WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2012 King of the Hammers

Deckin Around

Reaction score
We have an Family offroad compound in Johnson Valley looking down on Means dry lake. We'll be there:cool:

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
I'll be there!! I've been the last 2 years and its just to cool of an event to miss!!

scottietwohoty

Reaction score
Would love to go, we will see. What are the dates?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
as of right now, i have that weekend off ... so, as of right now, i'll be there. :thumbsup

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Feb 5th -10th, yes its during the week. By the weekend its over.

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
We'll be there again. Probably dropping off the rigs again Tuesday early am and then back Wednesday night after work. Can't wait, always a good.

Chris

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I was checking out some vids on YouTube and this looks badass. I'll keep an eye on the date and see if it works out.:thumbsup

NdaWind

Reaction score
[video=youtube;BF7YJRZz1Us]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF7YJRZz1Us&feature=player_embedded[/video]

D

Deleted Account

Larry can drive, I'm sure he'll make a great run at it!:thumbsup:thumbsup

sixdays

La Flama Blanca
Reaction score
I'll be there...if you see me say hi...

The car has some paint now, but we won't be racing it, since Rick has his car this year...

Attachments

• koh11 7.jpg
    koh11 7.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 293

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
This is the first in a string of interviews regarding the upcoming King of the Hammers.

OffRoadPress.com

The 2012 Griffin King of the Hammers will be the largest Ultra4 race to date with the expansion in all directions. Expanded racing, increased spectator and racer features, and a larger Hammertown built in the desert of Southern California for the week of February 3rd through 11th 2012. OffRoadPress.com had the opportunity to sit down with KOH Kingpin Dave Cole in a unique setting. Former Hammerking partner, and KOH Co-Founder Jeff Knoll conducts the interview for OffRoadPress.com as the two sit down together for the first time publicly since Knoll left the growing organization following the 2010 event. Our interview with Cole is broken into multiple sections covering each aspect of the race from a general overview in episode 1 to a detailed account of what we can expect from each day in Hammertown for this monumental event. Please join us over the next couple days as we highlight some of the best parts of Dave Coles visit to the OffRoadPress headquarters and we venture into a new feature at OffRoadPress.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
[video=youtube;cRZMfwAWIfo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRZMfwAWIfo&feature=g-user-u&context=G25f760fUCGXQYbcTJ33bFQMzWhdDtIiX0Zj_65smn Jv6IVUB0y_g[/video]

[video=youtube;n_4IjLHpvLQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_4IjLHpvLQ&feature=g-user-u&context=G2082fefUCGXQYbcTJ33bFQMzWhdDtIozcqFz393Ly VisAUL9VQs0[/video]

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Here is where we will be Camping. This year since I am not in change of the show I am camping in one of the only good spots at Boone Road. This spot has some protection from the wind, and is off the beaten track close enough that its a short trip to Hammertown via a SXS.

I have made up a couple street signs that I will put up. One at Boone Road where you make the left turn. The sign will say Campo Carrera. The next will be at Camp, and I am not sure what I am going to put on it yet.

I will be moving in one week from today and will mark out a large space but I am sure we will fill up in this location as it is really nice.

I will post a picture of the sign when we get done painting them.

Hammertown is about where the North Arrow is on the image.

Attachments

• Campo Carrera.jpg
    Campo Carrera.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 221

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Wish i could make it out. WhiteWorks will be representing team RDP with beer and propane.. LOL

RD

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
I'll be going again this year also. I can't wait!! They are having a dirt bike race this year on Thursday. Should be cool!

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
Here is where we will be Camping. This year since I am not in change of the show I am camping in one of the only good spots at Boone Road. This spot has some protection from the wind, and is off the beaten track close enough that its a short trip to Hammertown via a SXS.

I have made up a couple street signs that I will put up. One at Boone Road where you make the left turn. The sign will say Campo Carrera. The next will be at Camp, and I am not sure what I am going to put on it yet.

I will be moving in one week from today and will mark out a large space but I am sure we will fill up in this location as it is really nice.

I will post a picture of the sign when we get done painting them.

Hammertown is about where the North Arrow is on the image.

We usually head out very early Tuesday morning, 3 am or so and drop off the motorhomes on the north side of the camping area, the flat area just down from back door. Was a little crowded last year, kinda like your idea of getting out and away from the madness a little.

Chris

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
We usually head out very early Tuesday morning, 3 am or so and drop off the motorhomes on the north side of the camping area, the flat area just down from back door. Was a little crowded last year, kinda like your idea of getting out and away from the madness a little.

Chris

Drop right in that area...lol

There gonna love the late night drunken sxs stereo contest and light show.

What r you bringing this year

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
Drop right in that area...lol

There gonna love the late night drunken sxs stereo contest and light show.

What r you bringing this year

Probably just the Jeep and motorhome. Xp will only get me in trouble :)

sixdays

La Flama Blanca
Reaction score
I'll be at 108/112 Spidertrax dr...come by and say hi!!!

GET SOME

Reaction score

Chris
Save me a spot.. Will be out Thursday am with coletrickle. 23 foot toy hauler :champagne:

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
If you go to Johnson Valley please take a moment to complete this survey. The survey will be used by the California Motorized Recreation Council (CMRC) to develop an Economic impact report to help stop the 29 palms base expansion into the JV OHV Area

http://jv.aldosgroup.com/

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
Looks like we are headed out Wed morning at 3am to drop off the rigs, then back out Thursday late morning. Headed home on Saturday.

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
Jeff any suggestions on where to watch from? Last few years we headed out early and drove around to the back side of the mountain to the down side of aftershock i believe, makes for a cool ride out and less crowds but with the new regulations we don't want to get into an unapproved viewing spot and cause any problems. Last year blm ranger was cool and pointed us in the right direction. We don't want to be with the mass crowds on the front side of the hill, last year we ran into some dude in his pep boys uniform hauling his family out there in the all wheel drive astro van, it was chaos. Any other spot you can suggest?

Chris

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Save me a spot.. Will be out Thursday am with coletrickle. 23 foot toy hauler :champagne:

You guys taking the wives and kids with you? I just remembered my Rhino is here at home. LOL

Sent from my iPhone paid for with Union money. :D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Guys trip....

Leaving thurs am pack a bag and roll out. Be home sat mid morning

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Guys trip....

Leaving thurs am pack a bag and roll out. Be home sat mid morning

I'll have to see how work is going. I get back in a tophandler at work this week so I'll have to see how many days I'll be getting.

Sent from my iPhone paid for with Union money. :D

Brian B

Reaction score
I'll be rolling in Monday. Please let me know if any of your electricity frees up Jeff!

flatnutz110

Reaction score
We might show up with are mod karts to do a short course demo for Lucas.