WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

AZ Lawmaker Asked to Resign. Patterson getting his due:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Patterson is the frontman that caused the closures at Glamis and most other Southwest riding areas.
Also the main character standing in the way of the LA to Las Vegas train.

PHP4F4C298B6BB49.jpg

"The Arizona Legislature could find itself in the midst of another ethics investigation into a state lawmaker's personal life.

Rep. Katie Hobbs, D-Phoenix, has filed a formal request for the House Ethics Committee to investigate Rep. Daniel Patterson, D-Tucson.

Patterson on Monday refused Democrats' demands that he resign in the wake of allegations of domestic conflict with his former girlfriend and campaign chairwoman.

The woman, who was living with Patterson, filed an order of protection against him in Tucson city court on Friday alleging that he, among other things, threatened to kill her.

A judge ordered Patterson to have "no contact" with the woman.

Patterson also has been the subject of restraining orders that his ex-wife filed against him in recent years as they went through a divorce and custody battle. According to one order, Patterson told his ex-wife, who was recovering from breast cancer, that he hoped she would die. She reported that she feared for her life and their daughter's safety. No criminal charges were filed related to those incidents.

Hobbs in her request states that the allegations against Patterson constitute domestic violence and appear to be a pattern of inappropriate conduct. Fifteen other House Democrats also signed on in support of the request.

House Minority Leader Chad Campbell, D-Phoenix, on Monday called for Patterson's resignation, as did Arizona Democratic Party Executive Director Luis Heredia. Both said the allegations were interfering with his work.

Patterson, who was at home in Tucson on Monday and missed House votes on several bills, defended himself.

He said he found out recently that his girlfriend had some problems in her past and he had talked to her about moving out and she "did not take this well."

Patterson said he has spoken to Tucson police, and he has not been arrested. He said prosecutors have not filed charges, and he has not invoked legislative immunity.

"These are all false allegations," he said. "Everybody is entitled to tell their side of the story. I'm just trying to protect myself and my family."

Patterson said he doesn't know why fellow Democrats have called for his resignation.

"They are in the world of cutthroat Phoenix politics," he said. "I haven't heard similar calls from people in Tucson. The only people who matter to me are the voters in my district."

Campbell said there have been ongoing issues with Patterson for the past few years, both with people in his personal life and with other state lawmakers. He declined to go into detail.

"If this was a one-time thing, this would be a very different conversation," he said. "But these ongoing issues are limiting Mr. Patterson's ability to adequately represent his constituents. It's just distracting."

Heredia said in a media release that Patterson's issues render him unable to serve his constituents.

"I do not call on a sitting Democratic elected official to resign lightly. However, I firmly believe that the voters of Southern Arizona deserve a representative who can serve them without distraction," Heredia said in his release.

A call to Tucson police seeking information about any police reports filed relating to Friday's incident was not returned. Patterson's ex-girlfriend on Monday did not return a message seeking comment.

House Ethics Committee Chairman Rep. Ted Vogt, R-Tucson, will decide whether to move forward with the investigation.

The last legislative ethics-committee investigation was earlier this year when the Senate Ethics Committee held a two-day hearing into domestic-violence allegations against Sen. Scott Bundgaard, R-Peoria.

Bundgaard resigned abruptly during the hearing."

-AZ Central.com.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...estic-violence-resignation.html#ixzz1nu0uGrOF

Scott E

Reaction score
I've never been so this is probably a very stupid question. How does a congressman from AZ have any say on Glamis in CA? Is it a federal park?

Sandlord

Reaction score
I've never been so this is probably a very stupid question. How does a congressman from AZ have any say on Glamis in CA? Is it a federal park?

Prior to his becoming a congressman in AZ, he was part of an enviro group that lied to the Fish and wildlife service to get a weed listed as endangered. He said there were only 7 left in existence. They closed half of Glamis. Now they find out there are millions of these plants. I hope AZ hangs him.

Hammer

Reaction score
Prior to his becoming a congressman in AZ, he was part of an enviro group that lied to the Fish and wildlife service to get a weed listed as endangered. He said there were only 7 left in existence. They closed half of Glamis. Now they find out there are millions of these plants. I hope AZ hangs him.

So does this mean they might open up that huge off limits area in the middle of the dunes ?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Oh what WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even his own kind have figured out hes an asshole, this is a beautiful thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

:champagne::champagne::champagne:

Danny boy started/founded the Center for Biological Diversity and PEER. Two group that have been instrumental in getting Everything shut down!!! They are eco terrorists, and have lied out their ass every step of the way. Everyone is hip to them now, and Danny boy distanced himself from these groups when he went and got himself elected.

This is the best news ever that this guy has been asked to resign. What a wonderfull thing to happen. :thumbsup:thumbsup

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Treehuggers have this mentality that the end is so justified, that it's OK to lie, cheat and do whatever it takes to get their agenda crammed-down our throats.

Scott E

Reaction score
Treehuggers have this mentality that the end is so justified, that it's OK to lie, cheat and do whatever it takes to get their agenda crammed-down our throats.

Same as politicians...

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

Well stated.
We've (the ASA etc) tried to de-list it and hit nothing but brick walls.
Once something like this gets listed, very hard to un-do.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score

Also tied to that, sueing the feds is profitable. These groups have found that in suing to government, win or lose they get their court and attorney costs repaid .

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Also tied to that, sueing the feds is profitable. These groups have found that in suing to government, win or lose they get their court and attorney costs repaid .

They are run by lawyers, this simply generates business.
They only oppose projects or issues that will produce revenue.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Wonderful news, this little slimeball and his eco-nazis came in to Sand Mountain about 12 years ago and left their trail of misery. I had no idea the little piece of shit had run for and been elected to public office.
This focker is a real POS.
I don't have the hate on for many folks on this planet, but he is right up there with the handful I do. Whatever misery befalls him he has earned tenfold. If I recall he was big on the spotted owl deal too, which caused untold misery in the pacific northwest, later they found this owl, who allegedly could tell how old trees were and only lived in the oldest, was found nesting in the "A" of a K-Mart sign in Nor Cal.

The fact that he managed to get elected to public office speaks volumes about the level of awareness/intelligence of the electorate, which sad.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
This focker is a real POS.

The fact that he managed to get elected to public office speaks volumes about the level of awareness/intelligence of the electorate, which sad.

Problem is, there's a huge population of voters who think just like he thinks.

Tapatalk Sux!