great times. You were a true man's man, and a proud American soldier. I'll be holding up a Coors light and toasting your honor tonight, Semper Fidelis. You will be missed. Love you Missy, you're in my prayers today.

Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by River911 View Post

And this POS Hyundai sucks ass juice through a paper straw

I feel like a fucking fag driving this thing.

Colts fan & Stoker owner RitcheyRch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 907 Times
    Sad news. RIP.
    http://www.facebook.com/RitcheyRch

"I didn't pay them for sex, I paid them to leave"
    Charlie Sheen

Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, hauling it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

I may not be able to bottom out but, I sure as hell can tear up the sides

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    It has to be fast. That's why they call it a "Jet" boat

Thanks
    Thanked 152 Times
    RIP...cold ones in your honor...:

Thanks
    Thanked 18 Times
    Blog Entries
    Sad News R.I.P. Louie
    Takin it Home
    OG member East Side Crew
    Round V

Thanks
    Thanked 0 Times
    Wow shocking. RIP

Thanks
    Thanked 331 Times

A story about Louie

Many years ago Louie[who i did not know at the time] called me,and said he was having trouble getting his gel guy to show up to work,and wanted me to come to Az and paint a boat,saying that the best motivator for his mia guy was to have the boat done when the guy finaly showed up.

So,the next day i pull into the parking lot at Kachina[was winter things were slow in ca]. and i go to work after a bit of small talk and introductions to the crew.After work, i say im going to go find a motel for the night, he said F the motel,i have an extra bedroom at the house,and says Missy had taken his car earlier in the day,and he needed a ride home. He went on to say take me home,if you dont like the room,go to a motel,i say fair enough.

We pull up a long driveway to a house high on a hill in a very nice part of town,and i know i aint leaving tonight:

We walk through the front door,greeted by 2 dogs and a smell of some good food cooking,2 other shop guys pull up outside and we all had dinner. After dinner he showes me around the house,and in one corner is a little curio cabnet with some pictures,one of him in Nam,with 2 other guys he served with,guns in hand,standing on a pile of Vietcong bodies. the other pic is of this old delapitated house. He explains that this house had dirt floors and was the house he grew up in in one of the cotton states[dont remember what state].In other words the guy grew up Dirt poor.

the next day at the shop at lunch he showes me a shipping container out back,1/2 full of various medical equipment and med supplies. he went on to explain that $100 of every boat sold along with donations to the motorcycle club he belonged to went to buy med stuff to go into the container. Once a year the club with the container loaded on a semi of one of the club members would ride to Mexico to donate all the stuff to an orfanage. He explained that he never forgot what it was like to be poor,and it was important to give back to those less fortunate.

Louie was a one of a kind guy,and will be missed by all who knew him.

Rest In Peace Louie.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times
    Rip Louie.

Sad day indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdrive1 View Post
    I wouldn't take that shit from that Froggystyle guy. He's a little douchebag trouble maker. Fuck him.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast