WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Spectra Windshield Mounting Brackets

SchiadaJohn

Reaction score
Where can I purchase replacement brackets for mounting the windshield on my 24' XS? The 1980 I have uses the bracket in the center and my 1975 uses the bracket on the right, I need both if they can still be purchased.

Thoughts/Recomendations?

Attachments

• P1010038.jpg
    P1010038.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 395

SchiadaJohn

Reaction score
That is a big DUH on my part and thanks. Giving Cambell a call now.

Just Electric

freway offramp panhandler
Reaction score
That is a big DUH on my part and thanks. Giving Cambell a call now.

if i come up with more of the middle ones i will pm you i was able to find some in my box of goodies and hook skee up with enough for his windsheild

Jim Brock

Reaction score
I have 2 packages, new old stock, of the center bracket, there are 4 in each pack with the nuts and rubber gromets, $25.00 each pack, Jim 1818-890-1867

SchiadaJohn

Reaction score
Thanks Jim - I have recieved them.

I also need to finish this thread with some more detail, RDP members should appreciate.

Before I located the brackets Mr. Brock had and learning that the brackets had not been produced in over 20 years. I handed one of the broken ones to the tool and die guy in our plant and asked can you make a few of these?

He studied it real carefully and said I believe so. The brackets on the left are the N.O.S. pieces and the ones on the right were cut on a wire machine out of really good (& real expensive stainless). I am going to spend some more time on the polishing wheel with them but I do not believe I am going to break these. :champagne:

Attachments

• Bracket_1.jpg
    Bracket_1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 278
  • Bracket_2.jpg
    Bracket_2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 310

BHC River Rat

Reaction score
Thanks Jim - I have recieved them.

I also need to finish this thread with some more detail, RDP members should appreciate.

Before I located the brackets Mr. Brock had and learning that the brackets had not been produced in over 20 years. I handed one of the broken ones to the tool and die guy in our plant and asked can you make a few of these?

He studied it real carefully and said I believe so. The brackets on the left are the N.O.S. pieces and the ones on the right were cut on a wire machine out of really good (& real expensive stainless). I am going to spend some more time on the polishing wheel with them but I do not believe I am going to break these. :champagne:

I'm hoping we can resurrect this thread. I am looking for the Taylor brackets, and it's pretty obvious they aren't in production anymore.
I like the fabricated brackets like these much better. Does anyone know if there are good replacements for these still around?

old rigger

Reaction score
Isn't Finney's still making windshields in Havasu? They might have a source.

guest hs

Reaction score
I have several of this type in stock.

Attachments

• TAYLOR 001.JPG
    TAYLOR 001.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 179

BHC River Rat

Reaction score
Hey Thanks for the reply Namba,

I was able to get with Finney's, and he not only hooked me up with the brackets, but a whole new windshield. The billet brackets are definitely the way to go. It takes a little adjustment, but way better than the old Taylor mounts!

Special thanks to Finney's for takin' care of business. :champagne:

Colin

old rigger

Reaction score
Nice!

Finneys windshields were top shelf back in the day and there was lots of competition, hopefully they're still delivering a great product.

yankcan0

Reaction score
If anyone needs a reverse deflector windshield for a 24xs (I think the 20' and 24' were all the same) I just had one built by Airplane Plastics in Dayton Ohio. I gave them my broken shield and they made a form or mold from it. It turned out beautiful with the polished top edge. Drill your own mounting holes, since all the installations were not the same. If you take the boat to them they will drill them. Contact Jeff Rogers at Airplane Plastics. 9785 Julie Ct. Tipp City, Ohio. 45371. 937-669-2677 or Cell-937-232-1410. [email protected] www.airplaneplastics.com