Nice. Go with the first ones. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tap That Ass

attachment.php

your learning...lol

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
No, I'm lazy. I'm all about as little polishing as possible. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tap That Ass

polishing aside I think the brushed would work better with the monochromatic flat sides of the 64. I love 64/65 but there isn't a whole lot going on with the the flat body lines. I typically dislike hate trim/emblems but I think this car could use an emblem or two and these wheels to break up the blue.

69 has polished and imo looks perfect.

New ride got chrome becuse its going to be driven alot and polishing sucks ass...haha:skull

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
polishing aside I think the brushed would work better with the monochromatic flat sides of the 64. I love 64/65 but there isn't a whole lot going on with the the flat body lines. I typically dislike hate trim/emblems but I think this car could use an emblem or two and these wheels to break up the blue.

69 has polished and imo looks perfect.

New ride got chrome becuse its going to be driven alot and polishing sucks ass...haha:skull

You mean the Ho, right? LOL

Sent from my iPhone paid for with Union money. :D

GET SOME

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338997809.201713.jpg
Wheels are ordered! Only took me two months to decide with a little help :)

ace one

Reaction score
Need some tuning for sure. I think i may have a weak link with the edlebrock 750 carb and the slipping tranny :grumble:. But then again I am not the expert with carbs. Just reading alot on the internet and trying to figure everything out. The thing should be a beast once dialed in. Huge heads and a huge cam.

I would dump the Edlebrock and bolt on a stock Holley 600 with mechanical secondaries and electric choke and it will come alive, I did that to a friend of mines Woody street rod with a 350 create motor and with a auto trans you could get scratch in 1st and 2nd gear and before the change it would just fall on its face when you mashed the gas.....could be a lot more needed but that would be a good start....good luck with your new toy :thumbsup

GET SOME

Reaction score
I would dump the Edlebrock and bolt on a stock Holley 600 with mechanical secondaries and electric choke and it will come alive, I did that to a friend of mines Woody street rod with a 350 create motor and with a auto trans you could get scratch in 1st and 2nd gear and before the change it would just fall on its face when you mashed the gas.....could be a lot more needed but that would be a good start....good luck with your new toy :thumbsup

I played with the jetting and it seems alot more peepy. I think it is still lacking on the top. With the new tranny it will chirp 1/2/3 shifts. I think the holley is the next step. Engine is a 383

DrHW

Reaction score
Great Job. Very clean and I envy you in a good way.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I got a brand new air gap mainfold i bolted on my car and took right back off it has endura finish, went with one with no finish. Who did your interior?

GET SOME

Reaction score
I did it all myself in my garage prior to selling the finished car to the new owner.

Luckily I had a set of original SS bucket seats. I took off the original upholstery, padding/stuffing and rodent turds. The springs in the base were pretty good, but I had to hog ring a couple of bad spots. For the buckets I purchased the foam set and SS upholstery from DUI. I covered and hog ringed burlap to the spring bases, put the foam in place, then slid the upholstery over the backs and bottoms. If you heat the upholstery with a heat gun, it becomes more pliable and you can stretch it tight while you hog ring it to the base. (Obviously this is done with the backs disassembled from the bottom seat.) Then I re-assembled the backs to the bottoms, put the bling pieces on and that was it.

The rear seat was a little more labor intensive. There is no foam set you can purchase, so I measured out the back and bottoms, and went to UFO, which is a upholstery company down in San Diego. I ordered some burlap, and dense cell foam and cut to shape. With the back seat I used 3M spray glue to hold the foam to the hog ringed burlap. Then put the upholstery over each frame, heated it with a hot air gun while I hog ringed it to the frames.

The door panels and arm rests are DUI re-pro's. I re-used the stock door levers. I did the headliner myself. Finding the correct headliner bows was the hard part. I was missing the 3 rear bows when I started the project so had to hit the swap meets, and e-bay to get all the bows. 65 bows will work on a 64, so that opens up your options a little bit. When you are doing your headliner, start from the rear and work your way forward. Do it in sections so you can get it real tight. I used binder clips to hold the edges of the headliner to the rim edge. I used the extra adhesive 3M spray glue which worked great. Just mask off the areas you don't want glue on.

If you are doing your own interior, it isn't that hard, and you will save a butt-load of money. Just take your time, and if you need help go to "Chevelle-Tech". They have articles on everything Chevelle.
Gunner

Nothing like selling a car with a advertised new tranny that is blown up.. Karma is a bitch.. Stay out of this thread

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Whatever.... I guess YOU own the internet now! Nobody was holding a gun to your head when you bought a 40 plus year old car "AS IS, NO WARRANTY" which wasn't advertised with a "new" tranny. It had a rebuild that i'm sure if you check the receipts that you were given would indicate this.

I will honor the request to stay out of your precious thread.

You sold the car as pristine and got a premium.

The car had issues and he gave you the chance to make it right and you basically told him to fuck off while laughing all the way to the bank.

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/foru...uestion-for-the-masses-need-input-and-opinons

You can do what you want since no one owns the internet but I will continue to make sure the good people of FDP know you have no issues boning a fellow member.

Cheers.....

Last edited:

GET SOME

Reaction score
Nothing says integrity like a police officer doing the right thing when somthing is wrong.
I can't believe you could say AS IS when you knew it was fucked up from the start . You give LEOs a bad name and hope no one on this board ever does a transaction with you. Best of luck , karma still there shinning down on you!