WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rzr XP 4 in Parker Video:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Don't think this has been posted yet:
[video=youtube;Fb-CXkFmvUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb-CXkFmvUY[/video]

With the new Wildcat getting bad reviews,, interest in the XP 4 has revved up even more.

River911

911 River Trip
Reaction score
I'm so glad I did not buy a Wildcat. But I still do not like the Gayzor :D

Joe mama

Reaction score
Nothing gay about this!

Attachments

• sdr-xpr-.jpg
    sdr-xpr-.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 335

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Wildcats current issues are the wet clutch and lack of power.

Those that replace the wet clutch with the after market dry clutch kit are experiencing crankshaft failures.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Not gay either.

Attachments

• sdr-xpr-bigair.jpg
    sdr-xpr-bigair.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 317

Fltplan

Reaction score
Not gay either.

That thing looks gayer than a 3 dollar bill! Anything that big, with that small wheels just doesn't make sense to me. I know suspension has come a long way, but........

Don't mind me, I've been a dis-believer of these utv's for a long time. :D

Meaney77

Reaction score
That thing looks gayer than a 3 dollar bill! Anything that big, with that small wheels just doesn't make sense to me. I know suspension has come a long way, but........

Don't mind me, I've been a dis-believer of these utv's for a long time. :D

X2! Not to mention when you factor in the price of this UTV plus all of the upgraded cage, suspension, motor mods, etc.. you could have a noce full size real deal legit off road "CAR"

I guess the appeal might be the ability to finance from the dealer and swipe the card for the rest....not sure but I dont get it.

Fltplan

Reaction score
X2! Not to mention when you factor in the price of this UTV plus all of the upgraded cage, suspension, motor mods, etc.. you could have a noce full size real deal legit off road "CAR"

I guess the appeal might be the ability to finance from the dealer and swipe the card for the rest....not sure but I dont get it.

I started a thread awhile ago about your last sentence there. It came down to the ability to finance them and they are turn key for the masses. If you wanted a car that was legit, you'd have to know how to turn a wrench and be mechanically creative.

Not saying this particular one isn't trick or the guy doesn't know how to tweek it on his own.

I can't imagine spending the dough on these things when a real car would be much safer and way more fun. These little things are not safe enough for the speeds they are going now. :thumbsdown Entertainment wins out over safety I guess.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Only as safe as the driver. Doesn"t matter how big it is. No different than a small boat with big power.

Fltplan

Reaction score
Only as safe as the driver. Doesn"t matter how big it is. No different than a small boat with big power.

I would agree with that. But most people that have small boats with big power get to that point by doing it or atleast designing it themselves, ie, they are a little more in the know.

The safety record will show in the future that these things are going to cause lots of injuries and deaths. The one in this pic would bang your head something fierce in a roll over. Hopefully they are 5 point harnesses, not 4.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I actually stopped by the motorcycle shop last week and looked at the new 4 seater Tyrex up close. I was surprised at the cages and how weak they appear, it felt like it was made out of the same tubing they use to make swing sets. You would think that the big companies making these things wouldn?t chince on the cage....

I agree with Fltplan- these things aren?t built to withstand the speeds these things are going go to You Tube and see some of the videos posted that prove it.

Fltplan

Reaction score
You guys are right these things are junk.

Don't think they are junk, I can appreciate any good craftsmanship. I just think they are outta their element going that fast or that high with those itty bitty wheels, tires & inadequate roll bar protection. Looks like it's ready to fall over sittin still if it got a flat.:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What a bunch of negative nellies..

I'll tell you what, I have a Teryx and it's probably a 25 - 30K deal now.. I know guys with Cars and have been in plenty, and they are bitchen no doubt.. That being said I have shitloads of fun in my little SXS. Way more fun then I would have in a car. If I bought a car, I could afford the cheapest entry level piece of shit on the market..

With the short wheel base, and suspension, that Teryx feels like a miniature trophy truck.. My wife can drive it with no issues, and it's a bitchen little grocery getter for AZ..

In short, if someone offered to trade me for a car that cost 30K to build, or keep my teryx.. I'd keep my Teryx all day long.

Now for duning or sand.. I couldn't imagine picking a SXS over a car.. pretty much ever. For hard pack, and general riding around Parker / Havasu area. I'd take the SXS everyday of the week and twice on sunday.

RD

Meaney77

Reaction score

I'll tell you what, I have a Teryx and it's probably a 25 - 30K deal now.. I know guys with Cars and have been in plenty, and they are bitchen no doubt.. That being said I have shitloads of fun in my little SXS. Way more fun then I would have in a car. If I bought a car, I could afford the cheapest entry level piece of shit on the market..

With the short wheel base, and suspension, that Teryx feels like a miniature trophy truck.. My wife can drive it with no issues, and it's a bitchen little grocery getter for AZ..

In short, if someone offered to trade me for a car that cost 30K to build, or keep my teryx.. I'd keep my Teryx all day long.

Now for duning or sand.. I couldn't imagine picking a SXS over a car.. pretty much ever. For hard pack, and general riding around Parker / Havasu area. I'd take the SXS everyday of the week and twice on sunday.

RD

Not trying to be a negative Nelly! To each their own and there are pros and cons to each. It comes down to what works for each owner.

You say "With the short wheel base, and suspension, that Teryx feels like a miniature trophy truck.." to me, I think that is the issue, its almost like a false sense of security. People drive these things like they are trophy trucks, beat the shit out of them and then usually get into trouble and end up on the roof.

This is just my 2 cents I am by no means an expert or negative Nelly, I just like to have a bit more car around me when in the dirt.

Joe mama

Reaction score

RD

Yeah what he said! Hell I was crawling back into my hole. :D

2Driver

Reaction score
;)

[video=youtube;YnGlMtmiOO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnGlMtmiOO4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnGlMtmiOO4[/video]

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Don't think I have even $16k in the XP.
5 year warranty, runs all day on a few gallons gas,, over the counter parts,, good re-sale,, fun to drive,, super-reliable, not chasing a weld or a grenaded engine or trans every time we take it out,,

Been all through that as have most my SxS owning friends.

The T Truck or LT Car I'd be happy with would be an easy $150K, but I'm quoted more like $200K +,,,, with very bad re-sale value. Probably far worse than that big MoHo boat we bought,, but love.

SxS's are a great alternate to quads. You rarely see guys over 40 riding quads,, even fewer women on quads, and rarely in a sand car period,, if ever.

SxS's have opened up an entire new, affordable segment to all aspects of off roading.
Anyone who thrashes their nice new expensive Jeep out there is nuts.

Reaction score
Don't think I have even $16k in the XP.
5 year warranty, runs all day on a few gallons gas,, over the counter parts,, good re-sale,, fun to drive,, super-reliable, not chasing a weld or a grenaded engine or trans every time we take it out,,

I like to read things like this. :thumbsup

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out what is so great about riding in a dust cloud? For me, in those conditions, I'd rather be in an a/c, hard top Jeep.

I must be getting old:rolleyes: