WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SSV Stereo help!

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Have an 08 Teryx with the SSV pods, sub, amp, deck. The amp died on me a while back and I have just been running the mids/highs off the deck to get by.

In the mood for a project. Want suggestions for a good 4/6 channel replacement amplifier to take the place of the EFX 800 I had. The sound quality was good, however I was wondering if I could make it hit a little harder if I upgraded the amplifier. I am also going to be switching over to an ipod only set up.

Any suggestions on the amplifier would be appreciated!:party:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Have an 08 Teryx with the SSV pods, sub, amp, deck. The amp died on me a while back and I have just been running the mids/highs off the deck to get by.

In the mood for a project. Want suggestions for a good 4/6 channel replacement amplifier to take the place of the EFX 800 I had. The sound quality was good, however I was wondering if I could make it hit a little harder if I upgraded the amplifier. I am also going to be switching over to an ipod only set up.

Any suggestions on the amplifier would be appreciated!:party:

Alpine PDX. and if in the budget get the marine version. the amps are tiny and have great output. the marine version can get wet and will last mcuh longer in a SXS

Beerme

Reaction score
Riverbound, thanks a bunch on the Alpine PDX. Not sure if i'm going to go with the 4.1 marine, or the PDX 5 channel car, depends on the deal I get. Was looking at the dimensions, going to work perfect and fit in the glove compartment. Therefore, I dont have to worry about taking the dash apart to get to the amp like I did with the EFX (pain in the arse).

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Riverbound, thanks a bunch on the Alpine PDX. Not sure if i'm going to go with the 4.1 marine, or the PDX 5 channel car, depends on the deal I get. Was looking at the dimensions, going to work perfect and fit in the glove compartment. Therefore, I dont have to worry about taking the dash apart to get to the amp like I did with the EFX (pain in the arse).

If you are looking for a deal Call Dallas at Al&Eds Ontario. He has taken care of many board members. :thumbsup

909-481-8411

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

I have a PDX 5 in my teryx mounted behind the drivers seat. The teryx is a cluster fuck and I wouldn't mount a amp under the hood. (pain to get too)

I don't think I would mount it in the glove box either. It needs to breath and I think you will run into dust/heat issues by the time you drill all the holes to run the wiring.

I had the EFX amp in my rhino and it worked fine. With that said the Alpine kicks the shit out of it and uses very little power. (I replaced my standard battery with a blue top and I havent had to charge it once)

J5Daytona

Reaction score
ive got the pdx5m in the glove box of my rhino works awesome never had a problem with it

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I have a PDX 5 in my teryx mounted behind the drivers seat. The teryx is a cluster fuck and I wouldn't mount a amp under the hood. (pain to get too)

I don't think I would mount it in the glove box either. It needs to breath and I think you will run into dust/heat issues by the time you drill all the holes to run the wiring.

I had the EFX amp in my rhino and it worked fine. With that said the Alpine kicks the shit out of it and uses very little power. (I replaced my standard battery with a blue top and I havent had to charge it once)

With PDX amps heat is not an issue like most other amps. I have seen them abused pretty bad and heat/lack of airflow never was an issue.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
ive got the pdx5m in the glove box of my rhino works awesome never had a problem with it

Did you use really good grommets for the wires? I destroyed a nice head unit in about 2 rides flat back in the day. The heat and sand/dust killed it.

Beerme

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the help. I'm pretty set on the PDX now. Going to bid on one on ebay when I get home from work. Going to try an put it in the glove for now and see how it works since all the wires are already there. The EFX was mounted under the glove, inside the dash initially. Holy Crap the EFX was big, I never realized what a monster it was until I pulled it out.