WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Velcro for boat seat cushions?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
So with the blistering speeds we were running in the boat last weekend I had a seat cushion blow out on the water.(Or maybe it was the high winds in Parker :rolleyes: ) I see some people have velcro stapled in on their boats. Where can I get some of that shit?

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
So with the blistering speeds we were running in the boat last weekend I had a seat cushion blow out on the water.(Or maybe it was the high winds in Parker :rolleyes: ) I see some people have velcro stapled in on their boats. Where can I get some of that shit?
I got mine at an upholstery supply joint, got some left over - how much do you need?

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I don't know if you are looking for something special, but you can buy a roll of the stuff at Walmart.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I got mine at an upholstery supply joint, got some left over - how much do you need?

Enough to keep all these cushions from flying out.

Attachments

• IMG_3439 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_3439 [800x600].JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 449

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Grainger or McMaster Carr, you can try Home Depot but you need the 3" wide stuff, I am pretty sure they don't carry it that wide.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Grainger or McMaster Carr, you can try Home Depot but you need the 3" wide stuff, I am pretty sure they don't carry it that wide.
2" wide works great and is easier to find

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
So Is this stuff something special? Or can I get it at like Home Depot or something?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Just take more friends :thumbsup

Believe it or not I'm having a hard time to get friends to ride with me. After they take their first ride they all want out and don't want to get back in it. Boat needs handles. :skull

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
Believe it or not I'm having a hard time to get friends to ride with me. After they take their first ride they all want out and don't want to get back in it. Boat needs handles. :skull

Just put velcro on the seat cushions, and velcro on their ass. Just make sure you use stainless staples. :D

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Handles and beer holders...:skull

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score

my phone must've been busy when you tried calling me:rolleyes:;)

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Wanna buy my blue windshields? That should help. :D

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
See Bill Sturgess at Arco inside Conquest. He will have your velcro.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I replaced mine with the rolls sold at Homie Depot (where Shockwave told me to get it). The rolls sell in white or black, and come about 2 1/4" thick and about 10 ft long. I thought it was more of a PITA then ever to flip open the seats after. If you do it- don't go the whole length of the seat or cut the strip in half and make a thiner line of velco on the seat and cushion. Be sure to use stainless staples.

Last edited:

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
I replaced mine with the rolls sold at Homie Depot (where Shockwave told me to get it). I thought it was more of a PITA then ever to flip open the seats after. If you do it- don't go the whole length of the seat or cut the strip in half and make a thiner line of velco on the seat and cushion. Be sure to use stainless staples.
Yeah, you only need a piece about the size of a credit card :D