WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jeep run to Desert Bar / Question

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We jeep out the desert bar taking the trail that starts behind the mini mart. We always go back home the same route. I know you can go back to the 95 taking the fire road but that is pretty boring and full of snowbirds in crown vistorias.

So once we get to the desert bar are there any other runs that will take you out to the 95 heading north towards havasu?

I always figured the Bill Williams river would prevent us from going north.

Just looking for some other options so we don't have to go back the same way, or if there any good loops that start at the desert bar.

Thx

MedicalPlanQuotes.com / IPhone

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I was told there is a route from DB to right where the BW dumps into the lake. I've never run it though, the BLM ranger said she could do it in her suburban.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
RD took us on a cool route from the desert bar last year.
I'm not familiar enough with the area to tell you how exactly to get to it, but it was great for SxS's.

This Tapatalk post was created on an overpriced Apple product and is approved by RDP Nation

SternDrive

Reaction score
There appears to be a trail headed south from Cienega Springs road (1 mile south of the hwy 95 junction) that leads over to Shea road. Can that be done in a Rhino? Looks a little narrow for a jeep, but then I'm just looking at google earth. Anyone done this?

-Sterndrive

speeddmn

Reaction score
There appears to be a trail headed south from Cienega Springs road (1 mile south of the hwy 95 junction) that leads over to Shea road. Can that be done in a Rhino? Looks a little narrow for a jeep, but then I'm just looking at google earth. Anyone done this?

-Sterndrive

We did this 2 years ago and it is fine for a jeep or rhino. You have to run along the hwy for about a 1/4 mile if I remember right and then go back into the desert. It was a fun ride. Not very difficult but fun anyway.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We did this 2 years ago and it is fine for a jeep or rhino. You have to run along the hwy for about a 1/4 mile if I remember right and then go back into the desert. It was a fun ride. Not very difficult but fun anyway.

A few years back Adam from Wired For Sound tried to take you the difficult way and you backed out.. :D I think the exact words were "fuck that shit!"

RD

speeddmn

Reaction score
A few years back Adam from Wired For Sound tried to take you the difficult way and you backed out.. :D I think the exact words were "fuck that shit!"

RD

Actually we made it through the really bad spot and one of the guys with us was driving a Joyner and it was overheating, so we had to tow it out and didn't want to go through the next bunch of rocks doing that. I did however bend a spindle going through that shit and wasn't real crazy about it. Then they were lifting the quad over the next bunch of rocks. I would like to see most of you badass drivers go through that shit. That one spot we went through was kinda hairy, but it can be done.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

-Sterndrive

Done it a handful of times, I don't remember anything that difficult. Just normal trail riding.

We've done quite a bit of exploring out there. If you stay on the trails I haven't found anything impassable. Most of those trails are heavily used.