The Dime Piece

rivergames

Reaction score
Fock it! Stealing my crackerbox tank!

uploadfromtaptalk1422503479473.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
Looking good! Looks almost like a mini truck tool box! :D

How are you going to be securing this bad boy? Not knocking the install just curious my friend!

rivergames

Reaction score
Looking good! Looks almost like a mini truck tool box! :D

How are you going to be securing this bad boy? Not knocking the install just curious my friend!

Just slid her in and it is a perfect fit.

When I ripped most of the foam out from under the deck, There was that little sheet of flooring already mounted in there. Perfect for this tank. If you look at the front, you can see a little flange. 2 bolts in the ftont. Then I will glass in 2 small blocks. On each end on the back of the tank, there is a little flange that I will mount to. Isn't easy, but will work out well

rivergames

Reaction score
Made side bunk guards and a bow guard for the trailer. Also measured up what I need to mill off out of the motor mount uploadfromtaptalk1422592015887.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
RG, the trailer is looking good! Once those panels get carpeted, it will look even better. ;)

You will want to be able to access the tank should you have to remove it in the future. It would be cool to fab up some straps like you see on the larger Schiadas and bolt them to the floor with the same type of trick brackets. Just an idea.

Are you cutting down the bracket for the motor because it sticks up too high above the top of the transom??

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Henry

rivergames

Reaction score
RG, the trailer is looking good! Once those panels get carpeted, it will look even better. ;)

You will want to be able to access the tank should you have to remove it in the future. It would be cool to fab up some straps like you see on the larger Schiadas and bolt them to the floor with the same type of trick brackets. Just an idea.

Are you cutting down the bracket for the motor because it sticks up too high above the top of the transom??

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Henry

I still need to drill the holes for the bolts to mount them, then install the bunks and then I will carpet it all

The tank will be easily removable with 4 bolts

The motor bracket needs to be milled because the cap of the boat has a 3/16" lip. The bracket will be mounted pretty much flush with the back of the transom and then another 3/8" or 1/2" plate mounted to the bracket because the short shaft motor needs to be raised about 6". After everything is bolted and good to go, I will take it off and lighten the shit out of it

rivergames

Reaction score
Couldn't hold off. Milled the motor mount after work, then got home, measured and mounted. I'm beat from working on this little sucker all week. Time to go find some tail. uploadfromtaptalk1422676763002.jpg

rivergames

Reaction score
Not a fan of stapling carpet, but knocked her out. Got everything bolted except the bunks. I need to pick up a few more bolts uploadfromtaptalk1424151910779.jpg

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Night and day on that trailer...color makes a difference. :thumbup::thumbup:

Backlash

Reaction score
Man! Getting the bunks bolted up makes that trailer look 100x's better! ;)

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Not a fan of stapling carpet, but knocked her out. Got everything bolted except the bunks. I need to pick up a few more bolts

Where did you find that carpet?

And while I am asking, what did you seal the bunks with? I should be completing my move, know my trailer needs new bunks the first time the boat floats off of it.

MCnParker

Reaction score
How close to the trailer does the boat sit? I assume your boat had a turning fin? is it close? Looks like it is going to be an awesome set up!

rivergames

Reaction score
Where did you find that carpet?

And while I am asking, what did you seal the bunks with? I should be completing my move, know my trailer needs new bunks the first time the boat floats off of it.

Home Depot's cheap indoor/outdoor carpet. I have used that stuff in the past and it has always worked great

Hell all other shops want $30+ just for a 14"x12' roll of bunk carpet

I had some left over wood stain/sealer. I just got a rag and rub that shit in the best I could. Nothing special, just hope it gives me a few extra years like everyone mentioned it would

rivergames

Reaction score
How close to the trailer does the boat sit? I assume your boat had a turning fin? is it close? Looks like it is going to be an awesome set up!

Boat only sits a few inches from the trailer. I do have a turn fin that I need to install (in the right spot hopefully)

rivergames

Reaction score
First item installed on the mini for the next 30 years!
uploadfromtaptalk1424364772695.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
Looking great! I bet it felt wonderful drilling those holes! :D

rivergames

Reaction score
Looking great! I bet it felt wonderful drilling those holes! :D

Ha they were already drilled and Rick left them unfilled when he regelled her. Now....When I drilled the holes for the CMC motor mount, I checked myself 1 or 5 times :D

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
That first damn hole in a brand new boat is a bitch to drill for most people. When if got my Schiada in 74' the first holes that I drilled were for the fuel caps. I must of measured those damn holes fifty times and I still missed the first one by a little bit.:yikes I worked but I was pissed at my self for a long time. As a matter of face I'm still pissed at myself...:grumble:

Hey Andrew, when you get tired of the toy boat I still have my Rayson GN for sale...:D Sorry for the thread jack. Glad that you are doing better...:thumbup:

Steve

rivergames

Reaction score
That first damn hole in a brand new boat is a bitch to drill for most people. When if got my Schiada in 74' the first holes that I drilled were for the fuel caps. I must of measured those damn holes fifty times and I still missed the first one by a little bit.:yikes I worked but I was pissed at my self for a long time. As a matter of face I'm still pissed at myself...:grumble:

Hey Andrew, when you get tired of the toy boat I still have my Rayson GN for sale...:D Sorry for the thread jack. Glad that you are doing better...:thumbup:

Steve

Ha, if I wanted a rush, that's what my 20'r is for! You'll sell her one day bud

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
Ha, if I wanted a rush, that's what my 20'r is for! You'll sell her one day bud

At least I got the GN Trailer sold yesterday.
Now just two more boats to sell and one to
Finish and I'm done. Ole'

Steve

rivergames

Reaction score
At least I got the GN Trailer sold yesterday.
Now just two more boats to sell and one to
Finish and I'm done. Ole'

Steve

My brain must still be a bit off considering I just stated your rayson as a rush ha!

Backlash

Reaction score
That plate looks good! Who did the work for you (If you didn't do it yourself...)?

Henry

Backlash

Reaction score
C'mon you know you love it! :D

It's looking good I'm glad to see someone around here is making some progress on their project! What weight cloth did you use to tab the bulkhead to the hull??

You and PlasterDave are making me jealous. I need to try and squeeze some time in tomorrow to check on my little toy!

Keep up the good work and thank you for the updates!

Henry