WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dog Trainer

BACK2BIGRIVER

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good dog trainer in Murrieta area i have a new Queensland puppy i may need a little help with?

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
I know a great one but he's in Simi Valley. He will come and pick your dog up if you need him to though. His name is Nick Koep and his company is All Purpose Dog Training. I grew up with Nick and was even Best Man at his wedding. He gained all of his experience as a K9-MP in the Air Force. He treats your dog like his own. They stay in his house while in training (not in a kennel in the backyard) and exposes' them to his family. He trains real family dogs. He trained my dog and can personally say I'm very happy with the results.

Check out his website.
http://www.allpurposedogtraining.com/

Last edited:

akakiller

Reaction score
we just finished the puppy class at Pet Smart.

179598_10150382519340506_795700505_16730998_2374551_n.jpg

She was not happy to wear the hat, can you tell??!! :D

We liked it alot. Lots of one on one. She's going to take the intermediate class in March.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
It's been a few years, but I had a lady from Homeland come out that I found in the yellow pages. I don't remember the name of the company (something cute and catchy), but her name was Kitty. She came to the house 4-5 times. I thought it worked out real well, because she can watch the animal interact with all members of the household. Our problem was the dog would knock down the kids to get to Jeff or I (didn't understand the pack heirarchy in our home) and he liked to play the game where he steals something you want and you chase him. At the time, it was right around $200. I want to say $150-$175 total.

Rivergirlz

Floater
Reaction score
If you are having aggression problems with a queensland puppy, it is pretty normal. They are of the devil and a little wild. Ours tried to kill us every time we interrupted her or tried to discipline her. For the most part it passes after about 4-6 months. Just keep trying to be the boss without the fights getting too out of hand. We found the trick was not to let them get too tired or they get cranky. Crate training helps alot. Read up on how that is done on internet. Limit play time, lots of naps and no power games(tug of war and wrestling) They eventually become really cool dogs after some careful training. They need something to do as they get older. Agility, herding or long runs. Not a good dog to leave alone in the back yard.

Last edited:

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back from the dead.

Looking for a trainer in the La Mirada area for a retriever/husky mix.

Looking for in home training preferably.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I got a guy i used a couple months ago, came to house seemed pretty decent. he is irvine but travels.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Josh 949-701-6549 He went into my house solo with a pit that wanted to eat him, dog is already pretty trained so didnt do much on that front but worked with him on his anxiety in house.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
One thing I don't want is a trainer that user chock collars or other negative reinforcement techniques. Looking for only positive reinforcement techniques.

boatnam2

Reaction score
One thing I don't want is a trainer that user chock collars or other negative reinforcement techniques. Looking for only positive reinforcement techniques.

Josh don't use a shock collar, our dog was trained on snap of collar as a puppy 4 years ago and within 5 minutes of trainer walking him few weeks ago he said your dog is trained already, that when we said well let us put him in the house and you go in lol.

grumpy88

Reaction score

My wife tried that with me but in the end it was back to the chock collar !

boataholic

Reaction score
Call Cool Dog training. They are based in Wine Country. I have a coworker who has a service dog that was trained there.

236eaglexp

Reaction score
I need a dog trainer in Long Beach or OC open to recommendations

Picked up this guy last week. View attachment 507716
We got a boxer pup last year. They are very smart and very sensitive. Ours responds very well to training, just stay positive with them. Even talking too harshly to ours will make him cower.
Keep him active and keep him part of the family or he'll become destructive.
We've always had labs but decided to try a boxer and happy so far. He's constantly following our kids around and making sure they are all safe, he's very attached to the kids. We've even got him swimming with the kids.

yz450mm

Reaction score
We got a boxer pup last year. They are very smart and very sensitive. Ours responds very well to training, just stay positive with them. Even talking too harshly to ours will make him cower.
We've always had labs but decided to try a boxer and happy so far. He's constantly following our kids around and making sure they are all safe, he's very attached to the kids. We've even got him swimming with the kids.
Boxers are amazing dogs, it's crazy how great they are with kids 20160722_162912.jpg 20160717_172645.jpg

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Boxers are great. Their biggest pro is they never outgrow the puppy stage. Their biggest con is they never outgrow the puppy stage.

But love them and all the slobber

Richard.E

Reaction score

Picked him up from my sisters litter in Utah, I've always had labs too, but wanted to try something different. He's already a lot smarter than I thought.
Really wanna teach mine how to swim. Everyone says they are not water dogs at all. Any advice on how to get him comfortable in the water?

yz450mm

Reaction score
Mine wouldn't come near me at first when I was in the pool, but after dunking her in a few times she will now come up to me at the edge. I imagine after a few more times she will jump in on her own.

236eaglexp

Reaction score
Picked him up from my sisters litter in Utah, I've always had labs too, but wanted to try something different. He's already a lot smarter than I thought.
Really wanna teach mine how to swim. Everyone says they are not water dogs at all. Any advice on how to get him comfortable in the water?
We have a Baja shelf in our pool, once we put him on that with the kids he was hooked. His desire to be with them outweighed his fear of the water, and now he loves it. He pushes the pool cover out of the way to get in and cool off.

236eaglexp

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1472243976016.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1472243986107.jpg
He's about 6 months old here, and a good swimmer. We were worried at first because everyone told us boxers don't swim, but he does fine. Not as smooth as our lab, but fine nonetheless

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
My pup is currently in basic gun dog training at Raney Ranch in San Diego. She's been there for almost two months now and we go to visit in 2 weeks. Hope it pays off!

http://raneyranchretrievers.com/

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
View attachment 507808
View attachment 507809
He's about 6 months old here, and a good swimmer. We were worried at first because everyone told us boxers don't swim, but he does fine. Not as smooth as our lab, but fine nonetheless
My male started swimming at 10 weeks and I couldn't keep him out of the water...my female will go up to her chest and that's it.

236eaglexp

Reaction score
My male started swimming at 10 weeks and I couldn't keep him out of the water...my female will go up to her chest and that's it.
There's a pretty cool YouTube video of a boxer that dives to the bottom of pools to chase his toy, I'll try and post a link